Project Resources Revamp Project - Now Complete! Thanks to all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ice Arceus

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Advanced Member
eJVu8Jt.png
For some time now, we have felt the need to improve and completely revamp "The Fake Card Resources and Help Thread." Members have been coming up to us asking for the possibility of this happening, or for additional material to be added to the OP to help fakers check new, updated content out. Around the CW staff, we have felt that this was a task that needed to be done. A large undertaking like this was only going to grow into an intense project with multiple areas that needed improvement, and quite frankly, not all of us knew all the material that was outdated or updates to some of the resources. After further discussion, we decided that it would be the best to try to make this a collaborative effort instead. Meaning, the community would come together to work towards shaping a thread they wanted to personally see that stays updated and has all the shiny new resources that an artist would love to come across and use. In an effort of making this a reality, we would love to have some of our interested members on board for this project to not only make an impact on the rest of the community, but also show that PokéBeach has the best resources and content for our artists!

To help divide this project into manageable portions, below we have included a list of jobs that are available in order to successfully complete this.

Project Managers (limit: 2) - Working close with the CW staff and with each group to making sure the groups are completing their task effectively, efficiently, and appropriately. Must be ready to work with each group and communicate throughout the project’s duration.

Layout Planners - Organizing and developing the layout of the thread to house all the resources.

Description Planners
- Working on descriptions for the resources and sections of the thread.

Resource Gatherers - Collecting resources such as, guides, tutorials (including videos), game resource packs, card symbols, blanks, and packs for the thread.

Resource Creators - Creators of resources that are allowing the rest of the PokéBeach community to use freely/with credit.

Verifiers - Verifying incoming resources, identifying the creator for those resources, and looking through to see if proper permission is in place to use the content.

TCG Experts - Knowledge in the TCG including attacks, proper spelling and grammar for the game, and mechanics in order to create simple guides to help fakers.

What will be the CW staff’s role in all of this? The staff will be working with the members individually to ensure proper communication is being conducted between all groups, helping gather resources and verifying, working with the layout planners and TCG experts, and bringing together all the materials for the thread’s completion.

You are free to sign up for multiple jobs, and you are free to leave the job anytime during the duration of the project. If you are interested in helping out, please post below with the job(s) you are interested in. Not everyone is guaranteed a spot with the job. The staff will be looking at the number of people who respond and overall interest for that particular job. A list will be made public once a decision has been made regarding who has received which job.
----------
Link to the Master Links: [link]

Last edited:
I'd be interested in helping out as either a Project Manager and/or Layout/Description Planner. However, due to my vacation I won't be able to contribute until August 3rd or so, so keep that in mind. I'd be happy to help out however I can. :)

I'd be glad to help as much as I can to gather resources and create them myself if needed.

Looks like I'll be providing the actual stoof doesn't it :)

I am moving house though next Friday and no idea on when I'll have net following that + sorting out a new job, so said resources "may" get done inbetween or some such.

aka, long term. Whoever gets resource gatherer jobs though, HQ/HD scans, official images or even stock images from official websites (which I have alot of, but not all), are most definately a must; as an FYI.

Guess we can get started on this now. If more members are interested in signing up later, you are free to do so. Simply make a post in this thread with the job(s) you are interested in.

We should start using this time to begin communicating with one another through either PM, Skype, or within this thread itself and start forming our plan of action to take on the actual tasks within our groups. Just a reminder that you are free to leave this project anytime, or if you would like to switch jobs, you are free to do so as well.

Project Managers

Athena
Jabberwock

Layout Planners
Athena
Ice Arceus
Zygarde

Description Planners
Athena
Jabberwock

Resource Gatherers
Jabberwock
Reggie McGigas
Zygarde

Resource Creators
Jabberwock
Reggie McGigas
aschefield101
CMP

Verifiers
Zygarde

TCG Experts
bbninjas
Supa_Hot_Fire
TheStrictNein

Last edited:
So, we've just made a collab doc for the TCG Experts. You can find the link here. It is password protected to prevent unwanted tampering, but if you'd like a password just PM Ice Arceus, a Project Manager or myself. We'll respond with the code unless we think you're up to no good :p

Whenever something is added to the doc there needs to be references/examples. This is basically to add a layer of accuracy, and besides, examples are good.

I'll sign up as a Resource Creator -- I've already got Classic and Neo resources covered.

So whats happening with this then all?

Specifically when said images are done, are they being hosted here? Do we post them elsewhere and link? (I have LEGEND's ready to go + symbol sheet) Does WPM reply to anyone? =/

Wut's goin on... otherwise I'll remove the pokebeach copyright aspect of the "aschefield101/pokebeach.com" and fling it on DA.

We probably won't be able to host images on the PB servers right away, though that may be happening in the future. In the meantime, actual hosting will have to take place on dA, imgur, etc. for the time being, and once everything is gathered and laid out everything will be posted and linked here in the Faking forum in a revamped Resources thread. Actual site hosting and integration will hopefully happen as soon as possible.

Hey guys, sorry for the hiatus and lack of updates from the last couple of months. The team has been busy with other matters around these forums, and we have since been leading a discussion, devising a new approach in completing this project. We thought it would be the best move to make another recruitment post to see who’s here and interested in helping out on a project of this caliber. Considering the vast number of resources that might be needed, we’ll need all the help we can get!

So what’s the new approach? Well, we’re going to try to break this project down into weeks.
  • Week 1: Recruitment
  • Week 2: Search & organize content from stickied resources thread
  • Week 3: Continue organizing and start creating/updating needed content (tutorials, cards blanks, etc.)
  • Week 4: Continue creating/updating needed content (tutorials, cards blanks, etc.)
  • Week 5: Continue creating/updating needed content (tutorials, cards blanks, etc.)
  • Week 6: Reflection period (reflect on efforts from previous few weeks)
  • Week 7: Discussion regarding thread formatting
  • Week 8: Thread construction
Completion Goal: February 29th
Latest: March 7th

With that said, I would like to announce that bbninjas will be taking over this project as Project Manager. We’ll be recruiting additional heads, so if you’re interested, hit him up via PM! :)

Other jobs available (you may sign up for multiple):
  • TCG Experts - Knowledge in the TCG including attacks, proper spelling and grammar for the game, and mechanics in order to create simple guides to help fakers.
  • Resource Creators - Creators of resources that are allowing the rest of the PokéBeach community to use freely/with credit (tutorials, blanks, etc.).
  • Resource Gatherers - Collecting resources, such as guides, tutorials (including videos), game resource packs, card symbols, blanks, and packs for the thread.
  • Description Planners - Working on descriptions for the resources and sections of the thread.
  • Layout Planners - Organizing and developing the layout of the thread to house all the resources.
If you signed up before and are interested in continuing to help out, please post again with the job(s) you are interested in.

This thread will be used to dump necessary content and organize resources; however, if another thread is needed, it will be provided. It is recommended that all discussion be centralized here or within the Skype group (PM bbninjas to join).

Want to learn more about this project? Check out the OP: http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/threads/resources-revamp-project-sign-up-now.125031/

If you have any questions, post below or PM one of the CW staff members.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back