Pokemon OU 5th Gen Team

Equinox

Stallwart Player
Well, after not playing for about 3 weeks in the metagame and a bad losing streak with my old team, I decided to make a new one! This team was created out of the ability to attempt to swap into any threat, be able to take it, and counter back with a sweeper, or stall and wall it out. I've spent about four days on this team, deciding what Pokemon goes on it with care, and now, without further adieu, the team itself!

(Changes in Bold)

395.png

Infernape (M) @ Air Balloon
Trait: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Encore
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
This set my seem weird, but Infernape can troll slower leads and Pokemon attempting to set up. The first turn plan on this set is to use Stealth Rock (Or Encore if the opponent is using Prankster) then attack with Close Combat or Stone Edge. Infernape's combination of both Stone Edge and Close Combat go unresisted in the metagame to everything but Virizion and Erufuun. The EVs are simple set-in stone, max attack for the best possible dmg output and max speed for outspeeding other Pokemon. Air Balloon is a nice trick, giving Infernape another resist on EQ.

381.png

Latios (M) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Psyshock
My special sweeper, Latios can also cover Gastrodon's painful weakness. I run the standard choice set, HP Fire for Ferrothorn and other grass/steel types. Draco Meteor is a nice addition, being able to tear holes in predicted switch-ins. Surf is a fun addition, doing more damage against Pokemon in rain teams that don't resist it(lol). Dragon Pulse is probably the most commonly used move, being 100 Acc, 80 Power + Stab will also hurt many Pokemon attempting to stop Latios's reign of terror.

428.png

Gastrodon (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Stockpile
- Recover
- Scald
- Earth Power
Dat Gastrodon is a troll. Being able to be both a specially defensive wall as well as a physical wall. Scald is a fun choice, as well as getting STAB, it has a chance of burning many physical threats. Earth Power is also a good choice, being able to wear away the special defense on Pokemon only wishing to block Gastrodon. Gastrodon was the third choice on my team as it resists both Ferrothorn's weakness as well as Latios's Ice weakness. Gastrodon is also one of my keyplayers against Rain teams attempting to trlll me.

612.png

Ferrothorn (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 8 Def / 244 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Spikes
- Power Whip
- Leech Seed
- Thunder Wave
Ferrothorn is a fun addition to the team, he's my Spikes layer as well as my speed crippler. EVs have been adjusted so physical defence reaches a perfect 300, and the Sp Def helps against unboosted and +1 CM Virizion. Sassy nature boosts Nattorei's already high Sp. Def. up to a 361. Power Whip and Gyro Ball are my main two attacking moves, ensuring it's not all the way Taunt bait. Thanks to Ferro's typing, he resists Gyrados's Rock Weakness as well as Gastrodon's.

130.png

Gyarados (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Waterfall
- Taunt
- Dragon Dance
- Stone Edge
My straight up booster, Gyarados is a beast when Moxie is added to the field, making each KO another step towards complete distruction. An Adamant nature has been put on Gyarados to fully max out his offense. Leftovers are put on over Life Orb so Gyarados doesn't die so fast, and so it doesn't die even faster in Sandstorm. Earthquake is put in over Bounce so it can atleast dent opposing Ferrothorn. Waterfall is a good STAB move with the chance of flinching Pokemon while denting them majorly. Stone Edge is a good addition as well so it can take on Zapdos(lol) and other flying type Pokemon.

302.png

Sableye (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Prankster
EVs: 124 HP / 252 Def / 132 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Substitute
- Confuse Ray
The last Pokemon of the team, Sableye! I chose Sableye simply because of one major reason: no weakness. Add on that Sableye has several resistances and the amazing ability to cripple physical attackers before Sableye can be touched. Sableye also makes its use as being able to resist fighting type attacks as well as Burnfusioning things to death, or, if Ferrothorn has paralyzed, Parafusion. 124 HP EVs is to keep Sableye's health as high as I can, 252 Def EVs is to maximize defense, and you might be thinking "lolwat, y u got weird EV combination?" well, the remaining EVs go into Sp. Def. Seeing as how Sableye isn't as bulky on the special side, I decided that I'd add some EVs into that instead of splitting Def EVs.

