• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Poormans LuxChomp (masters, Regionals possibly)

cole'a

Hurl into darkness
Well, this is a deck that started off as a playtest from another thread. Someone wanting to make an electric idea and had an idea of using Luxray from Arceus with x1 Luxray from LA (level X counter) I played with that a little and loved it, trying something new with it not being able to buy/trade cards needed for a real luxchomp

Pokemon

4-3-3-1 Luxray (All Arceus, 1x LA Luxray)
1-1 Manectric (AR, PT)
2-2 Garchomp C Lvl X (SV)
1 Porygon-Z G (AR)
1 Uxie (LA)

Total : 19 Pokemon

T/S/S

3x Pokemon Collector
3x Junk Arm
1x Pokemon Communication
1x Luxury Ball
1x Poke Turn
2x Bebe's Search
4x Expert Belt
1x VS Seeker
2x Sunny Shore City Gym
1x Department Store Girl
1x Interviewers Questions
1x Seeker
2x Rare Candy
1x Palmers Contribution
2x Energy Gain
2x PONT
1x Twins

Total : 29 T/S/S

Energy

4x DCE
8x Elec

Total : 12 Energy

Basic Strat - Get out Luxray AR with Gadget Bolt. Do 120 Dmg with Gadget bolt discarding the expert belt. Porygon-Z is to get belts back from discard and into deck, department store girl to grab either belts or energy gain from deck. Garchomp C was there just to make picks off bench. Luxray LA is built up for Level X's his body gives his attack +50 if your opponent has a level X in play (170 dmg total with E-Belt) Manectric is for bench protection

I guess I just wanna see what I can do for speed and consistency. Hardest match up I have had so far was a straight Donphan deck, seein the T/S/S on paper I can see it needs a shake up :S and maybe more electric energy ? definitly need more Bebe's :S

*edit* Also thought about putting in pokemon reversal as a poormans brightlook lol :D

I think you should focus on luxray AR/LA only and get rid of garchomp, I personally think the dce should be used on luxray ar to speed things up, heres the list i use...

23 Pokemon
4 - 3 - 4 Luxray Ar/La
1 - 1 - 1 Magnezone Prime
3 Spiritomb
1 Porygon-Z G
1 Froslass GL
1 Unown Q
2 Uxie
1 Azelf

26 TSS
3 Collector
3 Bebe
2 PONT
2 Cyrus (or IQ)
2 Dept. Girl
2 Rare Candy
1 Lucky Egg
4 Expert Belt
3 Junk Arm
2 SunyShore
1 BTS
1 Palmer's

11 Energy
3 DCE
8 Lightning

I put in magnezone for the fun of it since its lightning as well but it can help sped things up when you actually set it up, Froslass for trainer locking decks (because u cant use ebelt under trainerlock) so you can drag up a vileplume and destroy it.

against donphan, well.... i never really faced it but i can see the problem, you can use a 1-1 Glallie AR tech.

Yeah, I think I will take garchomp out later tonight! It's been a fun edition. But I finally got all i need for an SP engine! So will take garchomp out and the e-gains e.t.c! have been thinking of adding in lanturn prime to counter the decks weakness (fighting) will try using spritomb again, but might see if I can get a working build without! Will def try magnezone and see how it goes

Back