General Pokemon Shuffle

Yeah, I have Mewtwo, but other than that I'm pretty behind on S ranks. Every time I'm about to start spending coins to S-rank, a new event comes out (I'm looking at you, Darkrai).

Nothing special I think. Most of the stages before Mega Mewtwo Y can be S-ranked with no more than +5 now and megas become just as easy with DD. I turned to gamefaq for stages like Raichu where some strategies are needed.
I tend to try different teams and strategies before deciding to use an item when beating and S-ranking stages. I guess this saved me some money. You know whether a +5 would be enough at the same time. I just skipped the stages where I think -1 is needed.

I got an S on Starly last night with optimized Ampharos team, no items and a pretty good luck (good combos, the disruption Starly appear 3 in a row, erasing themselves and triggered some combos). The magic is to swap the initial Starly to the rightmost column.

I have the first 150 stages S ranked. After that, it's a mess. Screw Onix.

Also I still haven't spent a dime on this game, which I think is cool.

Yeah shuffle is much better than the almost pay-to-continue rumble world...

PS. I haven't paid either, by money I meant coins.

Last edited:
I'm at a point where ive almost stopped caring for this game honestly, i don't hate it but i can't seem to get S ranks on stages ive beaten and i can't actually make progress because i can't beat Poochyana

What team are you using? What's the big problem that's making you lose? No one can help you unless you're a little more specific (sorry if that sounded a little harsh).

Following up my post there, PSA: If you're posting about a problem with a level, please post your team (with levels) and what in the level is giving you trouble (i.e. can't handle the disruptions, Pokemon has too much HP, etc.). It's almost impossible to give advice otherwise.

So far I'm at level 75 now for Darkrai. I haven't attempted the level, but all previous levels have been easy. I'm still using Mega Lucario, Heracross, Xerneas, Dialga.

I stopped at 50. Caved and used the free Mega Start to get the free candy.

Death to Spewpa

When I posted, I had barely managed to scrape by Scatterbug and didn't catch him because I didn't think it was gonna be mandatory to beat Spewpa.

After I caught Scatterbug (with a Great Ball), I came back and got revenge - Gengar, Scatterbug, and Heatran. Stage begins and one 82-chain later I win. I took no turns and the catch rate is only 20%, what the actual hell gamefreak

I failed the catch (of course), so now I'm trudging through Vivillon. I need better good-vs-bug pokes. Maybe I'll level up Moltres or Blaziken.

For some time I thought Mega Blaziken was pretty useless until today:
I picked M-Blaziken (Lv 4), Ninetales (Lv 6), Heatran (Lv 5) and Rotom (Fire) (Lv 2) to play in the Meowth coin stage and I beat my own coin record with almost 100%. It made the stage get covered with almost only M-B's for a couple of seconds and I got coins galore. Go M-Blaziken! :D

I finally beat Darkrai level 100. That level has metal blocks that fall. I strongly recommend Attack Up and Complexity-1 because the complexity removes the blocks from falling.

I've gotten better with this game since I've been trying some new strategies. But I was wondering if I could get some suggestions on how to catch Xerneas (or, if he's even worth catching)
I'm running Mega-mawhile (7) Bronzong (5) Nidoqueen (5) and Steelix (3)
I've also got Nidoking at level 5, but I left him out because I felt that Power of 5 was too hard to activate.
I'd appreciate any suggestions. ;^^

I finally beat Darkrai level 100. That level has metal blocks that fall. I strongly recommend Attack Up and Complexity-1 because the complexity removes the blocks from falling.
I gave up on level 75... Are level 76-99 easier than that?
I've gotten better with this game since I've been trying some new strategies. But I was wondering if I could get some suggestions on how to catch Xerneas (or, if he's even worth catching)
I'm running Mega-mawhile (7) Bronzong (5) Nidoqueen (5) and Steelix (3)
I've also got Nidoking at level 5, but I left him out because I felt that Power of 5 was too hard to activate.
I'd appreciate any suggestions. ;^^
Other Fairy-type Pokemon have base power of 60 at most while Xerneas has 80 so I think he is worth catching. His ability Quirky+ doesn't activate often though.
So you have neither Dialga nor Jirachi do you? I can hardly beat him without item before having these two. Can you bring his HP down to half without item?

76-99 are much easier. I had to use items to beat 75 because of all the Purloin. Beating level 75 gives you 5 hearts if you didn't know.

I gave up on level 75... Are level 76-99 easier than that?

Other Fairy-type Pokemon have base power of 60 at most while Xerneas has 80 so I think he is worth catching. His ability Quirky+ doesn't activate often though.
So you have neither Dialga nor Jirachi do you? I can hardly beat him without item before having these two. Can you bring his HP down to half without item?
Thanks for the advice. I've beaten him for sure, but the highest catch rate I've gotten was 5. The only event legends I have are most recent ones. :\

Thanks for the advice. I've beaten him for sure, but the highest catch rate I've gotten was 5. The only event legends I have are most recent ones. :\

You don't actually need Dialga or Jircahi (although I'm sure it's nice). I caught it a while back with Mega Mawile, both Nidos, and Bronzong. My only real advice is keep trying. I was determined to do it itemless, and I eventually did it, but probably after 10-20 tries. Having Xerneas is also a big help in getting Yveltal.

I'm a bit confused:
There's a Garchompite contest on Shuffle now, and on the leaderboard I see people who have used Ditto and Shaymin Sky Forme. The confusing thing is that I cannot remember that any of those two ever have been capturable in Shuffle ever since the game came out. Am I missing something here?

Back