General Pokemon Shuffle

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
How does this game not have a thread yet?

Anyway this game is neat, I'm tryna do as much as I can without actually paying for it, which sucks cause that means I can only play for like 15 minutes at a time

I can't beat Mega Mawile. I have four Pokemon but Eevee is littered everywhere and I only get two turns before Mega Mawile tears up my board bit by bit. The ice blocks are brutal. Any tips? I'm using Mega Sableye, Phanpy, Charmander, and Hawlucha.

I guess I could go try to catch Lucario, but I'm not sure how much it would help, not to mention it's gonna be ridiculously hard to catch him anyway. I caught him. Took 5000 coins and a lucky coin flip, but I got him.

King Arceus

Aspiring Trainer
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Disruption Delay helps significantly to defeat it. Since you say you have Lucario now, you should take advantage of its ability by using all fighting types for your Pokemon. Mega Kangaskhan could be helpful as long as you either use Mega Start or Disruption Delay since when you clear Mega Kangaskhan it removes all blocks that are horizontal to it.

Be aware that later in the game you'll face Mega Glalie which is even harder.

ilovecommas

Cute Trainer
I'm stuck on Mega Mawile too! So I've been going back and beating ones I didn't before. I really want Keldeo too, but it has been hard. Arn't the Disruption Delays really expensive?

Scattered mind

Competitive VG Forums Mod
Forum Mod
ilovecommas said:
I'm stuck on Mega Mawile too! So I've been going back and beating ones I didn't before. I really want Keldeo too, but it has been hard. Arn't the Disruption Delays really expensive?

It is but it's worth it. After Mega Mawile comes Mega Glalie and you really can't win it without the Disruption Delay. ( I'm still stuck in this level :[ )

I also wonder how the hell can I beat Keldeo.. by the way all those special Pokemon comes in the same level or is it depends on the level you are in the game? I caught Mew and it was only level 50.

King Arceus

Aspiring Trainer
Elite Member
Advanced Member
On the first 150 stages, if you have more than 50% of your moves remaining, I believe you get an S rank other than stage 149 which has a set solution and you get an S. On the weekends the Meowth special stage is a good way to get coins. If you can form a combo of 3 or higher, it triggers Meowth to use its disruption which changes some spaces to coins. Match 3 coins to earn 100 coins; 4 coins to earn 300 coins, 5 coins for 500 coins; 6 coins for 700 coins ( only possible when Meowth uses its disruption ).

scattered mind said:
ilovecommas said:

It is but it's worth it. After Mega Mawile comes Mega Glalie and you really can't win it without the Disruption Delay. ( I'm still stuck in this level :[ )

I also wonder how the hell can I beat Keldeo.. by the way all those special Pokemon comes in the same level or is it depends on the level you are in the game? I caught Mew and it was only level 50.

I used Mega Ampharos, Zapdos, Jolteon, and Lilligant to beat Keldeo. You do have to level them up a bit. Jolteon's ability fills the mega gauge some when you make matches of it.

If you got the Lucarionite from the competitive stage, using Mega Lucario and other fighting types can work well to beat Mawile.

ilovecommas

Cute Trainer
I've started getting pretty close on beating Mawlie, finally.

What is the strategy to catching Zapdos and the other expert stage Pokemon? The only expert stage like that I could beat was the first two - Rotom and Absol. I guess the good thing is the more you fail and replay levels the tougher your Pokemon get! Hopefully I can get mine leveled up enough to get that Keldeo before the event runs out.

King Arceus

Aspiring Trainer
Elite Member
Advanced Member
ilovecommas said:
I've started getting pretty close on beating Mawlie, finally.

What is the strategy to catching Zapdos and the other expert stage Pokemon? The only expert stage like that I could beat was the first two - Rotom and Absol. I guess the good thing is the more you fail and replay levels the tougher your Pokemon get! Hopefully I can get mine leveled up enough to get that Keldeo before the event runs out.

For Zapdos specifically I'd recommend Donphan, Marowak, Phanpy and a mega of your choice. One thing that some players have done ( although I don't do this myself ) is called Home Pause Buffering. Basically you hit the home button and the brief delay you can see the board allowing you to have more time to continue a combo. That's how certain players scored so high on the Mega Lucario competitive stage.

