• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Alt. Format Semiunlimited (Swampert / Miltank / Machamp)

Ace Trainer Caleb

Aspiring Trainer
Ok, first off I play a semi-unlimited format with a few friends and family that is roughly Hidden Legends-On. This thread is going to be a little bit different because I need help with not only consistency and general improvement of the deck, but I also need help with a certain deck that has been giving me trouble, whether it be tips for during the game or small changes in the deck list.

Now here's my list that I need help on:

Pokemon: 20
  • 4 Swampert (Primal Clash)
  • 3 Marshtomp (EX Emerald)
  • 4 Mudkip (CG)
  • 1 Machamp (SF)
  • 1 Machop (DP)
  • 2 Miltank (FLF)
  • 2 Claydol (GE)
  • 2 Baltoy (GE)
  • 1 Unown R (LA)
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 28
  • 4 Pokemon Collector
  • 3 Celio's Network
  • 2 Steven's Advice
  • 2 Lysandre
  • 1 Castaway
  • 4 Rare Candy
  • 3 Expert Belt
  • 2 Pokemon Communication
  • 2 Windstorm
  • 2 Warp Point
  • 1 Night Maintenance
  • 2 Broken Time-Space
Energy: 12
  • 4 Double Rainbow Energy
  • 2 Call Energy
  • 1 Scramble Energy
  • 5 Water Energy
Strategy:

First off with the Swampert line, I run a 4-3-4 instead of 4-2-4 to be less dependent on Rare Candy, which should help during item lock. The Machamp tech line is to KO Big Basic EXs if they don't have an Unown G. Miltank helps as an attacker that doesn't take as long to set up. Unown R is one of my favorite editions because I often Collector for Mudkip, Baltoy & Unown R, if I have the Rare Candy & Swampert in hand. Then I evolve into Swampert, Diving Search for Claydol to put it onto the top of my deck and then use Unown's Ability "Retire" to draw a card so I'm now set. Not sure if I should switch him for an Uxie, even though Uxie seems useful more often but is low HP bench bait.
I honestly have no idea what I'm doing with the Supporters and Trainers, I suck at setting up a good backbone of them and I suffer setting up because of it. I opted for Expert Belt over Muscle Band because I thought the +20 HP would be more useful but the extra prize has hurt me a lot.
For the energy, Double Rainbow is awesome because I could, in theory add 100 damage a turn if I needed to due to Swampert's ancient trait. Call Energy is useful but Swampert needs water energy and Scramble Energy can swing games if timed right.

But this list could use some work... My brother always destroys me with the Noivern/Dusknoir deck listed above, he sets up faster & takes advantage of my low HP basics with ATM: Rock. I try to watch how much Pokemon I bench and even though I have the Mudkip that can't be hit while on the bench, it's just not enough. The 50% chance of me even killing his Noiverns really sucks and even though I Lysandre up Dusknoirs for a KO, it never seems to do much. I don't know if it's my list, my playing strategy, or a combination of the two but any criticism is very welcome. Just remember to keep it positive and constructive!

Back