PTCGO PTCGO Updates on MacOS Not Working

Bvron

Aspiring Trainer
Hi everyone, first of all I wanted to say that I really like this site, is my goto place for any inquiries regarding PTCG and today I finally decided to join PokéBeach.

My first question is kind of a tricky one. So I've been playing tcgo on this apple laptop for some time now, and every single time there is a new update, I have the problem that the updater gets stuck at 50%, so back then (the first update on the lap) I google for an answer and the best results I got was for the complete deletion of the program (and everything related to it) and reinstallation. As this will render the update needless.

Today I tried playing, and there is a new update. So I go my usual way and for my misfortune this time it didn't work. When I downloaded from the official site, the installation was over but then a wild update screen appeared again. I didn't have that much time to play anyways, so I did not try a second time. And I've decided to wait for a few days, until a complete update is on the official page, but in the meantime I thought I tried asking u guys.

Tl;dr my question is, has anyone experienced the same problem, and does anyone have a different more permanent solution?
I tried excluding the program, from certain firewalls, and whatnot, but it has not worked out for me. So any new help would be appreciated.

Anyways, thanks beforehand. Sorry for the long text.

Hi Bvron,
I can help with this issue. This is very popular problem with PTCGO on OSX.
You have 3 options:

1) Delete PTCGO installation by dragging whole folder to bin and empty it. Download new up to date installer and install again.

2) If solution from point 1 doesn't work. Right click on PTCGO icon inside The Pokemon Online Trading Card Game, choose: Show package contents, go to Contents-MacOS and inside this folder double click exec file: Pokemon Trading Card Game Online Game automatically start and run updater, this always work and go to 100%. But sometimes can make small mess with previous installation and can break translations. In that case please check point 3.

3) If your game is fine but you have weird translations you need to completely delete game and all files from your system. So move to trash bin Pokemon Trading Card Game Online folder. Than open Finder and search your Mac for all files with name: Pokemon Trading Card Game Online, best way for that is:
In finder from menu bar click "Go to folder" and open:

~/Library
~/Library/Preferences/
~/Library/Application Support/
~/Library/Caches/
Library/Preferences/
/Library/Application Support/
/Library/Caches/

Find everything with name: Pokemon Trading Card Game Online, Pokemon.
Will be one file start with unity.Pokemon Trading Card Game Online
Delete all of them and empty yout trash bin.

After that you can be sure all files related with a game are deleted, translations, cache etc.
Now you can install game again from new installer and play :)

Let me know fi need any more help.

Back