Ruling Portuguese Cynthia NAIC

mordacazir

Lord of Souls
Hi, I'm wondering if I can play a portuguese Cynthia that I won in LAIC in NAIC? I'm European so I know I can play it here but Im not sure about NAIC.

The Evil Sneasel

Aspiring Trainer
If you can play it in EUIC's and other european events then you can definitely play it at the NAIC. I say this because the card does the same thing all over the world and its the NAIC. So there would be people from all around the world forced to use cards in their native language that aren't classified as illegal or something along those lines. I wouldn't understand why pokemon would give out cynthia's that are not playable.

TES

Latte1504

Aspiring Trainer
If you can play it in EUIC's and other european events then you can definitely play it at the NAIC. I say this because the card does the same thing all over the world and its the NAIC. So there would be people from all around the world forced to use cards in their native language that aren't classified as illegal or something along those lines. I wouldn't understand why pokemon would give out cynthia's that are not playable.

TES
This is wrong. The local languages in South America and Europe both include Portuguese; however, the local language in the USA is English only.

treyh37

Watcher of Thorns
from the tcg rules and formats doc section 2.8

For the Pokémon TCG World Championships, International Championships, and for side events at either of these, regardless of which country they are hosted in, players are always permitted to use English cards as well as cards in any language that is legal in the player’s home country.

so if your home region is South America or Europe you can use a Portuguese card at any international championship or worlds.