PokeBeach Podcast: New “Supercharged Breaker” Set Coming, Pecharunt for August’s Special English Set?

I LOVE the concept of having supporters and Pokémon under the spell of Pecharunt - having supporters that are under the shadow control and therefore giving us a twist on their current power or a whole new power would be super interesting- also the idea of the poison chain being a decorative feature like they did with the Smokey swirls on the lost zone type cards recently would be super fun too to have as a thematic element. Im also thinking about other set that had interesting on card holo patterns and designs (the generations radiant collection) idk - Some way of separating out this set with its own gimmick is ABSOLUTELY the only way I can see this set having any kind of draw as a standalone set/subset

PS: JustInBasil you have never been and never will be a jaded jerk!! You’re just a realist and unencumbered by pointless hope and optimism about TPC/TPCI decision making

I LOVE the concept of having supporters and Pokémon under the spell of Pecharunt - having supporters that are under the shadow control and therefore giving us a twist on their current power or a whole new power would be super interesting- also the idea of the poison chain being a decorative feature like they did with the Smokey swirls on the lost zone type cards recently would be super fun too to have as a thematic element. Im also thinking about other set that had interesting on card holo patterns and designs (the generations radiant collection) idk - Some way of separating out this set with its own gimmick is ABSOLUTELY the only way I can see this set having any kind of draw as a standalone set/subset

PS: JustInBasil you have never been and never will be a jaded jerk!! You’re just a realist and unencumbered by pointless hope and optimism about TPC/TPCI decision making
I think all of these ideas would be amazing, maybe it's something where you can sacrifice a supporter to Pecharunt and it grows stronger, some merge of the lost zone and vengeance fletching would be cool.

I think all of these ideas would be amazing, maybe it's something where you can sacrifice a supporter to Pecharunt and it grows stronger, some merge of the lost zone and vengeance fletching would be cool.
I created some cards on Pokecardmaker.net, and it's my iteration on how Pecharunt would work out. Okidogi ex does more damage, Munkidori ex sneaks past abilities, and Fezandipiti poisons the Defending Pokemon with its attack.

Happiny! Great episode as always this week! And thank you for all the advice! The one time I did really well at a local is when I was playing in person almost everyday, so I'll definitely start practicing more in person then! I first of all wasn't too excited for twilight masquerade but a few cards have turned it around for me so I'll definitely pull a little bit, (most noticeably the Wattrel and Karmine) really enjoyed listening and have a great week!

Also thank you for adding the sinistcha to the visual set list I can now confirm I want the card lol

Charizard ex is... tame? What kind of card had this type of effect in the SwSh era, or SuMo era, or even XY era? To claim that SV is "careful with overtuning cards" when the block literally started with Miraidon ex and Electric Generator is farcical.
Would Zoroark-EX-like card make a splash in F/G Standard? It'd definitely be worth considering, but we had so many more broken consistency effects in both recent blocks. In H block I would definitely prefer to see it on a Stage 2 card.

Back