• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Alt. Format Rainbow Road (BKT-SHL)

Draskk

Blast From The Past
Pokemon (16):

4x Xerneas
2x Galvantula
2x Joltik
1x Volcanion-EX
1x Oranguru
2x Tapu-Lele-GX
2x Bisharp
2x Pawniard

Trainers (31):

4x Sycamore
4x N
2x Guzma
1x Brigette
1x Wicke
4x Ultra Ball
1x Random Reciever
1x Rescue Stretcher
2x Field Blower
3x Max Elixir
3x Choice Band
2x Float Stone
3x Exp. Share

Energy (13):

9x Basic Fairy Energy
4x Double Colorless Energy

I plan on testing Rainbow Road after rotation and this is the list I came up with. I think it should run fairly well and Rainbow Road looks to be in a good place next rotation, IMO. Let me know what you think :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
Hi GekkisaiDaiNi,

Nice deck. Consider these modifications:

- 1 Volcanion Ex (not needed that bad)
+ 1 Marshadow GX (fifth Xerneas and a different color on the bench)

You will note that you want to set up two attackers on the bench most of the time. Marshadow GX allows you to do so without compromising the damage output.

- 1 N (three are sufficient)
- 1 Wickie (not that great)
+ 2 Lillie (nice draw card after the rotation)

- 1 Random Reciever (not needed with Tapu Lele GX)
- 2 Float Stone (not needed that bad)
+ 1 Max Elixir (nice to set up fast)
+ 1 Fairy Energy (better odds)
+ 1 Escape Rope (nice swich)

You could consider to replace Choice Band with Fairy Garden but that is personal preference.

Hope this provides some initial assistance.

Draskk

Blast From The Past
Hi GekkisaiDaiNi,

You will note that you want to set up two attackers on the bench most of the time. Marshadow GX allows you to do so without compromising the damage output.

You could consider to replace Choice Band with Fairy Garden but that is personal preference.

I agree with most of this, I will be swapping Volcanion for Marshadow and Wicke for Lillie. Not sure about not running Float Stone, but I will take out one for a tenth Fairy Energy. I will also take out the Reciever for a fourth Max Elixir. Also not sure about running less than 4 N w/o VS Seeker. I want to keep Choice Band as it gives you the capability to oneshot anything in the format and gives a quick +30 damage in a pinch. Thanks for the reply :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Crizor

Aspiring Trainer
I will be swapping Volcanion for Marshadow

That seems really questionable, 160 vs 190 on turn 2 is a huge difference and is a bit weird after seeing you compliment Choice Band. Volcanion seems a lot more consistent to me when we are going to have a lot less draw power. I guess Tapu Brigette can set you up pretty well, by letting you have 4 types off the bat, potential draw power with Oranguru, an easy backup Xerneas, and ease of access to other dual types. If you choose on keeping Volcanion out, I would consider taking out an Exp Share or two since you are relying on Choice Band more. If you put him back in, you could probably take out a Band or two.

I still feel weird on how to craft decks without VS Seeker, the structure of deck building just feels like it changes completely.

gumball51321

*thumbs up*
That seems really questionable, 160 vs 190 on turn 2 is a huge difference and is a bit weird after seeing you compliment Choice Band. Volcanion seems a lot more consistent to me when we are going to have a lot less draw power. I guess Tapu Brigette can set you up pretty well, by letting you have 4 types off the bat, potential draw power with Oranguru, an easy backup Xerneas, and ease of access to other dual types. If you choose on keeping Volcanion out, I would consider taking out an Exp Share or two since you are relying on Choice Band more. If you put him back in, you could probably take out a Band or two.