Thanks for the rates!

~Tyrant Tyranitar~

approved

Try to ad pics whenever you get the chance.

Might be a nitpick, but I prefer Intimidate on Gyarados, because it will get a chance to set up on a wider variety of things.

The Power of Three said:
approved

Try to ad pics whenever you get the chance.

Might be a nitpick, but I prefer Intimidate on Gyarados, because it will get a chance to set up on a wider variety of things.

Ehh, I usually do run Intimidate and a less offensive set on Gyara (Bulky DD), but I decided to try something more offensively based. And I'll add pictures here in a few minutes

Looks solid but I would change some things:

-Encore for Flare Blitz on Infernape.

-Fit Psyshock somewhere on Latios for Blissey. (maybe over Dragon Pulse)

-Maybe consider putting Toxic or Ice Beam over Earth Power on Gastrodon.

-Thunder Wave and Gyro Ball don't have a good synergy together so maybe replace one of them for Leech Seed.

-I know you said you run a full attacker Gyara but maybe try Taunt over Stone Edge/Earthquake.

Gastrodon doesn't resist ice. Dragon Pulse is also 90 power instead of 80. Moving along to an actual rate. I am going to agree with shadow_scyther on replacing a move for Psychoshock. Choice Sets are more geared towards hit and run, therefore I think you could have Dragon Pulse go for it. Right now your Sableye is also taunt bait. I'd either run Taunt on it or else have one damaging move, perhaps Night Shade since its offensive stats are not that high.

Stone Edge and Close Combat go unresisted in the metagame to everything but Virizion and Erufuun
Since when does Whimsicott resist Fighting?

Like SS, I think that Gastrodon would appreciate either the damage form Toxic or the coverage from Ice Beam.

Since you're using Infernape as a set up lead, you'd probably want to go with U-Turn over Encore to switch out/scout/build momentum after setting up.

Shadow Arceus said:
Since when does Whimsicott resist Fighting?
Since when does Whimsicott resist Rock as well as Verizon resisting Fighting?

Anyways, on Sableye, run Taunt and Night Shade over Sub and Confuse Ray. Trust me. I'm a doctor I've used him before.

Lol what they said about the Whim and Vizirion resists.
Also, I don't see how Latios can be such a great sweeper if it is choiced. For example, sure, it could sweep Ferrothorn + Scizor with HP Fire, but when Heatran comes in, your sweep is done. If you weren't choiced it could continue with Surf. I suggest switching out that item. I might suggest more later, but I'll give you time to test out all of the suggestions first.

For Gyrados,I'd run this set:

Gyrados@Leftovers
Nature:Jolly
Ability:Moxie
EVs:252 HP,252 Speed,6 Attack
Moveset:
Earthquake
Waterfall
Dragon Dance
Stone Edge

With Moxie,anything it KO's will raise it's Attack,so with high Speed and Attack,it will be hard to KO.Besides,healing with Lefties will make things an even more difficult challenge.With max HP EVs,it will be able to survive more attacks.

shadow_scyther said:
Looks solid but I would change some things:

-Encore for Flare Blitz on Infernape.

-Fit Psyshock somewhere on Latios for Blissey. (maybe over Dragon Pulse)

-Maybe consider putting Toxic or Ice Beam over Earth Power on Gastrodon.

-Thunder Wave and Gyro Ball don't have a good synergy together so maybe replace one of them for Leech Seed.

-I know you said you run a full attacker Gyara but maybe try Taunt over Stone Edge/Earthquake.

Changing to all these but Infernape's and Gastrodon's change. With Encore, I've got a good Stealth Rock User as is and Encore has a nice suprise factor, and as for Gastrodon's change, Ice Beam is a maybe, I'm not for sure

I would consider Jellicent for this team in place of Gastrodon. With two different hazards up, I feel a spinblocker would be very useful. It gets the same useful Water immunity that Gastrodon has, while boasting more all-around defensive stats, and Taunt. From the point of view of synergy, Jellicent resists or is immune to both of Ferrothorn's weaknesses, as well as Latios' Ice Weakness.

I would also consider Night Shade or Foul Play on Sableye to prevent it from becoming Taunt bait.

Back