• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Expanded Pumpkin Revenge (Vespiquen AOR/Gourgeist CIN)

joffreyspikes

Aspiring Trainer
****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 28

* 3 Shaymin-EX ROS 106
* 4 Klefki STS 80
* 4 Combee AOR 9
* 4 Vespiquen AOR 10
* 4 Pumpkaboo CIN 44
* 4 Gourgeist CIN 45
* 4 Unown AOR 30
* 1 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 60

##Trainer Cards - 28

* 4 Battle Compressor Team Flare Gear PHF 92
* 3 Professor Sycamore STS 114
* 3 VS Seeker PHF 109
* 1 N FCO 105
* 1 Colress PLS 118
* 1 Ghetsis PLF 101
* 1 Guzma BUS 115
* 2 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130
* 3 Float Stone BKT 137
* 4 Choice Band GRI 121
* 4 Ultra Ball SUM 135

##Energy - 4

* 4 Double Colorless Energy FCO 114

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

This deck may look horrendous at first sight but I think the strategy is sound: there will obviously be plenty of individual card tweaks. The stage 1 of choice that is partnering up with our almighty queen today is Gourgeist from Crimson Invasion, with whom we plan to start the game with by using Pumpkin Bomb to discard tons of tools. As our Gourgeist will probably be knocked out every turn, I have incorporated the Counter cards into here: the use of Counter Energy should hopefully mean we don’t need Special Charge. Then, when we have a suitable amount of pumpkins in the graveyard, clean up with Vespiquen’s Bee Revenge. I would like criticism and advice from @GekkisaiDaiNi and @FlavorfulPineApl particularly just because Vespiquen seems to be your thing, but I hope everyone who has an alteration to make to the deck comments on it.

Last edited:
I like the idea, however I feel that if you have Vespiquen, then maybe 2-3 more mons might be nice. Maybe a 3rd Stretcher just to recover the Klefkis might be nice. I'll try this specific list out, since I have all the cards, and tell you how it does and then tweak.

I like the idea, however I feel that if you have Vespiquen, then maybe 2-3 more mons might be nice. Maybe a 3rd Stretcher just to recover the Klefkis might be nice. I'll try this specific list out, since I have all the cards, and tell you how it does and then tweak.
Thanks so much! Space was tight and there are a million cards I wanted to sample too.

Idk about the idea, but maybe it's good, idk. Haven't tested. It just seems clunky to me and I think that you'd be better off using just Vespi or just Gourgeist.

Now the list I definitely have a few qualms with. You're trading Prizes 1 for 2 typically so the Counter cards aren't going to do you any favours. Where are the Unowns? This card is crucial in any Vespiquen deck. Ghetsis is not needed. I don't think you need more than 1 Rescue Stretcher since you have 8 attackers (4 Pumpkins and 4 Bees). Also, why no ACE SPEC? Here's what I'd change:

-1 Ghetsis
-3 Counter Energy
-1 Counter Catcher
-1 Rescue Stretcher
-1 VS Seeker (Needed space and Vespi runs fine with 3)
-1 Float Stone (Once again, needed space)

+4 Unown
+1 Sycamore
+1 Dowsing Machine
+2 Special Charge

The Rescue Stretchers are mostly for the Klefkis I think. At least thats what I'd use them for. Other than that, your suggestions are fine.

(completely forgot about Unown lol)

The Rescue Stretchers are mostly for the Klefkis I think. At least thats what I'd use them for. Other than that, your suggestions are fine.

Oh true. But still, one is fine IMO. From my understanding of the deck you only attack with Gourgeist once or twice.

Idk about the idea, but maybe it's good, idk. Haven't tested. It just seems clunky to me and I think that you'd be better off using just Vespi or just Gourgeist.

Now the list I definitely have a few qualms with. You're trading Prizes 1 for 2 typically so the Counter cards aren't going to do you any favours. Where are the Unowns? This card is crucial in any Vespiquen deck. Ghetsis is not needed. I don't think you need more than 1 Rescue Stretcher since you have 8 attackers (4 Pumpkins and 4 Bees). Also, why no ACE SPEC? Here's what I'd change:

-1 Ghetsis
-3 Counter Energy
-1 Counter Catcher
-1 Rescue Stretcher
-1 VS Seeker (Needed space and Vespi runs fine with 3)
-1 Float Stone (Once again, needed space)

+4 Unown
+1 Sycamore
+1 Dowsing Machine
+2 Special Charge
Unowns were originally there but not enough space and this deck is not just a Vespiquen deck. Rescue Stretchers are for Klefkis. Float Stone is for discarding with Pumpkin Bomb. I feel uneasy about not having any Counter Energy, but it does go up in prizes quite quickly so you’re probably right about that. Ghetsis I put on everything in Expanded just for extra draw and first turn disruption shenanigans, but Dowsing Machine/Computer Search is a good idea. Cheers!

Oh, another quick sidenote, make sure to play Night March Pumpkaboo, you can theoretically attack with it if you have to, as opposed to the CRI one where you definitely can't.

I seriously don’t think Unown is necessary. Its a 4 of nothing card and there is no way I’m making space for 4 cards. Nice draw power and its easy for them to hit the discard but I am already running quite a few Pokémon.

Oh, another quick sidenote, make sure to play Night March Pumpkaboo, you can theoretically attack with it if you have to, as opposed to the CRI one where you definitely can't.
Can’t play with Night March Pumpkaboo either unless I theoretically stack 2 DCEs onto it, if I don’t play Counter Energy. And if I’m in a position where that is my best option I might as well scoop lmao.

I seriously don’t think Unown is necessary. Its a 4 of nothing card and there is no way I’m making space for 4 cards. Nice draw power and its easy for them to hit the discard but I am already running quite a few Pokémon.
Anything with Vespiquen simply doesn't work without at least 27 Pokemon, even though 24 might seem like alot. Trust me, I've tried with less and it doesn't work. Especially if the 4 Pokemon you cut to get there are Unowns.

Also, Unown is literally an automatic four-of for Vespiquen. It's just to good in the deck to not use. Not playing Unown in Vespiquen is like not playing Lampent in Night March.

Anything with Vespiquen simply doesn't work without at least 27 Pokemon, even though 24 might seem like alot. Trust me, I've tried with less and it doesn't work. Especially if the 4 Pokemon you cut to get there are Unowns.

Also, Unown is literally an automatic four-of for Vespiquen. It's just to good in the deck to not use. Not playing Unown in Vespiquen is like not playing Lampent in Night March.
Got it: I had never played Vespiquen without Unown before anyway but it didn’t seem quite so necessary under the circumstances.

Back