Raikou Ex- eelektrik or Rayquaza Ex- eelektrik?

Giantoshawott

Shining arceus in bw 6. A dream come true.
Its all in the title. Which one is bettter?
Rayquaza Ex:
+ : More damage, {DRG} Weakness.
- : Can't hit the bench, needs {R} energy

Raikou Ex:
+ : Sniping capabilities, good attack
- : {F} Weakness, less damage output.

Translations:
Raikou EX – Lightning – HP170
Basic Pokemon

{L}{C} Thunder Fang: 30 damage. Flip a coin, if heads the opponent’s Active Pokemon is now Paralyzed.
{L}{L}{C} Voltage Arrow: Discard all Lightning Energy attached to this Pokemon, then do 100 damage to 1 of your opponent’s Pokemon. (Don’t apply Weakness and Resistance when damaging the Bench.)

Pokemon-EX Rule: When Pokemon-EX is Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.

Weakness: Fighting (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 1

25/69

Rayquaza-EX – Dragon – HP170
Basic Pokemon

{C} Heaven’s Call: Discard the top 3 cards from your deck, and if there are any Energy cards, attach them to this Pokemon.
{R}{L} Dragon Burst: 60x damage. Discard either all Fire Energy or Lightning Energy cards attached to this Pokemon. This attack does 60 damage times the number of Energy discarded in this way.

When Pokemon-EX has been Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.

Weakness: Dragon (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 1

Someone Please answer I want to get a proxied deck going.

With Catcher in the format and most important Pokemon having over 100 HP, I'd say that Rayquayza is better. It can OHKO anything, and it doesn't lost zone the energy like Magnezone, making it a much much better attacker.

^^ Keep in mind... They are completely different sets. We won't be getting him until next season while we'll be getting Raiku here soon.

Rayquaza because you can stream 240 damage every turn with relative ease to KO anything they send at you. maybe with a raikou in thee too for garbodor.

Make no mistake, Rayquaza EX will be fetching for $100 a piece when it hits U.S. Shores later this year or next year If we're lucky. Raikou EX is alright but not nearly as good as Darkrai EX and possibly Tornadus EX.

One of the things that Darkrai EX has going for it is it's Psychic Resistance which a player running Mewtwo EX could just slap in Ruins of Alph to get rid of it unless Darkrai runs Eviolite to still get around X Ball doing enough damage to KO it.

I don't think rayquaza will be $100 a piece, because the reason Mewtwo was so High is because you could put it in any deck. You can't do that with rayquaza. Maybe around $60-70 a peice, but not $100

Card Slinger J said:
Make no mistake, Rayquaza EX will be fetching for $100 a piece when it hits U.S. Shores later this year or next year If we're lucky. Raikou EX is alright but not nearly as good as Darkrai EX and possibly Tornadus EX.

One of the things that Darkrai EX has going for it is it's Psychic Resistance which a player running Mewtwo EX could just slap in Ruins of Alph to get rid of it unless Darkrai runs Eviolite to still get around X Ball doing enough damage to KO it.

I hope you are right. I will buy a case or two and make back ~half of the cost on said case(s) if they hit $100 a piece.
I doubt we will see that high of a price level though. I'm thinking $50-75 range.

Ok so the match between the two is going to be very interesting. I feal like Requaza being able to one shot any pokemon gives him the edge but Riakou has some serious advantages, the fact that he kills other decks support pokemon slowing them down ALOT I think really pulls him even in a good players hands (Riakou mirror matches will suck).
Also they may just combine into one deck we will see.
The real problem is we dont know if Rayquaza will come into a different rotation meta.

Now Im not saying Darkrai isnt good but I dont understand how it will be better than Raikou/eels, Please enlighten me.

You are right. Raikou Mirror will suck. Being able to take out the supporting Pokemon so quickly and without noitce, (2 Dynamotor and an attachment) is really something Rayquaza has going for him. Rayquaza is better, no lie, well, that is, until raikou takes out the eelz. Rayquaza can't do anything then.

There's no reason to not run both. With the one retreat cost becoming zero with Skyarrow Bridge, Raikou and Rayquaza can effectively alternate which is attacking. Raikou can take cheap prizes while Rayquaza can take down the more heavy hitters. The only major problem I see is the mirror or vs Zekeels with Raikou, but that's more dependent on who sets-up first. Raikou + Rayquaza also doesn't suffer to mono-Fighting-type decks as bad as most Electric-type decks.

^ You are right. I will put 2 in my deck.

Just adding this in...
Is tyram Better...
or Reshiboar EX...

imo emboar is better with rayquaza becuz it can power it up faster and isnt that hard to get going

Well you have A few things to look at with the Emboar / Eelektrik decision.
First Emboar, he is a stage two and in the current environment stage twos are seriously struggling, second he has no built in recursion. He does have a higher HP and can attach more energy and attach those to the active. but for deck purposes you are looking at more cards for evolving (tepig/Pignite/Emboar/Rare Candy) and more cards for Recursion (energy retrieval/Fisherman) while still needing switch to prevent the catcher stall.
Second Eelektrik, stage one means you only need 6 to 8 cards for consistent play, you dont need recursion as its built in to his ability, but you do need alot of ways to switch or move energy.
in the end Eelekrtik gives you more room in the deck for meta or consistency cards, and he has synergy with both Reikou and Rayquaza (not to mention Zekrom).

We won't get Ray EX this season...therefore you have got to go with Raikou lol. Next format, I'd probably go Rayquaza because of the fact you can deal tons more damage while continuously recycling Energy. Raikou EX's attack is a free Eel KO. I am definitely teching this bad boy into my ZekEel deck.

Back