I still feel weird on how to craft decks without VS Seeker, the structure of deck building just feels like it changes completely.
I agree with this statement 100%, without any complaint
Hi GekkisaiDaiNi,

This is ridiculous... If anything, why would you drop Volcanion over Bisharp? It takes 4 spaces as opposed to one, it has trash HP, and it takes 2 turns to set up.
Lillie and Wicke are BOTH bad, and with Oranguru and his current supporter lineup, Lillie and Wicke don't serve any purpose if I could just, Sycamore or N. I also disagree with your statement about Choice Band and Float Stone. I you have Float Stone, you don't need Fairy Garden, therefore you can play a different stadium, or waste a much needed energy attachment to a useless Pokemon. Also, without Skyfield in format, you NEEEEED Choice Band to OHKO certain Pokemon. I do however, agree with finding space for the extra Fairy Energy, the Marshadow, and the Max Elixir
Pokemon (16):

4x Xerneas
2x Galvantula
2x Joltik
1x Volcanion-EX
1x Oranguru
2x Tapu-Lele-GX
2x Bisharp
2x Pawniard

Trainers (31):

4x Sycamore
4x N
2x Guzma
1x Brigette
1x Wicke
4x Ultra Ball
1x Random Reciever
1x Rescue Stretcher
2x Field Blower
3x Max Elixir
3x Choice Band
2x Float Stone
3x Exp. Share

Energy (13):

9x Basic Fairy Energy

I plan on testing Rainbow Road after rotation and this is the list I came up with. I think it should run fairly well and Rainbow Road looks to be in a good place next rotation, IMO. Let me know what you think :)
Hey @GekkisaiDaiNi , I'm working on the same deck for post rotation, and I think I may have gone somewhere with it.
I play 10 Fairy Energy, 4 Max Elixir, and I dropped EXP. Share altogether. I also play 3 Guzma since, without VS Seeker, can be hard to draw into when you Sycamore a lot. I also play Super Rod, since, again, with no VS Seeker, you Sycamore a lot, so it gets you your Fairy Energy back, as well as Pokemon. I also play 2 Brigette over 1, because the deck really needs to T1 Brigette, and if you whiff Lele or you prize your 1 copy, you kind of just, suck it... I play the exact same Pokemon line as you, but I would like to find space for a Marshadow, since, like @Dark Espeon said, it allows you to set up another attacker without getting rid of damage in the process. If you want to see my list, just ask!

AuraJackle

Aspiring Trainer
Definitely need volcanion otherwise damage potential is awful. I recommend 3 choice bands and I'm actually testing Octillery and Brooklit hill which I think has allot of potential

gumball51321

*thumbs up*
Definitely need volcanion otherwise damage potential is awful. I recommend 3 choice bands and I'm actually testing Octillery and Brooklit hill which I think has allot of potential
Don't forget that with Volcanion, you already have Water Type covered. And with two different 2-2 lines, adding Octillery would slow the deck down, if anything. And the deck has access to Brigette, so Brooklet Hill could also be rendered useless. And since the deck already plays Brigette, Oranguru would be optimal, since without Shaymin, the Colorless type otherwise wouldn't be in the deck.

AuraJackle

Aspiring Trainer
Don't forget that with Volcanion, you already have Water Type covered. And with two different 2-2 lines, adding Octillery would slow the deck down, if anything. And the deck has access to Brigette, so Brooklet Hill could also be rendered useless. And since the deck already plays Brigette, Oranguru would be optimal, since without Shaymin, the Colorless type otherwise wouldn't be in the deck.
O wow i can't believe I just now realized that usually I'm not so ignorant to that stuff. Brooklit hill could still help however getting a volcanion or sudowoodo without the ball search

gumball51321

*thumbs up*
O wow i can't believe I just now realized that usually I'm not so ignorant to that stuff. Brooklit hill could still help however getting a volcanion or sudowoodo without the ball search
That's very true. Point noted.
EDIT: It also allows you to not have to waste a Brigette space on those.

