• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Pure Solgaleo deck (Solgaleo GX, Solgaleo Prism and GRI Solgaleo in one deck)

Podolski1998

Aspiring Trainer
I really liked the Solgaleo gx/Rayquaza deck but I've always felt that it's a bit too clunky with the double colorless energies. So when Prism Solgaleo was announced I started to thinking about a new list for this archetype. I tested it in the last few weeks and I think it's worth posting it here now.

Pokémon (14):
4x Cosmog
2x Cosmoem
3x Solgaleo GX
2x Solgaleo GRI
1x Solgaleo Prism
2x Tapu Lele GX

Supporters (15):
3x Sycamore
3x N
2x Hala
1x Skyla
3x Guzma
1x Gladion
2x Brigitte

Items (19):
4x Ultra Ball
4x Rare Candy
2x Heavy Ball
2x Max Potion
2x Field Blower
2x Choice Band
2x Order Pad
1x Super Rod

Stadiums (2):
2x Parallel City

Energies (10):
10x Metal Energy

The basic strategy with the deck is to use solgaleo's GX attack to accelerate energies and set up two or three attackers. Then, you can use Solgaleo's or Solgaleo GX's attacks in order to take big OHKOs. You have to discard energies to use Solgaleo GX's Sunsteel Strike attack and that's when the Prism Solgaleo and the Max Potions are coming into the picture. I wanted to make the deck to be as consistent as possible, so I included one Gladion in case I prize the Prism Solgaleo. The two order pads are also here for consistency reasons.
The GRI Solgaleo is a great non-gx attacker as it can OHKO Tapu Lele and other big HP basics and smaller stage 1s with a choice. During my testing session the thing worked more or less consistently (it bricked 2-3 times out of 10-12 matches). I would be really grateful if you could give me some feedback or opinion. Thx in advance! :)

Back