Finished PokeBeach Mafia 50: Fray at the Beach - Game Over - Claim Your Prizes and Vote!

Status
Not open for further replies.
D1 Vote Count #Final
@Tyler Beta: 12 | PMJ [#416], scattered mind [#417], Acetrainer_Samwise [#418], pikachuuuu101 [#420], Jadethepokemontrainer [#422], The Last Shaymin [#431], MegaPod_781 [#433], Yog [#449], quakingpunch73 [#452], Lord Goomy [#470], DashKing [#478]
pikachuuuu101: 6 | mordacazir [#435], Luispipe8 [#436], Blakers [#441], Professor_jplap [#442], Tyler Beta [#444], rainyman123 [#454]
Lord Goomy: 4 | Dusk Form Lycanroc [#168], GM Draclord [#296], FlavorfulPineApl [#300], triplemo [#305]
Anime Psyclone: 1 | GekkisaiDaiNi [#332]
Dusk Form Lycanroc: 1 | Anime Psyclone [#331]
simsands: 1 | mirdo [#93 ]
triplemo: 1 | simsands [#301]

No vote:
TheSceptileMaster, TOTAL_EPICNESS

Majority: 14 votes
Hours remaining: NONE
Past vote counts: [#1], [#2], [#3]
Note: This vote count does show decreased or increased vote weights, if any.

Players who did not vote have a vote placed on themselves.

Full vote count (including every vote and unvote from day begin):
Tyler Beta: 12 | rainyman123 [#125-#454], Dusk Form Lycanroc [#136-#168], pikachuuuu101 [#141-#293], PMJ [#416], scattered mind [#417], Acetrainer_Samwise [#418], pikachuuuu101 [#420], Jadethepokemontrainer [#422], The Last Shaymin [#431], MegaPod_781 [#433], Yog [#449], quakingpunch73 [#452], Lord Goomy [#470], DashKing [#478]
pikachuuuu101: 6 | Lord Goomy [#146-#252], mordacazir [#435], Luispipe8 [#436], Yog [#439-#449], Blakers [#441], Professor_jplap [#442], Tyler Beta [#444], rainyman123 [#454]
Lord Goomy: 4 | Professor_jplap [#109-#442], Dusk Form Lycanroc [#117-#136], Acetrainer_Samwise [#119-#255], Dusk Form Lycanroc [#168], GekkisaiDaiNi [#290-#295], pikachuuuu101 [#293-#420], GM Draclord [#296], FlavorfulPineApl [#300], The Last Shaymin [#304-#33], triplemo [#305], PMJ [#390-#416]
Anime Psyclone: 1 | rainyman123 [#94-#125], scattered mind [#143-#417], GekkisaiDaiNi [#332]
Dusk Form Lycanroc: 1 | The Last Shaymin [#127-#250], Anime Psyclone [#138-#156], quakingpunch73 [#242-#452], Acetrainer_Samwise [#255-#409], Lord Goomy [#271-#470], Anime Psyclone [#331]
simsands: 1 | mirdo [#93 ], Luispipe8 [#173-#384]
triplemo: 1 | simsands [#301], Yog [#397-#439], Acetrainer_Samwise [#409-#418]

Acetrainer_Samwise: 0 | MegaPod_781 [#66-#433], Anime Psyclone [#156-#331]
Blakers: 0 | Jadethepokemontrainer [#58-#389], GekkisaiDaiNi [#295-#332]
FlavorfulPineApl: 0| GekkisaiDaiNi [#56-#67], Acetrainer_Samwise [#59-#119]
GekkisaiDaiNi: 0 | Blakers [#63-#441], TOTAL_EPICNESS [#64-#451], Lord Goomy [#100-#146], Lord Goomy [#252-#271]
Jadethepokemontrainer: 0| Dusk Form Lycanroc [#60-#117]
Luispipe8: 0 | quakingpunch73 [#62-#242], simsands [#96-#301]
MegaPod_781: 0 | Anime Psyclone [#68 -#138]
PMJ: 0 | Yog [#222-#236]
rainyman123: 0 | GM Draclord [#118-#296], Tyler Beta [#134-#444]
TOTAL_EPICNESS: 0 | GekkisaiDaiNi [#67- #290]

Day 1 Ends!

Bird Pokémon were singing. Bug Pokémon were buzzing. The sun was almost at its height in the sky. Everyone was getting a bit tired out from all the fun, truth be told.

But just then, for no explicable reason, a giant meteor fell from the sky and landed directly on top of bbninjas!

bbninjas has died! He was …

You are bbninjas, and you are aligned with yourself. You’re where all the real power lies in this operation––you control everything. With great power, though, comes great responsibility. It’d be a real shame if something happened to you, huh? Better watch out for giant inexplicable meteors.

Passive Ability: BeeBeeNinjas
What’s the buzz? It’s up to you to let everybody else know, by publishing regular updates for the game in progress.

