Sandy Hook School Shooting in Connecticut

RE: School Shooting in Connecticut

Glace said:
r3skyline said:
Has nothing to do about making more strict gun laws. It's about the lack of health care for people with mental issues. And mind you, this can range from anger management to depression to insanity. There is hardly a footprint as most MDs want to have a person learn self control rather than true medication for a chemical imbalance.

So it was a good idea for a mother of an insane son to have guns at hand?

Tell me the wrong in it and I'll answer. Is it wrong for me to have guns?

Also, if you knew he was insane, why didn't you help him?

Nobody was saying that videogames caused the shooting. But to say that violent videogames (first person shooters specifically) are possible contributors is scientifically supported, as I'm sure most of us know.

And I highly doubt the mother, or anyone for that matter, knew about the perversion in this guys mind. So why is it wrong for her to have guns at hand? I obviously don't know her personally, so it's only speculation.

The truth of the matter is that the kids and/or young teenagers who commit these acts of violence can't seem to distinguish between what's reality and what isn't. Also with video game technology becoming more "life-like" in terms of graphics it could very well leave these kinds of people with the wrong impression and poor parenthood might also play a role in this as well If they take their son or daughter's behavior for granted too much.

The problem with the mother of the shooter in this tragedy is If she knew her son was going to commit that massacre at Sandy Hook she should've been more careful with the guns she owned which her son managed to get ahold of. Point being, don't leave your guns around where people can actually steal it. The least she could've done was have the guns and ammunition safe locked with some kind of secret password. In a situation like this I understand it was hard for the mother to understand the behavior of her son in regards to his personality.

iamtheman said:
We need to support mental health patients and make stricter gun control laws!

http://www.change.org/petitions/make-stricter-gun-control-laws-and-support-mental-health-patients

...If you repeal the 2nd Amendment, there will always be people with guns, not to mention the fact that our government will HAVE to spend more money to crack down on these people, just like they're doing with marijuana / cocaine / LSD / every other drug out there. We're better off keeping guns legalized, as we can use them to protect ourselves. Sure, you can argue that guns are too violent, but when someone has a gun in their hands, do you think you can easily subdue and take their gun away? This is real life, not the movies, were we can't all do karate and run around the room dodging bullets left and right. Also, why are we adding video games to this story? 0_o there is no basis for video games in this shooting, just some psycho who somehow killed his mom than...yeah. I mean it has happened before, where there was a shooting when old skool Doom was out, but I believe we should stick with the topic at hand, not something that could/n't affect the minds of the younger generation.

Not to send the thread spiraling into an awkward moment but sadly a couple years from now the new gen will telling ghost stories about that classroom. Unless they keep it under wraps from the kids but we want to remember those we lost, but not in a ghost story way.

Back