PokeBeach's March 2018 PTCGO Tournament, Sponsored by TCGplayer.com!

JGB146

♫♪.ılıl|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|lılı.♫♪
We're playing this afternoon.

Robert Fuchs

PCTGO name: Ben358358, PST zone
gumball has been waiting about a week for the finals...

kinda like when the Golden State Warriors swept the semi finals and had to wait a week to play the Cavaliers. :)

KK-Swizzle

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
@KK-Swizzle wins 2-1 over @JGB146 in three epic 3o minute grindfests :D Start to finish, that was the best match I've played all year! Always fun to play against new archetypes, and JGB piloted it exceptionally well, definitely not a fluke that he got this far, will have to try out the deck concept for myself at some point!

JGB146

@KK-Swizzle wins 2-1 over @JGB146 in three epic 3o minute grindfests :D Start to finish, that was the best match I've played all year! Always fun to play against new archetypes, and JGB piloted it exceptionally well, definitely not a fluke that he got this far, will have to try out the deck concept for myself at some point!

Thanks, Swizzle. I'll get you next time :D

If you're looking for new archetypes to play around with, I think that the Sol/Gyarados (both GXs) deck I ran last month has a crazy amount of potential if built right. Hint: I didn't build it right. Step one is removing puzzles and lusamine and increasing draw support. Not sure what else it needs though.

Robert Fuchs

Now I'm curious what this new deck is??

JGB146

Now I'm curious what this new deck is??
Basically, it's a build of Silvally Lapras that actually works. Seagrove and the rest of our team tested variations for weeks as it was a consideration for Charlotte.

Robert Fuchs

Cool. I imagine you are hitting for 160/190 every turn then and also take advantage of max exilirs and aqua patches so it should be very quick to setup up, ideally hitting 190 by turn 2.

Can you get to 210 damage?
For movement, why Silvally instead of Dawn Wings Necrozma plus float stone?

Can you get a top 4 prize and an innovative deck prize in the same tourney?? :)

gumball51321

*thumbs up*
Cool. I imagine you are hitting for 160/190 every turn then and also take advantage of max exilirs and aqua patches so it should be very quick to setup up, ideally hitting 190 by turn 2.

No, the rules said that's ONLY for peeps who whiffed top 16

JGB146

Our early versions played Kukui to hit 210, but those versions weren't actually that successful. The final version I ran with for this was more of a Waterbox with Silvally as the main focus and different supplementary attackers depending on the match. Those included Lapras, Glaceon-EX, Tapu Fini, and Clefairy. I think Fini's snipe attack was MVP for closing out games that I otherwise wouldn't have won.

For matches where we had to hit over 190, Silvally's GX attack works well, as do relevant memories. Where memories fall through, we are usually talking about an evolution decks, which makes Glaceon pretty helpful (more so than I was willing to admit at first).

JGB146

As to Dawn Wings, you're too susceptible to field blower ruining your day, and it doesn't really accomplish the same thing anyway -- Dawn Wings used in non-psychic deck can't attack. Every Pokemon I played can have meaningful attacks in the right matchups.

KK-Swizzle

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
@gumball51321 wins 2-0 over @KK-Swizzle
Crazy close games, and I can't believe I pulled them out of my ass

Yah, well done! I've never been so nervous playing pokemon before, lol. Hopefully the experience will help me keep a cooler head and avoid misplays in similar spots in the future. You earned this one though, you had the better deck and the better gameplay tonight, took it home fair and square :D I'm happy for you, super impressed with your deck construction...usually the fact that buzz-garb players play fury belt instead of choice band is a bit of a saving grace for me, cuz they can't really get to 230 to OHKO a gardy. Also, I think having the sudowoodo instead of the carbink makes for a significantly more aggressive build than the 2nd place Collinsville list. Carbink can be great in the right situation, but in testing I was often able to guzma KO it with gallade, and then they wouldn't have the energy acceleration they were banking on for the rest of the game.

Congrats again on the big win, I'm taking a break for a couple months at least, but I'm sure I will see you around when I'm back!

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
tenor.gif

Thanks for getting it done quickly.