• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Alt. Format Post Rotation Ho-Oh GX/ Turtonator GX Semi Budget Deck

MiniMads

The misunderstood Hero of Disasters
My first decklist so I apologise for any obvious exclusions but here it is:

Pokemon - 11

3 Ho-Oh GX (BUS)
2 Turtonator GX (GRI)
1 Salandit (GRI)
1 Salazzle GX (BUS)
2 Tapu Lele GX (GRI)
1 Oranguru (SUM)
1 Deoxys (Attack Forme) (CLS)

Trainers - 33

4 Ultra Ball (SUM)
3 Kiawe (BUS)
4 Cynthia (UPR)
3 Choice Band (GRI)
4 Guzma (BUS)
3 Energy Recycler (GRI)
1 Field Blower (GRI)
1 Rescue Stretcher (GRI)
2 Judge (FLI)
1 Switch (SLG)
2 Copycat (CLS)
2 Enhanced Hammer (GRI)
2 Nest Ball (SUM)
1 Tate and Liza (CLS)

Energy - 16
13 Basic Fire Energy
3 Double Colorless Energy

Despite the fact that the current meta isn't really focused around fire, that doesn't mean that fire can't be played. Ho-Oh GX's Phoenix Burn hits the numbers very easily with Choice Band KO'ing Buzzwole, Zoroark, U Necrozma, Necrozma and more. In addition, Turtonator will most likely be your Pokemon to use a GX attack, and Bright Flame is a good back-up. Salazzle is there for a late game Diabolical Claws for your final KO. Tapu Lele and Oranguru for support and Deoxys as a EVO Mewtwo replacement. All the normal trainers with some expected post rotation regulars such as Copycat and Tate and Liza. Energy seems to be good around 12-14 Basic Fire and 2 or 3 DCE. One deck that this could do exceptionally well against is the Post Rotation Naganadel GX/Stakataka GX Deck where you can take giant OHKO's but they can't take them back. Overall, I see this being an OK deck, and not one with too big of a price tag attached (with the exception of Lele but the A Art/Promo is on it's way!)

Rusery

Ethical Vegan Pokemaster
I currently play something similar to this list currently. (barring all CLS etc)

Main issues i always have is that i am not able to push back if i lose momentum. There are two ways to lose momentum, where one is you are forced to KO non GXs with your main attack or losing a Ho-Oh and having to repower. The former relies on either playing Kiwae and passing your turn, or normal attachment. Either way its giving the opponent too much time to react. The latter is similar but you're also losing prizes. I tried Marowak's fire attach which made the deck slow and clunky. It seems acceleration is really king in electric and psychic still.

Main success i pull is usually an early snowball. Guzma has to be a 4 count, and would even consider adding another switch to the list. The opponent is going to do anything they can to move Ho-Oh off the active. My list involves a bit of stall by adding Hoopa (ShiningL) which in some cases completely and utterly blocks some decks. With a choice band on top, youre hitting for 110 while being immune to GX. Salazzle up to 2/2 gives another attacker and proves way more useful against Gardevior GX which absolutely destroys this deck and its nice to have a couple floating around.

Lots more potential post rotation which is good, but im also leaning towards the new Charizard post rotation over this, despite this one being really fun when it works.

My List:
Pokemon - 13

3 Ho-Oh GX (BUS)
2 Turtonator GX (GRI)
2 Salandit (GRI)
2 Salazzle GX (BUS)
2 Tapu Lele GX (GRI)
2 Hoopa (SL)

Trainers - 31

3 Ultra Ball (SUM)
3 Kiawe (BUS)
3 Cynthia (UPR)