• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Salazzle/Infernape/Seviper

ForeverRanger91

Aspiring Trainer
Poison and Burn for days folks

3 Salandit UPR 25
2 Zoroark-GX SLG 77
2 Infernape UPR 23
2 Chimchar UPR 21
2 Alolan Diglett SM 86
3 Salazzle UPR 26
2 Seviper BUS 50
2 Alolan Dugtrio SM 87
1 Monferno UPR 22
2 Zorua SLG 52

3 Rare Candy SM 129
3 Ultra Ball SLG 68
2 Float Stone BKT 137
3 Nest Ball SM 158
1 Choice Band GRI 121
2 Guzma BUS 143
2 Field Blower GRI 125
2 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130
2 Order Pad UPR 131
3 Bodybuilding Dumbbells BUS 161
4 Cynthia UPR 119
2 Judge BKT 143

2 Double Colorless Energy FCO 114
6 Fire Energy BUS 167
2 Counter Energy CIN 122

Goal is simple, use Panic Poison to Burn, Poison and Confuse your opponents active then use Hunters Nails to do 120. Infernape and Seviper are there to boost the damage output from those special conditions. Plenty of room for improvement though.

Last edited:
I'd cut the Rare Candy count down to 3 or 2, cut Judge for N, and decide between Choice Band or Bodybuilding Dumbbells. Two tools never work for one Pokémon.
You might consider adding a line of Alolan Dugtrio (SUM) for an extra retreat strain to keep your opponent Active so Poison and Burn can take action.

So:

-1 Rare Candy
-2 Judge
-3 Tool of Choice

+2 Alolan Diglett
+2 Alolan Dugtrio

Remember, this is just my opinion.

I already have a high Pokemon count, don't you think that is a tad much? Likely going to get rid of the Choice Bands. What about Sea of Nothingness to stop evolution pokemon from getting out of it.

I would love to run Octillery instead of Zoroark but I prefer Zoroark because it can act like another attacker.

Updated with a more cohesive list. And any of you budget players like myself should give this thing a go. 61 bucks for everything

Last edited:
Thinking about throwing in a Lysandre Prism Star for some nifty removal. Also want to throw in 4 Puzzle of Time but can't find space.

What if you use bulky Pokémon that sit in the active that act as walls, letting the Burn and Poison damage rack up? While Wishiwashi-GX seems like an obvious contender, I reccomend something like Regigigas CRI. Despite the fact that it only has 180 HP (yeah, only!), it only yields one prize, as opposed to Wishiwashi-GX's two. Possibly a copy of Xurkitree-GX to make Zoroark cry? I'm eager to see what you can come up with, and I wish you best of luck with this fun deck!
Thank you for keeping Deck Garage fresh man! It's nice to see something creative (as opposed to MetalBox #27, Garchomp/Lucario #98, BuzzRoc #420, etc...)!

-Legolover322

I've seen someone running this deck with it's main attacker as Turtonator, not the one you are thinking of, nope not the other one, the other other Turtonator from forbidden light :) It's attack guarantees burn and it's a tanky card. Could hit for more if promo Lurantis is included.

SM5_EN_27.png

Nice idea and I am definitely reworking the deck to focus around it. I still want to keep Salandit and Salazzle around though.

I've been putting in a bunch of matches on PTCGO trying to get this deck to be competitive.

I've tried just using Infernape and Monferno as the primary attackers + promo Lurantis.

I've tried using "Searing Flame" Turtonator + promo Lurnatis.

I've also used Hoopa from Steam Siege as a psychic counter (can do 100 damage for 1 energy + choice band on Buzzwole and Necrozma) plus 20 to the bench to soften up the next attackers.

All these variations would only get me down to 2 prize cards against the popular meta decks. I could only 2 shot every GX/EX pokemon so the prize race was always even and I ended up on the losing side at the end.

I found that you could never rely on burn to activate twice, my opponent would always Guzma, Invasion, float stone or manually retreat.

I guess I could try using enhanced hammer to slow my opponents down.

I've been thinking about using Forbidden light Delphox but trying to get 2 stage 2 pokemon online is tricky. Maybe Alolan Vulpix could be used.

SM6_EN_17.png

Maybe a beefy GX like Ho-oh or Turtonator would work in this deck to take the attention off of Delphox and Infernape.

The inspiration for the deck came from Donald's (DarkIntegralGaming) Delphox/Infernape build. I have some new ideas for the deck and will hopefully test them soon.

Back