Active Ability: bbNinjas
Sometimes, when people just won’t do what you want them to do, there comes a time when you just gotta let ‘em go … from very high up in the air. Unfortunately, catching some of the sneakier folks would prove a real challenge to most hosts. But fear not! For you are a ninja, and only a ninja can sneak up on another ninja. Whenever a player breaks a rule, you may replace them or modkill them as you see fit.

Win Condition: Don’t get hit by giant inexplicable meteors.

All the prizes were destroyed by the meteor! That’s unfortunate. :(

And that’s the game, folks! Thanks for playing! ^.^

Well, what are you waiting for?
What do you mean you don't believe what Jabberwock wrote? Of course the game has ended!
Okay, fine, whatever.

Day 1 Ends!
For reals, this time!

It was quite the kerfuffle on the beach that day. The beachgoers were desperate to stop this strange new gang and all their mischief, before any damage could be done. But how? They had nothing to go off! Accusations were flying, friends were turning on friends, and with very little guidance from the supreme beings above, the air was getting thicker with tension by the minute. It was enough for even those going at their own tempo to get dizzy! As they deadline loomed, the beachgoers frantically placed their votes, hopeful that they might somehow - miraculously - lynch one of those darn Mischief Makers...

Tyler Beta was lynched! He was:
You are Latias, and you’re aligned with the Innocent Beachgoers. You share a lot with Latios––a love of beaches, for one thing. But you’ve always been more well-read … and by read, I mean read, not the other kind of red. It’s a homophone. Anyway.

Passive Ability: Bond of Eons
You arrived here with your twin brother, Latios––whom you know to share your alignment. You would trust him with your life. Normally, you’d be able to communicate telepathically, but something seems to be blocking you. Well, never fear! You’ve figured out how to set up a communications channel via QuickTopic (link sent in a separate post), where you may speak both Night and Day.

LOCKED Ability: Soul Sight
[Unlocks if you come into possession of the Soul Dew]

Win Condition: Eliminate the Mischief Makers.

They seem to have been holding an Item.

Dang luck! Not only had they killed an innocent - they had killed one of the most trustworthy of their number! Disappointed and downcast, the beachgoers began to prepare for the night ahead...

Night 1 Begin!
Night 1 ends in 36 hours, on 20:00 Tuesday, 2 April (UTC +0).
Click [this countdown] for the exact deadline end in your timezone.

It is now the Night Phase, where you may submit your actions (if any)! We will not be accepting once the deadline specified above passes. The 4 hour period after this deadline falls will be used to process the actions and send out results PMs, and Day 2 will begin on 00:00 3 April.

Along with your standard game rules (e.g. no outside communication), during this phase you:
  • May use any Active Abilities by responding to the private Conversation you have with the hosts, providing they can be used during the Night Phase. (Passive Abilities are automatically used.)
    • You may not act on yourself.
    • If you do not want to act, please respond to the private Conversation and let us know.
  • Must pass an Items that you have to another player (otherwise they will be passed randomly). A reminder that all Item-passing occurs after the nightkill (which occurs after all other actions).

@TheSceptileMaster has been subbed out due to their failure to confirm their role and post in-thread. They have been replaced by @Robin Aisaga .

EDIT: Approximately 11 hours remaining to submit your action! Don't miss it!

Last edited:
Some players were thrown into the spotlight during the night:

Someone sits around doing absolutely nothing.
Someone sits around doing absolutely nothing.
Someone goes along with what ‘they’ say.
Night 1 ends!

Everyone woke bleary-eyed the next morning. None of the innocents really wanted to return to the beach, not after killing one of their own yesterday, but the alternative was even worse––leaving it in the hands of the Mischief Makers. So it was with heavy hearts that they trudged out of their holes and dens and back to the windswept dunes and cerulean seas.

When they got there, they were surprised to find that the Pokémon they had sentenced to death was still there! And he didn’t look quite dead …

“Hey guys,” said Tyler Beta, waving a forlorn arm.

“Aren’t you supposed to be dead?” asked somebody else of no consequence (it was jabber lol).

“Well, apparently there’s a big difference between mostly dead and all dead,” Tyler said. “I dunno; that’s what bb told me, anyway. So basically, I still get to hang around and help you guys out with finding the Mischief Makers, but I’m still dead. Y’know?”

Nobody really knew what he was talking about, but that was okay because Jabber decided to tell them in plainer terms:

Tyler Beta is still in the game. For most intents and purposes, he counts as a dead player who may still talk in-thread. I wonder what would happen if you tried to act on - or kill - a ghost?

And there was much rejoicing when it was discovered that Tyler was here to stay, but that cleared up quickly when they found not one, but two more bodies on the shore.

