Discussion Salandit in Toad.

gumball51321

*thumbs up*
Hey, I was brainstorming and looking at random lists that topped regionals this season, and I saw Grant Manley's Toad/ Seviper deck, and I looked at it and thought "how does this not lose to Golisopod", and yada yada, I saw a Salandit that I was taking out of my deck, and it clicked. Toad already plays DCE, and poison shenangians, Salandit is a 1 prize fire type that does MASSIVE damage for a DCE.
SM2_EN_15.png

with a Choice Band, assuming that this non-existent Toad list plays it, and a Virbank in play, Saladlizard does 120 for a Double Colorless. Not bad, and perfectly OHKO-ing a Golisopod (60+30x2=180+30=210)
With Grant's list, assuming the opponent's active Mon is already poisoned and you have 3 Seviper's on you bench and a Virbank in play, you do 120, only, against Golisopod, you only do 180(only). But if they either attack in to you without switching, or they attacked into a Toad with a Poison Barb(since in this specific situation, they're already poisoned), then they get KO'd. Because Toad already plays DCE and all of the massive poison damage amplifiers, why wouldn't people play a copy of Salandit? It looks like it could be Seismitoad's Meowth.

Oh and a very obvious note: If you have a Choice Band and a Virbank and you're just attacking a typical 2-prize Mon, you do 120.

That sounds like a great tech. To spice it up even more, though it most likely won’t work, imagine using the salazzle with the poison/burn ability to evolve that into. You could use it to add burn along with poison if you miss a laser, or just add poison.

Back