• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Post-Rotation Damage Spread (BKP-SHL)

jessalakasam

Floette is love Floette is life
Pokémon - 22

4 Decidueye-GX SUM
3 Dartrix SUM
4 Rowlet SUM
2 Alolan Ninetales-GX GRI
2 Alolan Vulpix GRI
1 Tapu Koko SMP
2 Espeon EX BKP
2 Tapu Lele-GX SM2
2 Marshadow SHL

Trainer Cards - 30

4 Professor Sycamore
3 N
2 Guzma
4 Ultra Ball
2 Choice Band
1Field Blower
1 Revitalizer
2 Rescue Stretcher
4 Rare Candy
1 Skyla
1 Wicke
2 Olivia
1 Energy Loto
1 Brigette
1 Float stone
Energy - 8

4 Psychic Energy
4 Double Colorless Energy

Last edited:

Draskk

Blast From The Past
The list looks pretty solid TBH, but I do have a few things to say about it. I think 4 Rare Candy 1 Skyla is a little overkill. I would consider dropping a Rare Candy for a fourth N since VS Seeker will be gone. I also think two Shining Celebis is a little much as im assuming you would only be using it for Beacon if you were stuck. Lose one for an Espeon-EX. Energy Loto is not nessescary IMO, I would consider losing it for a Timer Ball. Timer Ball does have a coin flip which is very annoying but I've found running it as a one-of in Stage 2 decks works well. I would also consider losing one Olivia for one more Vulpix as Ninetales is your preferred attacker and Vulpix is your preferred start. Hope this is helpful :)

jessalakasam

The list looks pretty solid TBH, but I do have a few things to say about it. I think 4 Rare Candy 1 Skyla is a little overkill. I would consider dropping a Rare Candy for a fourth N since VS Seeker will be gone. I also think two Shining Celebis is a little much as im assuming you would only be using it for Beacon if you were stuck. Lose one for an Espeon-EX. Energy Loto is not nessescary IMO, I would consider losing it for a Timer Ball. Timer Ball does have a coin flip which is very annoying but I've found running it as a one-of in Stage 2 decks works well. I would also consider losing one Olivia for one more Vulpix as Ninetales is your preferred attacker and Vulpix is your preferred start. Hope this is helpful :)
It's Shining Jirachi not Shining Celebi and I use it to fully devolve my opponent to get KOs also, I like Olivia cause it helps us get Decidueye and Ninetales and Lele if we need it. Lastly, I use energy lot just because of the small amount of energy in the deck

Kietharr

Aspiring Trainer
I think that Espeon-EX is a better card than Jirachi overall for that purpose, full devolution will take maybe 30-40 extra HP off of the opponent's active while Espeon stripping down 2-3 GX pokemon on their bench (especially devastating against rare candy decks) will wipe hundreds more HP off of the field potentially, and you don't run energy to actually attack the active any more effectively than you attack the bench.

Tapu Lele promo is another option to consider in any damage spread deck, especially alongside Espeon-EX for the two turn field wipe potential.

Also why Marshadow? I guess it's a way to use the attacks off of a discarded Ninetales for an extra 50 damage or Jirachi for a devolution, but I don't feel the card is great in standard due to being garb weak and being a low HP GX card in a game where most decks seem to run 3 choice bands.

jessalakasam

Also why Marshadow? I guess it's a way to use the attacks off of a discarded Ninetales for an extra 50 damage or Jirachi for a devolution, but I don't feel the card is great in standard due to being garb weak and being a low HP GX card in a game where most decks seem to run 3 choice bands.
This isn't Marshadow GX I specifically wrote SHL SMH. Also, what should I take out for Lele?

Kietharr

Aspiring Trainer
Oh, forgot about that card. I still question whether running two is worth it, I mean you're probably never going to play two of them in one game cause of the bench clog issue it starts causing (you have a lot of different pokemon on top of a big benchsitter you want multiples of), and it doesn't feel important enough for your overall strategy that you need to be worried about prizing it. Maybe take one of those out for a Lele Promo.

Doubler300

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
I would be worrying about dead drawing. Maybe instead of 2 Marshadow or minus 1 Espeon EX/minus 1 Marshadow, 1-1 Octillery. Or Oranguru.

jessalakasam

Oh, forgot about that card. I still question whether running two is worth it, I mean you're probably never going to play two of them in one game cause of the bench clog issue it starts causing (you have a lot of different pokemon on top of a big benchsitter you want multiples of), and it doesn't feel important enough for your overall strategy that you need to be worried about prizing it. Maybe take one of those out for a Lele Promo.
I use two so I can use them and have decent draw even if 1 is prized