Registeel EX (Dragons Exalted # 81) {7/21/12}

Vulpix Yolk

\ \ durant gang \ \
296d850.png

Card of the Day: Registeel EX​
81-registeel-ex.jpg

When Mewtwo stole the format, I thought of a way to use Registeel as a Mewtwo counter. Attach two Special {M} and Eviolite and use Protect Charge. You'd resist Mewtwo by 80, meaning in order to OHKO Registeel, your opponent would need to stack 9 energies on Mewtwo... Not that they'd ever do that.

Unfortunately, Protect Charge is 10 shy of being able to 2HKO everything. Four retreat is pretty bad, and its Weakness still sees some play (at least in my area). It hits Kyurem and Kyurem EX for Weakness, but without a Plus Power, the OHKO on the latter is just out of reach.

Tripple Laser isn't too bad, but with Darkrai as BDIF, no one's running the 30 HP Tynamos or Reuniclus even, and Cleffa will have rotated out. So it's really just a watered down Glaciate.

While the damage output isn't great, a fully set up Registeel resists 60 damage. That means Darkrai deals 50, Zekrom 60, Garchomp (with 3 Altarias) 100, and Tornadus and Thundurus a laughable 20. The only problem is the "fully set up" part; Protect Charge requires 4 energies. I first wanted to use Registeel with Electrode Prime, but after rotations, all that will be left are Emboar and Blastoise, and I think both of those would be rather slow, not to mention the type difference.

It certainly has potential, but given the format, 6.5/10

Back