News September's SM4 Set: 'The Awoken Hero' and 'The Transdimensional Beast'

Ecourts

Wanderer | Lvl.2
Both cards are viable, in my opinion.

I feel it's gonna be a Brigette situation though, where the potential is there... we just need to find an optimal use for it.
So, we may see Dash Pouch float in and out of some lists, but I think it'll eventually finds it's niche in a deck.

As far as Chimecho goes... It'll strictly be a tech card.
It has some very interesting interactions with a lot of meta threats.
But, it probably won't see play, unless a deck is in need of that tech.

Could also see this being accessed through something like Marshadow-GX.
Would be cool to see a deck that tries to abuse Marshadow's ability; similar to that Mew/Jolteon/Glaceon deck.

theprp30

Aspiring Trainer
The dash pouch gives some great options during a match when your looking for that knock out blow, just to bad field blower and trash/garb won't let it be around to much.

Hemos

The demonic Shadow Lugia/Mystical Raven Witch
That Dash Pouch is actually quite handy! It's a good way of salvaging Double Colorless Energy or Double Dragon Energy cards, or energy cards in general if you're running short of them in your deck. Well that or you're running a deck that keeps the energy cards to a minimal.

Blergsid

Aspiring Trainer
Dash pouch might be helpful for decks that float energy from the hand (blastoise, emboar, gard) but probably not the best. Also, chimeco looks like it could be good in some slower decks that don't attack turn one, to act like a wobbuffet that takes an energy but locks all enemy abilities better and has 1 retreat, while also letting you use abilities. If metagross/necrozma becomes meta, it might see some play while you set up your metagross.

Lorde

♕ The Queen ♕
Chimecho is powerful, I could see it being played. Counters Lele, Gardy, and Volc to a certain extent.

CrazyIvan

Aspiring Trainer
I think some of you are overrating Dash Pouch. It's basically just a really bad Energy Retrieval. Dash Pouch has to be attached to a Pokémon which means you can't attach another more useful tool. It can also quite easily be removed with Field Blower and you only get the energy back specifically when you retreat the Pokémon that the card is attached to, which also means you'll have already needed to attach enough energy to pay for the retreat. Energy Retrieval let's you just get two energies back from the discard whenever you want them, which is where the energy would have gone anyway if you did decide to pay to retreat.

You could use Dash Pouch to get more energies back than Energy Retrieval, but unless you have a way to put them all back down again the restrictiveness of the card doesn't really make it worth it. The only advantage of Dash Pouch is that it can let you get back a DCE presumably from a Pokémon that's already been damaged.

thflame

Aspiring Trainer
I don't see the use of Dash Pouch unless Float Stone rotates, and even then, another switching card would be more ideal. If the goal is to conserve the energy, then you could just play Acerola.

Chimecho sounds okay, but highly situational. Against decks that don't use abilities, it's useless. If they play an attacker that doesn't have an ability, then Chimecho is going to get KOed pretty fast. 10 damage isn't enough to really pressure anyone.

CrazyIvan

Aspiring Trainer
I don't see the use of Dash Pouch unless Float Stone rotates, and even then, another switching card would be more ideal. If the goal is to conserve the energy, then you could just play Acerola.

I wouldn't say it was used for switching since it doesn't actually make switching any easier, it's definitely for the energy conservation. As you say and I said in the post before there are better ways of doing it.

pokeraider123456

Aspiring Trainer

Chimecho sounds okay, but highly situational. Against decks that don't use abilities, it's useless. If they play an attacker that doesn't have an ability, then Chimecho is going to get KOed pretty fast. 10 damage isn't enough to really pressure anyone.
Dash pouch is bad, you might as well put float stone instead. and you can use scoop up, az, arceola, cyclone if expanded. switch, even scramble switch is more useful. you can get around chimeco easily if your using evosoda, or wally, assuming u play expanded, which i only do. and arceola.

Ecourts

Wanderer | Lvl.2
Chimecho is powerful, I could see it being played. Counters Lele, Gardy, and Volc to a certain extent.

It's useful vs a lot of Pokemon, the problem is...
Chimecho is not a complete strategy on it's own, and I'm not entirely sure we have a deck that fits it.

Also, Volcanion can still be placed on the bench via Brooklet Hill; though it will prevent Staryu from evolving.

I think some of you are overrating Dash Pouch. It's basically just a really bad Energy Retrieval[...]
You could use Dash Pouch to get more energies back than Energy Retrieval, but unless you have a way to put them all back down again the restrictiveness of the card doesn't really make it worth it. The only advantage of Dash Pouch is that it can let you get back a DCE presumably from a Pokémon that's already been damaged.

Dash Pouch itself, is not a bad card.
It has potential, as you said, it can save DCE and other special energy; which energy retrieval cannot.
It's problem is, it doesn't have much to synergize with, and it's a lot easier to use float stone for what you'd want it on.

Gardevoir-GX was mentioned, and I honestly think that's a usable idea.
We'll have to see what else gets printed, but I believe Dash Pouch may find a place eventually.

jessalakasam

Floette is love Floette is life
Mainly because we haven't seen a baby pokémon card since forever?
nope even in sets with Babies Chimecho has always been basic. For example, Supreme Victors had both Chingling and Chimecho
Unknown.jpeg

Attachments

• Chingling.SV.98.png
    Chingling.SV.98.png
    527.7 KB · Views: 6