1. Do not post in a ruling thread unless you’re a certified P!P Professor and have a PokeBeach Rulings Staff badge. Even if you know the answer or are providing card scans for another member. If you post without the badge, your post will be removed and you may receive a warning. If you would like to be approved to answer ruling questions on PokeBeach, you must prove you're a Professor by applying for a Rulings Staff badge here.

Do not ask a question in a thread that somebody else made, even if it's a follow up question to an answer a Professor gave. For any and all questions, please make a new thread with your question.

When posting a “Ruling” thread, you must include scans of all cards you are asking about. You can search for cards in the navbar above.

Regigigas

Discussion in 'Ask a Professor: Card Rulings' started by Celebi23, Mar 9, 2012.

1. Celebi23 Aspiring Trainer
    Celebi23

Advanced Member Member

I'm in a big rush and can't post scans this time, sorry. But I kinda need an answer before states tomorrow. Fortunately, the cards are commonly used. If I attack with Regigigas-EX's first attack after having played a PlusPower, but also have an Eviolite attached, and choose to do the extra 20, will I have the option not to inflict self-damage, or will it have to be inflicted?

I think this is slightly different than Bolt Strike + PlusPower because if the self-damage is zero, you don't add to the self-damage with PlusPower. If I have an Eviolite attached, I would think I could choose to use that effect before PlusPower, setting the self-damage to 0, making PlusPower self damage not activate.

2. CarlosDuranJr Carlitosbob
    CarlosDuranJr

The damage is calculated before eviolite comes into play. So, choosing to do 80+ 10, you'll still do 10 to yourself.
    Like plus power double defender bolt strike does 10 to Zekrom

3. DNA Goodbye, everyone. I'll miss you all.
    DNA

Advanced Member Member

A rule of thumb:

First you apply everything that increases attack damage,
    then you apply everything that decreases it.

This isn't true in 100% of cases (Machamp X's No Guard was one of those cases), but it's generally true.

Also, all the adding/subtracting is considered to happen "all at once" as far as the game goes. You don't stop midway if you find out the damage calculation equals zero; you finish all the steps.

Viewing Now: 0 Members + 0 Guests

There are no registered members viewing this forum. Why not register here and start a discussion?