Tournament Poll for September Tournament Format

JGB146

♫♪.ılıl|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|lılı.♫♪
Historically, we have almost exclusively stuck to Standard format. We will continue to follow this pattern overall. However, I talked with the rest of the staff about the concept of doing a World's Format tournament immediately following World's.

This launched a debate about whether or not we should ever do expanded format. Everyone agreed that the players know best, so rather than do want we think, in September I want to do what you want.

So, please answer which is your preferred format by liking the corresponding post below.

Last edited:
Shouldn't you make three posts saying "Standard" "Worlds" and "Expanded" and whichever receives the most likes should win? I feel like this could be a very cloggy thread.

I vote 1 btw

Standard Format (SM - on)

Last edited:
World's Format (BKT - on; i.e. everything in started now, plus the new set, with nothing rotated out)

Last edited:
Sorry, what it mean world's format?
World's Format will be BKT - Celestial Storm. Basically everything in standard now, plus the new set that comes out in August.

Standard will be SM - on

I think it would be difficult to play a tournament in an entirely new format without testing. Worlds Format is fine but this is a good oportunity to make an Expanded tour.

I think it would be difficult to play a tournament in an entirely new format without testing. Worlds Format is fine but this is a good oportunity to make an Expanded tour.
World's Format is what will be standard on the PTCGO Ladder for almost all of August. The September standard format will not be in place as a specific format until September rotation on September 1.

I would go with Worlds format this September and, for future tournaments, an Expanded tournament for every third month (preferably the same month when each new main set releases).

Expanded for sure! I really like @Sabaku's idea!

Custom bans sound like they could be too arbitrary and imbalanced, but that's just my two cents

What could be really interesting (or at least fun!) is doing previous format tournaments, like 2015 World's, or BW-XY

Great question. I love to see you all thinking about what the community wants. I hope to stick with standard, but if enough people want an expanded option, that's great to do it.

Standard. Expanded is messed up.
Alternatively if we wanted a joke we could play The Water Gym (only Water types...).

I like to play the current standard format because there is a big standard tournament somewhere almost every month and most of the cups that I know of are standard. Worlds would be fun but it wouldn't be a format we could ever competitively play again.

Back