In general on expert stages, any of the stages that are 30 seconds or less time to complete, do not bother to bring a mega unless you are purchasing Mega Start. You won't have an adequate chance to use it and would be better off with an additional Pokemon that is super effective. You should also keep in mind that abilities only trigger on the Pokemon that you are dragging and that's if it is the first match in a combo. Mega Abilities trigger all the time regardless of if its in a combo. While you may be tempted to buy the time +10 seconds, it only helps you to clear the stage. It will not improve the catch rate. Also, the capture rate is increased for every 3 seconds you have remaining on the timer.

I'm not sure if you are aware of it, but if you buy a great ball to increase your odds and it fails, you can immediately press the home button then close the software and you won't have the 2500 coin loss. You don't get credit for beating the stage, you don't get the heart back, and you don't get any coins back that you purchased items with.

ilovecommas

Cute Trainer
Thank you for all the tips King Arceus!!!

Uggg!!!!! I got a 45 level combo on Moltres and it froze up at the end with 2 seconds left. Has anyone else had their game freeze up?

King Arceus

Aspiring Trainer
Elite Member
Advanced Member
I've never had my game freeze.

Rayquaza is now available if you check in. It has 70 base power. You get 30 moves to defeat it.

ilovecommas

Cute Trainer
Well, thanks for the tips because I have all Expert Pokes except Articuno. I'm going after Rayquaza soon. Still no luck with Mawlie but very close and I can finally buy a Disruption Delay today. It stinks being stuck because you get coins very slowly!

Teal

黄前さん らしい ね
You get coins slowly...? Eh...

I have caught all Pokémon except for Mewtwo (which I can battle) and I have 51860 coins and all 17 free gems...

ilovecommas

Cute Trainer
Teal said:
You get coins slowly...? Eh...

As far as I can tell you don't win coins unless you check-in once a day and when you beat levels for the first time. I am stuck so I don't have any new levels to beat to earn coins. All I can do is check-in each day. Plus I have spent all the coins I had previously.

Teal

黄前さん らしい ね
Then you played wrong, I spent coins for the first time on level 120 (Mega Glalie). It's your own fault. It may sound harsh but what can I say?

I've see my friends buying EXP boosts too which I really can't understand either. It's just a waste of coins.

(Also, Mega Mawile is easily beatable without coins. Mega Glalie is the first obvious stage where you have to use coins.)

ilovecommas

Cute Trainer
Teal said:
Then you played wrong, I spent coins for the first time on level 120 (Mega Glalie). It's your own fault. It may sound harsh but what can I say?

I've see my friends buying EXP boosts too which I really can't understand either. It's just a waste of coins.

(Also, Mega Mawile is easily beatable without coins. Mega Glalie is the first obvious stage where you have to use coins.)

Well I waste a lot of coins because, I don't get to play much, so my Pokemon aren't very high level. I usually just play once a day, but I'm trying to play more to level up.

Congrats on being so great at the game! :D

Teal

黄前さん らしい ね
ilovecommas said:
I... didn't mean it like that. -_-

Damn it, you are pretty smart.

If you are really stuck on Mawile, go back to S the stages you didn't S on the first try.

ilovecommas

Cute Trainer
Teal said:
ilovecommas said:
I... didn't mean it like that. -_-

Damn it, you are pretty smart.

If you are really stuck on Mawile, go back to S the stages you didn't S on the first try.

Cool, thanks for the tip. I'm honestly not that great at puzzle games. I was having trouble with super easy ones, like stupid Grovyle and Marshtomp... Sad to say, but true. Leveling up has been the biggest help besides blowing my coins on disruption delays. It is a fun little game though!

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Beat the end boss. Cost me literally every coin I had. Won in 12-13 turns. On to new stages!

King Arceus

Aspiring Trainer
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Really disappointed the next event is a competitive stage for Blastoise. It really should have been time for Groudon. There are few ground types in the game to begin with. Water already had a Keldeo and Kyogre event prior to this. On top of that, its only the top 20,000 from each region that get the Blastoinite.

Teal

黄前さん らしい ね
This time it's only top 10000 in Europe. Uh-oh...
I'll make sure I'll get it though.