Discussion Raging Gyarados

DatSonicAce

Latios Superfan
So I’ve been looking at AOR Gyarados with the ability Magikarp and it looks good. I just can’t decide what other partners work with it and whether or not I should play the Gyarados that does 50 for each Karp in discard. What do you guys think?

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
Play it with Team Magma’s Secret Base. Do NOT play BUS Gyarados.
That deck in expanded is actually quite good, hitting 210 for a DCE, more with Choice Band and Bodybuilding Dumbbells, thanks to its Ancient Trait, θ Double.
It’s actually a very good and certainly viable expanded deck. It’s reincarnation in BUS isn’t so hot.
Hope this helps.

DatSonicAce

Latios Superfan
Play it with Team Magma’s Secret Base. Do NOT play BUS Gyarados.
That deck in expanded is actually quite good, hitting 210 for a DCE, more with Choice Band and Bodybuilding Dumbbells, thanks to its Ancient Trait, θ Double.
It’s actually a very good and certainly viable expanded deck. It’s reincarnation in BUS isn’t so hot.
Hope this helps.
Thanks Goomy. I've been playing around with it and have gotten some really good games. I find that splash energy saves a lot of resources and is very helpful with Teammates. I'm just not sure what else I should play with it. I currently play 2 Shaymins for consistency, (still don't have a Lele and only have those 2 Shaymins) a 2-2 line of Alolan Ninetales GX, (bench snipes for evolution decks and GX attack) and 2 Regice. Maybe Koko promo? I can post list in deck garage if you want to see more of what I'm working with.

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
Thanks Goomy. I've been playing around with it and have gotten some really good games. I find that splash energy saves a lot of resources and is very helpful with Teammates. I'm just not sure what else I should play with it. I currently play 2 Shaymins for consistency, (still don't have a Lele and only have those 2 Shaymins) a 2-2 line of Alolan Ninetales GX, (bench snipes for evolution decks and GX attack) and 2 Regice. Maybe Koko promo? I can post list in deck garage if you want to see more of what I'm working with.
That'd be great.
Let's see, Gyarados, Magikarp, Team Magma Base, that's pretty much all you need too hit big numbers fast.
Make sure you're playing Dive Ball, the Magikarp from Crimson Invasion, and lots of Tools. Rescue Stretcher will also be key. If you can't get Computer Search for your Ace Spec, go Life Dew.
That's all I got until further clarification.

DatSonicAce

Latios Superfan
That'd be great.
Let's see, Gyarados, Magikarp, Team Magma Base, that's pretty much all you need too hit big numbers fast.
Make sure you're playing Dive Ball, the Magikarp from Crimson Invasion, and lots of Tools. Rescue Stretcher will also be key. If you can't get Computer Search for your Ace Spec, go Life Dew.
That's all I got until further clarification.
Sounds good. Posting decklist in deck garage.