Draskk

Blast From The Past
Ill test with and without Volc, but I think Volc will be better.
I agree with this statement 100%, without any complaint

This is ridiculous... If anything, why would you drop Volcanion over Bisharp? It takes 4 spaces as opposed to one, it has trash HP, and it takes 2 turns to set up.
Lillie and Wicke are BOTH bad, and with Oranguru and his current supporter lineup, Lillie and Wicke don't serve any purpose if I could just, Sycamore or N. I also disagree with your statement about Choice Band and Float Stone. I you have Float Stone, you don't need Fairy Garden, therefore you can play a different stadium, or waste a much needed energy attachment to a useless Pokemon. Also, without Skyfield in format, you NEEEEED Choice Band to OHKO certain Pokemon. I do however, agree with finding space for the extra Fairy Energy, the Marshadow, and the Max Elixir

Hey @GekkisaiDaiNi , I'm working on the same deck for post rotation, and I think I may have gone somewhere with it.
I play 10 Fairy Energy, 4 Max Elixir, and I dropped EXP. Share altogether. I also play 3 Guzma since, without VS Seeker, can be hard to draw into when you Sycamore a lot. I also play Super Rod, since, again, with no VS Seeker, you Sycamore a lot, so it gets you your Fairy Energy back, as well as Pokemon. I also play 2 Brigette over 1, because the deck really needs to T1 Brigette, and if you whiff Lele or you prize your 1 copy, you kind of just, suck it... I play the exact same Pokemon line as you, but I would like to find space for a Marshadow, since, like @Dark Espeon said, it allows you to set up another attacker without getting rid of damage in the process. If you want to see my list, just ask!
Id love to see your list! I'll try two Brigette, I do that in my Metagross deck and I think ive missed T1 Brigette maybe once. Definitely helps alot. No EXP Share though? I guess it could work, but then you have to send something else out (with a Float) and then Max Elixir+DCE to an Xerneas which seems a little clunky. Ill try it though. Ill test Super Rod over Rescue Stretcher.
P.S: Lillie and Wicke suck, but I figured some kind of extra draw was nessescary and they seemed better than *shiver* Shauna.

Ill try taking out a Band for a Volc, definitely :)
Interesting idea, but I don't see space.

Anyways, here's what the list is looking like:

Pokemon (17):

4x Xerneas
2x Galvantula
2x Joltik
1x Volcanion EX
1x Marshadow GX
2x Bisharp
2x Pawniard
2x Tapu-Lele-GX

Trainers (30):

4x Sycamore
4x N
2x Brigette
3x Guzma
4x Ultra Ball
1x Rescue Stretcher
2x Field Blower
4x Max Elixir
2x Choice Band
2x Float Stone
2x Exp Share

Energy (13):

9x Fairy Energy

Thanks for all the advice :)

Crizor

Aspiring Trainer
Brooklet Hill can also be a second copy of Volcanion without running the increased risk of starting Volc and if you do run Marshadow GX, him too.

Draskk

Blast From The Past
Brooklet Hill can also be a second copy of Volcanion without running the increased risk of starting Volc and if you do run Marshadow GX, him too.
Maybe a 1-of Brooklet to grab Volcanion and Marshadow? Could possibly take out a Field Blower or the second Brigette

Draskk

Blast From The Past
I think the best solution would be to take out both Field Blowers for two Brooklets; theoretically, you could Lele for Brigette, grab Xerneas, Joltik, and Pawniard, put down a Brooklet, search for Volcanion, attach to Xerneas. Next turn, youd evolve Joltik and Pawniard, attach to Xerneas and hit for a 250 damage Rainbow Force turn two without even including Choice Band.

PlatinumDude

Aspiring Trainer
I think the best solution would be to take out both Field Blowers for two Brooklets; theoretically, you could Lele for Brigette, grab Xerneas, Joltik, and Pawniard, put down a Brooklet, search for Volcanion, attach to Xerneas. Next turn, youd evolve Joltik and Pawniard, attach to Xerneas and hit for a 250 damage Rainbow Force turn two without even including Choice Band.
Field Blower is way too good to remove. Brooklet Hill is better suited for dedicated Fighting and Water decks, which Rainbow Road isn't. Your only targets are Marshadow and Volcanion; once you search out both, Brooklet Hill becomes a dead card.

