Discussion Seismitoad EX / Red Card / Delinquent: Slowking or Garbodor?

NintendoAlian

Frontier Brain
Seismitoad got a lot better in BREAKpoint with the introduction of Delinquent, which was an obvious pair with Red Card, but I think that just Seismitoad alone is pretty underwhelming, so we need a partner. The two that came to my mind were Slowking and Garbodor, both from BKP.
XY9_EN_57.png XY9_EN_21.png
Both have their ups and downs, but I was wondering, what was better.
Garbodor:
Pros:
Locks abilities
Shuts off Shaymin and Octillery
Stops Hypno from preventing us from attacking for a turn
Cons:
Useless against decks that don't rely on abilities
Energy disruption relies on Hammers/Flare Grunt
Only works with tool

Slowking:
Pros:
Can stop your opponent from attacking
Move energies to Pokemon then Lysandre that up
Useful in ALMOST every matchup
Water type, meaning Dive Ball
Cons:
Coin flip
Shaymin and Octillery can be problematic
Aromatisse/Golduck

I would love anyone else's opinion on this. Personally, I like Slowking, but Shaymin and Octillery can be problems.

Hornleach1

Aspiring Trainer
Personally I think that it all depends on how much space you wish to devote to their lines. Slowking is most effective when there are large numbers of them whereas Garb works well with a 2:2 line. Personally I would pair Slowking with Mega Mewtwo Y but I think that it could work well with toad. Hope this helped.

Mora

Don't Panic
Slowking seems like a fun addition, but I'd be worried about your opponent playing around it be only Benching things that they would want Energy on in the first place. Just imagine how useless it would be against M Manectric deck. Target Whistle might be good to try to force them to put at least something on the Bench.

poke4trade

Raising Ash
Hahaha...This is the exact combination I was thinking. It was why Slowking made it so high on my top ten. I think the deck can run a thick slowking line because siesmitoad is a basic. With a thick slowking line, plus hand and energy disruption it could very well place the opponent in awkward positions every turn. Even if they benched pokemon and started empting energy on the bench, the deck could just lysander the opponent out and start moving the energy around again. It is also why I think that the 4 VS seeker line will start seeing it days number. Between energy displacement and disruption + hand disruption the opponent is in sticky positions of getting something charged and in active.

Mantric is still a two charge, but like anything else, Manetric plays well with good draw support. Limit Mantrics hand cause of the heavy item line and eventually the opponent will get stuck. They can't get to their draw support due to the heavy VS seeker line being item lock and it will force them to play shaymen. Move the energy onto shaymin.

Yep, that was my Pinky and the Brain idea.

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
How about Empoleon instead to allow Seismitoad Ex to hit harder. Start off as a normal item lock deck and set up 2-3 Empoleon on the bench while Seismitoad Ex is active with Fury Belt attached. Mid game switch over to hand denial when some of their draw supporters have already been used and it is much harder for them to recover from the hand denial effort.

PokeDad5

Aspiring Trainer
I'd rather have Slowking than Garbodor. You can already run a Silent Lab to limit the abilities of Basic Pokemon.