News September's SM4 Set: 'The Awoken Hero' and 'The Transdimensional Beast'

Duo

RIP Nessa 2023
Just like Counter Energy, I strongly believe that Counter Catcher is a card that works better in Non-GX/EX focused decks.

Counter Catcher works best when there is a 1 prize gap. This discourages people from simply popping that Alolan Vulpix when you can just immediately Counter Catcher on the next turn for a bigger KO.

But if you're playing GX vs GX and constantly focused on 2 prize KOs, then you never want to purposefully put yourself behind by 2 prizes in order to use a card. It holds the same value as Guzma as that point.

I think Counter Catcher is deck specific and should not be simply put into every deck, but when you put it in a deck that makes sense it is an absolute game changer. But even without Counter Catcher in everyone's deck, the threat of it being there highly discourages 1 prize KOs.

And as great of a single card Counter Catcher is, let's not forget that if you're simply so behind or set up so poorly that you don't even have a Pokemon to respond with even if you have Counter Catcher, then it simply doesn't matter. Regardless, this card encourages more careful & strategic play and I love it.

reserpine

Aspiring Trainer
I was a little bit disappointed with the GX attack of Gyarados GX. Good thing they release Alolan Golem GX with a wonderful GX attack.

ZMonsBRUH

Darkrai
This card will probably be in mill decks/energy denial. Imagine it, you don't take prize cards, because you only mill, then u can use counter catcher, to stall, otherwise probably a 1 of in decks

jessalakasam

Floette is love Floette is life
Called it. I hope there's a Metal one so it can hit Gardy for weakness

Last edited:

mirdo

Seagull Overlord and Business Entrepreneur
Memory cards? Heck yeah i love the PS2!

No but seriously. This makes it official that Silvally is pretty much the "Chase Card" of the set.
Energy Acceleration for quite a bit damage and some type coverage.
Probably fits in a lot of decks.
I could see this replacing Baby Volc in Volcanion. Maybe. Or atleast in part.

Draskk

Blast From The Past
So, we have Psychic and Fighting ones. That's pretty good type coverage. But if/when we get Metal, Water, Grass, and Fire, this gets really good partnered with Tear Away Weavile.

Mr. Rhyperior

The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
  • Memory cards - Amazing but disappointing. 1.)Field Blower is everywhere. If you run 2 copies per deck, it's hard to set it up because blower is just discard your tools and your set up is gone. 2.) I love how it covers weakness on some top tier decks but Silvally is Stage 1, you'll getting a hard time with that. 3.) You can't attach Choice Band for your advantage. 3-4 Geodudes. (Sorry for being so salty.)