Crizor

Aspiring Trainer
Field Blower is way too good to remove. Brooklet Hill is better suited for dedicated Fighting and Water decks, which Rainbow Road isn't. Your only targets are Marshadow and Volcanion; once you search out both, Brooklet Hill becomes a dead card.

I think an itemless search for an important Pokemon is decent and should probably be at least tested, 2 might be too much but I don't really see how field blower is really good for Xerneas. Everyone is using Choice Band and I don't really see Dumbells being heavily used over them.

Draskk

Blast From The Past
Like @Crizor said, Field Blower isnt particularly amazing for Xerneas. You have high damage output, so FFB and Muscle Dumbells can be worked around, Choice Band doesn't affect you at all, and you're not reliant on abilities so Garb isn't an issue. I will test with Brooklet and with Field Blower, however. Brooklet might not end up being great. It is true that it becomes a dead card after you search for Volc and Marshadow, but if you run two, you'd have one in play and one left in the deck, and that's only one dead card.

gumball51321

*thumbs up*
Here's my list:

Pokemon:15
  • 4 Xerneas BKT
  • 2 Joltik
  • 2 Galvantula
  • 2 Pawniard
  • 2 Bisharp
  • 2 Tapu Lele GX
  • 1 Oranguru

Trainers:31
  • 4 Sycamore
  • 3 N
  • 3 Guzma
  • 2 Brigette
  • 2 Parallel City
  • 3 Choice Band
  • 3 Float Stone
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 4 Max Elixir
  • 2 Rescue Stretcher
  • 1 Super Rod

Energy:14
  • 10 Fairy
  • 4 DCE

I do think there are changes to be made, but my list is pure consistency, or at least, that's what I was going for. Hope this helps!

Cobrafilms

Aspiring Trainer
It appears that a sufficient amount of feedback has already been received, but I do have to mention that this deck won't be as strong without Sky Field.
At a most optimal situation, you can hit for 250. "That's enough to kill practically everything!" Right, it is. But it also won't happen often at all. For this to happen, here is the scenario:

*Xerneas in the active, 3 energies attached and a Choice Band.
*Galvantula on the bench
* Bisharp on the bench
*Oranguru on the bench
*Tapu Lele-GX / Xerneas on the bench

How often will this actually happen? There are many forms of disruption in this format, like field blower, parallel city, and if they play Sudowoodo you've effectively lost.
I just don't see this deck being consistent enough, but I've been wrong many times.

Have a great day! :D

Draskk

Blast From The Past
It appears that a sufficient amount of feedback has already been received, but I do have to mention that this deck won't be as strong without Sky Field.
At a most optimal situation, you can hit for 250. "That's enough to kill practically everything!" Right, it is. But it also won't happen often at all. For this to happen, here is the scenario:

*Xerneas in the active, 3 energies attached and a Choice Band.
*Galvantula on the bench
* Bisharp on the bench
*Oranguru on the bench
*Tapu Lele-GX / Xerneas on the bench

How often will this actually happen? There are many forms of disruption in this format, like field blower, parallel city, and if they play Sudowoodo you've effectively lost.
I just don't see this deck being consistent enough, but I've been wrong many times.

Have a great day! :D
I agree that Rainbow Road isnt the most consistent deck, but with Volcanion EX, it's much easier to hit the 250 number without Sky Field. Say you use Tapu Lele for Brigette. With Brigette, you grab an Xerneas, a Joltik, and a Pawniard. You bench Volcanion, and attach to your active Xerneas (1 is active and 1 is benched). Next turn, attach to Xerneas again, evolve to Bisharp and Galvantula, and that's 250 damage without Choice Band on the second turn of the game. This won't happen all the time either, but it is realistic that at some point of the game that will be your board state.