General Pokemon Shuffle

I've got a few tips.

Wow I appreciate the help. I got the manetric mega stone in the last competition, but didn't do well enough to get the lucario one. That tip about the attack power + is really helpful! I didn't know it boosted the score so well. I recently beat the Mioltic stage, and I think that was one of the hardest ones in a while.
Looks like my team are level 6 or 7. Except for Starmie only being level 1.
I'll have to try that meowth trick this weekend before Mega Garchomp goes away. Again, thanks for the advice. :]

Yesterday I decided to do an all item run on the Garchomp competition. After scoring around 43,000 it then goes to upload my score. It gave a failure message. I had a button that said Retry so I hit that. A second time it fails. At this point I'm really frustrated because I don't have time to farm coins. I move right next to my router and it finally works. It was around rank 499 yesterday when I got it to upload so I'm hoping I can stay high enough for the Mega Speedup.

Nice job! Your placing moves much slower when you're in the top 1,000, so you're practically guaranteed the speedup, especially since the contest is over. I'm doing my item run tomorrow. What team did you use? (and levels)

So my rank at 1949 (score 37466) in North America isn't that safe for the candy right...? My previous competitions are just for the mega stones and this is my first attempt to use all items for the speedup.

I think you'll actually be pretty safe. I think you'll be close-ish to the border, but you should get the candy. I'll post my score up tomorrow after I do Victini then item run.

TWO DAYS LEFT AND STILL NO fudging PHIONE

Nice job! Your placing moves much slower when you're in the top 1,000, so you're practically guaranteed the speedup, especially since the contest is over. I'm doing my item run tomorrow. What team did you use? (and levels)

Mega Blastoise - Max
Phione - 6
Sceptile - 7
Articuno - 7

*Attempts to lend PMJ Phione.*

I already have Lucario and Heracross max level which should help a lot. My Xerneas has a ways to go yet.

I fudging GOT IT

AT 4 AM AFTER I GOT OFF WORK ON MY FIFTH HEART OF THE SESSION I GOT THAT BASTARD PHIONE

It took me all ten moves to kill him. I was afraid that I was gonna lose out but with a 1% encounter rate I would rather blow all my cash on Great Balls than skip out. Fortunately his base catch rate of 40% was more than enough to seal the deal and I didn't need to use any coins.

Jesus christ this mega challenge is dumb. I am now grinding it up so I can throw items at Mega Garchomp and hopefully win. I don't even care about the Mega Speedup at this point, though it'd be nice to get.

The only good thing about grinding endlessly is hitting Staryu like 800 times and getting ~300 coins every time, and Starmie jacking my exp up. I managed to get Heracross from like level 5 or 6 to like 9.3 or something, should give you an idea of how long it took me to find Phione. So now I've got a little over 23k coins which should get me a couple rounds of all items.

I am leveling him up to 10 ASAP. It's actually pretty helpful that Phione's ability is actually good.

I'm just on the cusp of getting the megastone this time around. Liken 69 places away from not getting it. D=
Edit: There it went. Now I'm past number 19,000. I give.

I noticed a lot of the people with top scores used mega-Gengar instead of mega-Glalie. Is Gengar really that much better, even though he's not super effective?

Last edited:
It really depends on your playstyle. Lots of people like Mega Gengar because it makes combos much easier to maintain, plus it's the best mega for Arceus. I used Blastoise, and unfortunately my combo broke with about 20~30 seconds left. I ended with 45,624 and currently 646th place.

My final ranking was 1360 so I got the mega speedup. Haven't decided where I want to use it yet.

The Starly stage seems to already be a paywall as I couldn't even come close to defeating it using Mega Manectric, Ampharos, Raikou, and Tyranitar all at or above level 5.

Darkrai's stage the optimal team seems to be Mega Lucario, Genesect, Heracross, Dialga. Dialga is extremely helpful because even at the low levels it starts spawning a few unbreakable boxes every few turns. Xerneas is a good replacement for those missing Genesect.

I used a Moves +5 and beat Starly with 1 turn remaining using Mega Glalie L7, Ampharos L10, Raikou L9, and Zapdos L10.

Just unlocked Genesect and it's harder than a priest at a playground. My anti-Bug team sucks, any recommendations?

Sorry, I have yet to actually unlock Genesect. I'm pretty sure items will be required to beat and capture Genesect.

I finished out at #808 with Blastoise (7), Kyogre (8), Sceptile (8), and Phione (6). I've been using Scyther as my fourth for Darkrai, but I'll try Dialga once the levels get harder. Do you guys think the Cobalion trio is gonna be AP 80 or 70?

I've just got Delphox with MS & DD and now focusing on Genesect. With Blaziken (lv.5), Heatran (lv.7), Ninetales (lv.7) and Delphox (lv.2) I can deal more damage to him compairing to MAero with strongest SEs. Waiting for Victini to level them up further and try a full item run. Some suggestions?

How the hell do you get so many S ranks? I've been playing this game pretty regularly, almost since release (I missed out on the infinite coin glitch), and I just unlocked Genesect. Is it just massive coin grinding, or specific Pokemon who are generally good like Mega Gengar?

Back