• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Porygon-z promo (Cities, masters)

festizzio

Desu
Pokemon (22):

4-3-3-1 Porygon-Z (HGSS22-TU-DP35-MD)
2-1 Uxie LA
1x Azelf LA
1x Mespirit LA (for VileGar -- Psychic Bind, then Learning my Dialga G)
1-1 Dialga G Lv. X
2-1/1 Dodrio (SV-SV/UD)

Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums (30):

2x Rare Candy
4x Technical Machine TS-1
4x Technical Machine TS-2
2x Warp Point
2x Pokemon Communication
1x Luxury Ball
1x VS Seeker
1x Junk Arm

3x Pokemon Collector
2x Judge
2x Bebe's Search
3x Seeker
1x Palmer's Contribution

2x Broken Time-Space

Energy (8):

4x Double Colorless Energy
4x Call Energy

Porygon-z kills Pokemon, Judge disrupts and refreshes, DGX for annoying bodies (like Mew Prime, Scizor Prime, Cherrim SF/AR), Warp Point for cheap KOs and a double retreat, Dodrio UD for free retreat, SV for Decode assistance, everything else is for consistency.

you need 4-4-3-1 porygon-z. it's all about consistency, to make sure you evolve and get your stadium on t2 if not by t1.
you should cut the candies to 2 and add a bts to make sure you're set up by t2.
i would recommend a starter, preferably smeargle.
you might want to add some rescue energy in case your x gets ko'd.
with your current list you can only grab one card a turn with decode. to get both, just run a 2-2 dodrio (1 sv, 1 ud) for free retreat and two cards of your choice each turn.
hope i helped

Any idea what to take out? Suggesting cards to add is easy; ones to take out not so much. I just don't think I have room for that many Porygons, and I tried out Smeargle and it was too inconsistent. Not worth the deck space.

i, for one, don't run call, so if it keeps the consistency then go ahead, but collector works fine for me
you could run 4-3-3-1 porygon, which is fine
i'd take out the judge and poke blowers, they don't seem to help in this kind of deck
add a pont or 2 for refresh
actually, in your case, i'd run a 3/3 call/collector split so you don't get dead draws late game but are still consistent

The reason Call is in here is because Machamp is kinda popular in my area (as are SP's, probably the cause of the Machamp outbreak), and it's an extra energy for Drifblim UD. I tried it without Call, but I just get donked way too much.

Judge disrupts their hand and refreshes my own, how is that not better than PONT? Also gets rid of their Power Spray, keeps SP's hand size in check, and since I rely on a lot of powers (Decode, Trade-off, and possibly Mode Crash) only getting 4 cards isn't a big deal.

Poke Blower has won me a lot of games, but the consistency it sacrifices has also lost me just as many, if not more. I will try removing the 4 for another Porygon, Porygon2, BTS, and a Regice LA (love this card). Thanks for the advice. :)

no problem. i actually am starting to use looker's in my decks to see if their hand needs shuffling or not. but otherwise, we're both playing this for cities, so tell me how you do with it!

I actually played in a Cities on Friday and got my butt whooped thanks to some not-so-helpful last minute changes the night before and the lack of playtesting. I am going to try out the 2-2 Dodrio (1 UD and 1 SV), even though DGX will cancel out the UD's body. If I'm in a match-up that requires DGX, then I just won't get out the UD Dodrio. :) Free retreat on my Porygons does help a lot though.

^ that's exactly what i do in those matchups, and i always find that free retreat helps a lot. and have you considered seeker? it's great to just free retreat out and seeker to heal.... i run either 2 or 3 depending on my mood

Yeah I tried it, not sure what I would take out for it though. I tried running it before I ran Dodrio UD and getting my Porygon to the bench to heal was too much of a hassle. I'll update the list with what it is currently, let me know what you think I should remove. I decided not to run the 3rd BTS since Porygon2's Poke-power lets me search my deck for it. It's very unlikely that both will be prized.

take out one or two judge for looker's or pont, probably looker's.
i still think you should do 2 candy, 3 bts, considering your porygon lines are strengthened and you now have other pokemon to bts.
a good donphan/machamp counter is glalie ar.... if those two cards are big in your meta, i'd recommend a 1-1 of it
i'm not sure what else to take out, but i do still recommend seeker.
otherwise, great list

I'll take out a Warp and Unown Q for 2 seeker; call and judge saved my ass today against gyarados (saved me from donk, then got rid of their blissey prime).

You could just take out take out the dodrio and try the porygon 2 out of the TM blister and use unown q

That's fine, except it only works before I evolve my Porygon2 and I like the TU one better; it gets me a stadium and allows me to evolve instantly in a lot of cases.

Back