Collecting Pokemon TCG Coin/Ditto Collection.

Electricbluewolf

Ditto Hoarder
About 2 years ago I realised I had an awful lot of the TCG flip coins/plastic coins, whatever you'd like to call them-so I decided to start fully collecting them.
I'm hoping a) one day I can collect them all and b) can create a full checklist for other coin collectors.

I've recently posted this on lj and usually update my progress through facebook groups. They're spoilers as they're large photos.

IMG_2316.jpg

IMG_2317.jpg

IMG_2318.jpg

IMG_2319.jpg

IMG_2320.jpg

only 5 that are missing are the Groudon/Kygore Lawson Promo Coins, and the 2015 Dash Campaign coins as they're kept sealed in their cardboard.

And my Ditto collection. First started when I was 10, and received a banpresto friend Ditto for my birthday, and then a dittochu, it's slowly grown.

IMG_2312.jpg

IMG_2313.jpg

IMG_2314.jpg

Hopefully next update I'll have more goodies, any questions let me know :)

Very awesome collections! It's really nice to see how varied the Pokémon coins have become over the years. :D My personal favourite coins from my own collection are the green Vileplume from the Erika deck and the fat Pikachu in profile (I have the gold version, but I don't remember where's it's from), but looking at all of yours, I love the Mew and Flygon ones, too... so many awesome coins. ~_~;

Ditto is also a very neat Pokémon to collect. :3 I'm super jealous of your Ditto-face Pikachu plush. :p

Very awesome collections! It's really nice to see how varied the Pokémon coins have become over the years. :D My personal favourite coins from my own collection are the green Vileplume from the Erika deck and the fat Pikachu in profile (I have the gold version, but I don't remember where's it's from), but looking at all of yours, I love the Mew and Flygon ones, too... so many awesome coins. ~_~;

Ditto is also a very neat Pokémon to collect. :3 I'm super jealous of your Ditto-face Pikachu plush. :p

Thank you! Yeah it's nice to see the different styles, the bigger ones are more favourable now it seems.
The Vileplume coin is so sparkly, I can see why it's a favourite!
The Pikachu was from an old deck (when they used to be displayed in halves). I think from the later Team Rocket sets.

And thank you again, ditto could be on any plush and it'd still look great, ha

Such a nice coin collection! Mine's quite small, because I only get them mostly because of the theme decks. And I missed out on some..

Ahaha! Thanks for sharing, your coin collection is amazing and brings back memories of POG's and Tazo's which I was fascinated with as a kid.

Your Ditto collection is brilliant also, it made me chuckle. I like the little Espresso cup!

Hi, I would like to advise you to consider reorganizing them in a different way or you can damage the coins. Its up to you.

thumbnail.jpg thumbnail1.jpg thumbnail2.jpg

Is there a specific cause for this? Like weight or temperature? Alt storing methods? And thanks for the warning, I'll be advised to never buy those binders.

I not sure what cause it, I'm thinking it is age (how long they been in there). I've had mines peel in those plastic coin books binders (in previous post) and in those cardboard coin protectors too (2x2 coin protectors). I decided to store mines in plastic coin cases after my red doduo coin peel onto one of those coin cardboard protectors.

I buy these plastic coin cases called "AirTite coin Holders" from this website, www.jpscorner.com. I buy the ones with black foam rings to prevent them from moving loose in the case and it also keep the coin surface from touching the coin cover. There are videos on youtube about these coin case. If you do buy them, they are "AirTite 30mm & Black Ring" (Picture Below), this size fits the small size coins. And for the large coins, you have to contact customer service and ask for the custom size "Model H 34mm Black Ring". If there are none in inventory, it cost 10$ addition to set up the die cutter to cut the ring. There is a "model I with a 34mm" ring but the coin case is bigger too, making all you coins cases mix match in sizes, so I usually custom order the Model H 34mm. Cost isn't too expensive .63 cents for one ea, 13.95 for 25 ea and etc.... I usually buy the 250 ea. cause it's a better deal. Pictures below. You also see the different in Black ring size in picture below too.

thumbnail3.jpg thumbnail4.jpg thumbnail5.png

I collect theme decks and anything deemed to be a preconstructed deck, like the red genesect collection, trainer kits, battle arena decks, and legendary battle decks, and thus, have the coins that come with them.

I have all theme decks, and their associated coins, from 2009 onwards, except Rebellion, Cutting Edge, Mind Flood, and Blue Assault.

The theme decks before 2009 that I have, and their associated coins, are Electric Garden, Green Cyclone, Power Wave, Shadow Blaze, Mind Game, Dark Blast, Inferno Zone, Royal Frost, Skull Charge, Forest Force, Raging Sea, and Dark Rampage.

I have the red genesect collection, all battle arena decks, and all legendary battle decks.

I have the Excadrill/Zoroark, Sylveon/Noivern, Bisharp/Wigglytuff, Latias/Latios (2015), and Pikachu Libre/Suicune trainer kits.

All coins from theme decks are stacked in a pile on a shelf, as well as some that aren't from theme decks. The rest of them are still in its original packaging, that is, for battle arena decks, I take the decks out, and leave everything else in the packaging.

Last edited:
Back