• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Alt. Format Post Rotation Dragonite-GX (Help Needed)

suraci

The Angel That Flew Too Close To the Sun
Pokemon 19
Dragonite GX x4
Dratini x4
Swablu x4
Altaria x4
Tapu Lele Gx x2
Alolan Vulpix x1

Trainers 30
Cynthia x3
Lance Prism Star x1
Devoured field x3
Ultra ball x4
Mysterious Treasure x4
Rare Candy x3
Choice Band x3
Kukui x3 (Thinking of Draw support But the +20 damage does add up well if you cant get 190dmg via 4 altaria on the bench)
Volkner x2
Max Potion x4

Energy x14
Lightning Energy x11

Deck Is based on Dragonite Gx's single energy attack. (70 + 30[choice band] + 60[3 altaria] +10[Devoured Field]) for 170 dmg. kukui allows it to Ohko buzzwole and ultra necrozma(which is the real problem since it can ohko dragonite). Due to Dragonite's tankyness, can use max potions to heal and then reattach an energy to Dragonite. Im conflicted on using a DCE. but i definitely need some advice

K-Genesis

Aspiring Trainer
I'm not sure you need 4 Ultra Ball AND 4 Mysterious Treasure.
You don't run Dragonair, yet you only have 3 Rare Candy. That's not gonna end well.

For some stability, I'd change the following:

-1 Alolan Vulpix
-3 Ultra Ball
-1 Professor Kukui
-2 Lightning Energy

+1 Latios Prism Star
+1 Oranguru
+1 Cynthia
+2 Judge
+1 Rare Candy
+1 Super Boost Energy

Latios Prism Star and Oranguru are 1-prize attackers against Hoopa/Ninetales. Oranguru also presents much-needed draw support.
Cynthia and Judge compliment draw power, you're seriously lacking in that department.
4th Candy is obvious.
SBE, if you manage to setup 3 Dragonite, gets you a quick KO for a single attachment. If you don't manage 3 Nite, it still counts as (L) energy. Win-win.

Now, some things you should consider:

You don't run Guzma. Must fix.
Draw power is still on the low side. Must fix.
You should run at least a single copy of Dragonair for stability. Not a must.

You can still cut out Ultra Ball entirely for more room. Settling for 2 Devoured Field also gives you leeway. Give it some thought.

suraci

Pokemon 20
Dragonite GX x4
Dragonair x1
Dratini x4
Swablu x4
Altaria x4
Tapu Lele Gx x1
Oranguru x1
Latios Prism Star x1

Trainers 30
Cynthia x4
Lance Prism Star x1
Devoured field x2
Mysterious Treasure x4
Rare Candy x4
Choice Band x3
Kukui x2 (Thinking of Draw support But the +20 damage does add up well if you cant get 190dmg via 4 altaria on the bench)
Volkner x2
Max Potion x4
Judge x2
Guzma x2

Energy 10
Lightning Energy x9
Super Boost Energy x1

I didnt even know Super boost energy even existed. But its really good for the deck

K-Genesis

Aspiring Trainer
Don't use this energy, you are rarely going to get 3 stage 2s out.

There's literally zero reasons not to use it. Attaching it to Nite still counts as (L), even if he doesn't have 3 stage2 Pokémon, maintaining his 2HKO strategy.
If he does get 3 Nite on the field (doable, because he's stalling with Max Potion), double profit.

suraci

Some edits. Boost energy is good, but its hard to use because of consistency reasons and the not guarantee to get lance.
- 1 swablu
-1 Altaria
-1 Boost Energy
- 2 Kukui

+2 Hau
+1 Lele GX
+2 Switch

AuraJackle

Aspiring Trainer
Put some tate and lizza is there shuffle and draw 5 is better than judge other effect is quite useful as well

Greenie_1997

Aspiring Trainer
I really like where the list is at but I think cutting ultra ball entirely is a mistake there is a reason it hasn't happened with other decks. so take advantage of the extra consistency I think you can get away with 7 basic energy but its you preference. keep in mind you will need two attachments for latios in this deck which might be a little awkward. Also finding room for Stevens decision will make for some very explosive turn 2s. also keep the kukuis