Pokemon TCG Earned Record $857 Million in Japan for 2023, More Than Yu-Gi-Oh, Magic, and Others Combined!

Not surprised MTG is down. Wizards over there milking their dead cow like its the dust bowl and they're the last Okie to leave the great plains.
To be fair MTG is down because Kamigawa Neon Dynasty was such a home run set across all regions back in 2022 it became a statistical outlier in and of itself. No other set since then has come up even close, but generally speaking Magic is still THE card game behemoth.

I do agree they're starting to lose enfranchised players though, due to their product focus shift to Commander instead of 60-card constructed, but this is an entirely different topic.

I can see why mtg is kinda down, its not an easy game to get into, its complicated with so many different rules with new releases and different kinds play features. Also it tends to be for people who were there. It also doesnt appeal to younger people than the ones that grew up in the 90s that much. I used to play alot in hs, but nobody plays it after a certain age

It sure helps your sales figures when you're actually printing beyond demand instead of forcing people to enter lotteries to buy your products.

It sure helps your sales figures when you're actually printing beyond demand instead of forcing people to enter lotteries to buy your products.
I'm not Japanese, so take my opinion with a grain of salt, but...

LOTTERIES WERE NEVER A GOOD IDEA

Impressive cuz the scarlet and violet era sets are boring asf.

I miss duel masters, it was pretty fun to play

Back