Pokemon Z: Force Ascent [fake set] Will be back in a week! (read my last post)

RE: Pokemon Z: Force Ascent [fake set] DAILY UPDATE: OMG #94/99 - ARCANINE "FORCE"!!!

Awesome! I've been toying around with making a special mechanic for custom blanks that in a way that the texture would fit the Pokémon... And you beat me to it :p
Also, nice to see Pokémon Zeo artwork, sadly the quality of the image is not the best.
Last but not least, I'd advice you to get rid of the parts of the backgrounds that are in the corners, under the border. Just being nitpicky, tough.

RE: Pokemon Z: Force Ascent [fake set] DAILY UPDATE: OMG #94/99 - ARCANINE "FORCE"!!!

Both of them are really nice looking!

Out of curiosity, is the difference between Pokemon EX and Pokemon Force that Pokemon Force are played as a power-up? (And are Pokemon Force your own invention?)

@delta nite
I actually used a film grain filter for the arcanine, and took out the grains on the body, but not on the white/yellow fur. I remember Tornadus FA having something like that lol. I will try to sharpen it a little, u are right. And for the background, what u suggest is to remove the parts between the spikes? I think when I did those cards last year, I didn't want to take them out because I wanted to keep a little bit of the type s color. In fact, I will see lol thx!

@thegardener
Yup, it s my own invention. Since I love Pokemon exs, but still thought that the Lv.X engine was more balanced, I made Pokemon FORCE, which was a combination of the 2 lol. The attacks and effects were OP compared to either EX or LV.X. I made these last year, when there werent any BW cards, or FA, but I actually thought of something that covers the whole card. And, as u can see, it uses HGSS blanks lol. So maybe it s a fusion if Pokemon ex, LV.X, Prime and FullArt lol

wang zitong said:
@Zyflair
did u see my new version of Serviper Force? it s much more clear than the previous one.
And lol, i am noob, i started using photoshop last year, when i started this set. At that time, c5 was out already. Can u send me a link of your fake cards? too curious lol
Here you go, though it's been so long ago. XD

As Delta Nite said, it's a shame that the art quality is a bit lackluster, and the rendering with it on the background feels a bit rough. Still a great fake though.

Ok, i sharpened the Arcanine, but left the golden fur in grains though, cuz it looks better:

gkBUR.png

I accidently removed the old blured arcanine, and can t find it on my pc lol, so i changed all the arcanine in the thread into this one.
@Zyflair
I wanted to do eevee evolutions as well! that s so cool! i think the front s not legit though, but the artwork... omg, nice!
[edit] i went back and saw delcatty, the artwork is awesome, did u draw that and color it with photoshop?that s master level man

[edit] didn t want to make another post, so here s the daily update: 22/99 Mismagius!

OAS8G.png

There wasn t anything i could do to make it cooler lol. Hope u like it!

[edit] changed his attack to move basic energies only.

RE: Pokemon Z: Force Ascent [fake set] DAILY UPDATE: #22/99 - Mismagius!

Really do like the Arcanine card, but the the main problem I felt with it was the background and the image. Both the Arcanine and the background look a bit blurry to me.

As for the Mismagius card, I noticed two problems. The first problem being that the space between the "HP" and the "90." You might want to close that gap a bit to make it appear similar to the other cards. Now for the second problem I ended up noticing while reading the text was the spelling of "Pokémon." I think you might know what to edit in that. :p

Besides all that, nice job with the fake cards!

RE: Pokemon Z: Force Ascent [fake set] DAILY UPDATE: #22/99 - Mismagius!

@Ice Arceus
No lies, but i felt like crying when i read your reply... the pokéÉéééééééééÉÉÉÉéééÉÉÉÉémon... Anyway, i made the changes.

as for Arcanine Force, it looked blurry for me as well. No matter how much i sharpen it, i still can t get it as perfect as the original pic (the reason why i don t want to insert the original is because i really like how i made Arcanine s golden fur with the grains). Therefore, i did a second version of Arcanine Force. I will post both in this post. I will see what you guys think about it, and then decide which one s the final. Personally, i prefer the second (duh, otherwise, i would have done all that for nothing) but u never know. Anyway, here it is:

gkBUR.png
N6raj.png

Left: Arcanine Force version 1 Right: Arcanine Force version 2

RE: Pokemon Z: Force Ascent [fake set] DAILY UPDATE: Arcanine Force VERSION 2!!!

Much better.

One thing I would suggest to make your cards appear cleaner is to cut out the excess art that peeks out from the card corners (compare the bottom part of Arcanine Force v2 to Mismagius).

Other than that, they look very clean and appealing. Great work.

RE: Pokemon Z: Force Ascent [fake set] DAILY UPDATE: Arcanine Force VERSION 2!!!

wang zitong said:
@Zyflair
I wanted to do eevee evolutions as well! that s so cool! i think the front s not legit though, but the artwork... omg, nice!
[edit] i went back and saw delcatty, the artwork is awesome, did u draw that and color it with photoshop?that s master level man
Haha, no, I can't really draw, so all of the art I used is from someone else.

And I couldn't quite understand your third sentence. Are you saying the font was off?

The new Arcanine is so much better! I like the new background a lot more, and the edges look clean and smooth. Great job!

Impressive job on the second version. One thing I noticed on this card was the blue outline surrounding Arcanine. Some of the blue areas are jagged and there is also visible traces of red near its leg. You might want to either work on smoothing that out and/or work on the color a bit.

The set symbols an the Arcanines are all pixelated, or jagged or something. You might wanna fix that. :)

Hey, thx for the support! I am "burning" with desire to try out all your guys' suggestions for Arcanine Force! Meanwhile, just to not make the wait too long, i will show u my new version of 27/99 Toxicroak!

399uc.png

As you probably noticed, i try to use different tools for every card, trying to improve my PS skills. This time, i spammed a little bit of smudge, but the result seems satisfactory.

@Zyflair
oh lol, i should read more attentively everyone s post, u clearly stated to not hate on u because your font s off, AND that if someone would infer that u made the artwork, u d slap him **slap myself** :D
Anyway, i thought u drew them because u didn t have the credit bar at the end of the card, and had your signature printed on the artwork lol.

I have a question btw, if i modified a lot the art of somebody else, like porygon Z for exemple, do i still have to credit the artist? if it s a yes (probably lol), can i put my name as well (i probably won t though)?

RE: Pokemon Z: Force Ascent [fake set] DAILY UPDATE: #29/99 TOXICROAK!

Here is 2 Final version of the version 2 of Arcanine: last choice to make:

N6raj.png
0I5qc.png

left is version 2, and right is version 2 version 2

Corrected the blue glow (thx Ice Arceus), smudged the "Z" (thx 9tailz), blended a little Arcanine s foot that stick out (thx PMJ). I honestly prefer the version 1, because it s the speciality of special cards to have a part stick out like that, buuuuuuuut we will see :D

PS: don t forget Toxicroak! i think i really did a great job on that one, i d really appreciate any suggestions or comment (unlike haunter or mismagius, i really redited the whole card, made the BG and worked out on the card!)

The set symbols are looking a lot better. :)

Sorry guys, but the daily update will stop for a week, because I will be gone to a math camp in another state, actually province, since I live in Canada, for 6 days. Unfortunately, the wifi there has a user/password lock, so I cannot bring my netbook and work out on my ps skills and cards, well, at least, I cannot post them. I will bring some .psd files with me, on a USB, and if I have free time, I will rush into the lab, and try to finish something. (is this what people would call hiatus? Lol, it sounds so professional). Anyway, once I will be back, I promise to get an update of 3 cards, including a FORCE! Kbye

Back