Community PokeBeach Alum Club

J

Juliacoolo

Welcome all to the PokeBeach Alum Club! Not to be confused with the Pokebeach Album Club, the Alum Club is for PokeBeach "Graduates" to have nostalgic discussions about the "good old days." Newer members are welcome to stop by and ask questions about PokeBeach history, or offer their analysis on how things are now.

Feel free to post your favorite PB memories, and talk about the people that made your experience so special.

Serperior

~
Advanced Member
When Heavenly Spoon made all of those unique avatars...and Xous made his own. My avatar is in that dude's memory. Miss that guy.

StarlightSearcher

The Blonde Brainiac
Forum Mod
Advanced Member
I remember the Holy Star incident. And like Serperior said; Heavenly Spoon's unique avatars as well as Xous's.

J

Juliacoolo

I was delighted to see a lot of old members post in the "State and Direction of Pokebeach" thread, so I thought I would bring this thread back! Share your favorite Pokebeach memories, ask questions about the past, and talk about what you'd like to see in the future.

I personally miss forum groups! What memories do you guys have of forums groups?

VinculumStellarum

Hello Tomorrow, going well? Any luck?
What memories do you guys have of forums groups?
I'm not entirely sure what these are. How would such a thing work?

The Chillax Zone thread is still my favorite memory of this place.
I've heard of this in the State and Direction thread, and it sounds pretty cool. A thread to just talk about whatever users want, so long as it's within the rules? (That's my understanding of it; please correct me if I'm wrong.) I personally wouldn't mind such a thread being around, although I do think the Skype chat is better suited for discussion like that.

I've heard of the Holy Star incident, and it makes me wonder how someone even had the ability to do what was done besides WPM. The whole thing just astounds me a bit.

I know there's been a few times where the "old days" have been brought up in the Skype chat and huge discussions have arisen from them (such as discussing the "celebrities" of PB), and while I sometimes felt lost in those discussions, I ended up learning a lot about the history of PokéBeach from them and can now infer a little about how PB looked in, say, 2009. I can imagine being around in those times would've definitely been interesting; I've seen what the forums looked like back then and they look so... prehistoric compared to now.

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
This site has definitely grown and changed over the years, but I'm happy to be a part of it. Here are two of my favourite memories:

1) Finally joining the forums and learning what a robust community the TCG still has. I've used PokéBeach for various news, etc. since the DP days, but I never actually made an account until I started getting back into the TCG mid-/late-HGSS era. I thought I was a dork for wanting to play and collect again, but instead I found a lively community of adults with similar interests, which also enabled me to get back into the Japanese side of collecting and really find my niche.

2) Becoming a mod for the first time. I put in an application not really expecting much, especially since I was basically just a lurker at the time, but to my surprise I ended up with a warm welcome into the staff community. The staff here is truly wonderful, even with all the personnel changes throughout the years, and I'm delighted to be a part of it. I've risen the ranks, of course, but I'm happy to work hard and do what I can for the site, and I plan to continue to do so for a long time, as well.

Vracken

Just a Ghost of the Past
Good, cause we all love you and your regally inclined profile pictures Athena ^w^

King Arceus

Aspiring Trainer
Elite Member
Advanced Member
I've been around for a long time so I've seen a lot. My top picks for threads are Xenten Club ( Part Two ) and Two Forests.

I have a lot of memories with Groups. A lot of them negative because of being staff and seeing that they weren't well taken care of by the group leader. It is how I got a group of people together for competitive battling and I still chat with some of them. #TeamDimensional

I also remember the days when I ran the PokeBeach Pokemon Online Server and some of the fun we had with that. Between catching Pokemon, attacking each other and just chilling it was good times.

Nyora

A Cat
I am not old in Pokebeach whatsoever but I do miss the old look with the blue everywhere.