The body of Jadethepokemontrainer lay closer, and so it was there that the party proceeded first. Jadethepokemontrainer has been killed! They were:

You are Azurill, and you’re aligned with the Innocent Beachgoers. People can’t bear to see you cry, so they’ll do whatever they can to comfort you. And … being so much in the dark … with so much pressure on all sides … it seems like everyone’s out to get you … you can already feel the tears coming on ...

Active Ability: Fake Tears
Each Night Phase, you may PM me the name of a living player. You will bounce off to them and turn on the waterworks, at which point they will feel obligated to tell you their role name.

They seem to have been holding an Item.

Dreading what they would see, everyone then continued to the second of the bodies. Blakers was killed! They were:

You are Latios, and you’re aligned with the Innocent Beachgoers. Island life is more your thing, but you’ve always had a soft spot for beaches, even on the mainland. A lot of Pokémon don’t know quite what to make of you––with good reason. Your power far exceeds that of a normal Pokémon. Just try not to kill all of your allies, hmm?

Passive Ability: Bond of Eons
You arrived here with your twin sister, Latias––whom you know to share your alignment. You would trust her with your life. Normally, you’d be able to communicate telepathically, but something seems to be blocking you. Well, never fear! Latias has figured out how to set up a communications channel via QuickTopic (link sent in a separate post), where you may speak both Night and Day.

LOCKED Ability: Soul Crush
[Unlocks if you come into possession of the Soul Dew]

But what was most unnerving, was that someone had scrawled “LATIOS” onto Blakers’ body in shaky handwriting.

“They knew who he was,” someone breathed quietly.

But how had they known?

Day 2 Begin!
Day 2 ends in 96 hours, on 00:00 Friday, 6 April (UTC +0).
Click [this countdown] for the exact deadline end in your timezone.

There are 24 players alive, and the majority for an early lynch is 13 votes. Y’all seem to have a good hang of the game, so I won’t bother listing what you can / can’t do, or any reminders.

Last edited:
Why though? What is the resoning behind Pika first and Tyler later?

Potential scumbuddy trying to shift the votes. (unless he's going to give a valid reason)

I was going to give a valid reasoning, though nightfall beat me to it.
I saw a solid case on Pika and I voted for him, while I also suspected Tyler but not enough for him to be, to me, a better lynch than Pika (which, surprise! I wasn't that wrong in the end).

##VOTE: @pikachuuuu101
Tell me a reason not to lynch you today.

(I'll be back to respond tomorrow night, most probably; I'll be lurking to catch up but won't be able to respond until I'm home from work)

Yog you changed your vote from Pikachuuu to Tyler....

You probably noticed Pikaaa was in your little scum chat so you moved your vote....

##VOTE: YOG

I think my vote is better placed on Tyler for now. I am around for the first six hours at least, to change if needed.

##UNVOTE: Pikachuuu
##VOTE: Tyler B

Well, it’s not good we lost our Masons and Name Cop, though I suppose the latter isn’t so devastating a blow, considering we were warned that the Pokémon species in the game wouldn’t all necessarily belong to the intuitive alignment. But I have one idea where to go from here. I have a theory that AP and Goomy are scumbuddies. There were instances where each one tried to cover for the other: AP’s post blatantly shifting the attention off Goomy and to DFL, and Goomy’s post saying AnimePsyclone “just doesn’t seem scum.” We could test my theory by lynching one of them. And not to ignore his stalling or fluff like others have noted:

##VOTE: AnimePsyclone

An alternative if we do not go this route is lynching TSL for blatant fluff to seem involved. And pika and PMJ both have contradictions to address iirc.

I must say, my suspicion on DFL has wavered.
Its too soon to pin the rope on anyone, but my first finger-point has to lie on Anime Psyclone.
(No, we’re not scumbuddies.)
He’s been too quiet. Too overly defensive.
Like me, actually.
Dang it, that doesn’t work.
My second finger point is on @pikachuuuu101; quietly lurking, and as far as I can remember, hasn’t really contributed much besides just casting a vote, and giving no reasoning, leading me to believe that he just jumped on a wagon.
Well, that’s where I’m going.
##VOTE: pikachuuuu101

Alright, someone on the Mafia side of the equation knew that Blakers was Latios.
Thanks for the hint, bbninjas.
They knew that he was Latios, and killed him because Latias was already lynched and with the death of Latios they could bury the Eon Duo together so, perhaps, Latios couldn’t spill the beans on his sister’s killer.
So, if they knew he was Latios, someone on scumside had to had have an ability that could do that.
Similarly, someone either scum or town had to have an ability that led to TB’s not-death.

These are my questions for Tyler:

Do you know the identity of the killer of your brother Latios?
Do you know of anyone who had the ability to make you a ghost?

I’ve got something here!

(Wait, did I actually contribute? What has gotten into me?)

2 Kills in one Night. This is really bad. No wonder the host warned us that revealing our role might cause us harm.

but atleast we have 1 confirmed townier although he is technically dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back