XY Pokémon you want to see in Pokken Tournament?

Reggie McGigas

-
Post Pokémon that you want to see in Pokken Tournament and list why.

I'd like to see Regigigas because he could be slow to start off but over time becomes faster and stronger. He'd be an awesome addition to the game. Also, Aggron and Mega Aggron would be great for this game because they are hard hitting and powerful Pokémon.

I'll post a list of confirmed fighters and if anyone predicts one correctly their name will be next to the Pokémon as well.

Confirmed Fighters:
Pikachu
Gardevoir
Suicune
Machamp
Lucario
Blaziken (It was in the initial first picture we saw of the game when XY where in development)

It has already been mentioned in this post but we would really like to stress that reasons are necessary rather than just listing names. If a post just lists names then it will be removed as there is no way for discussion to branch out from it. ~Ice Espeon

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
RE: Pokemon you want to see in Pokken Tournement

I'm glad to see a quadruped like Suicune as playable. It opens the door for a whole lot of other Pokemon to be considered as viable options.

Hoopa Unbound would be glorious to play as.

Prince Dedenne

Elite Shiny Hunter
RE: Pokemon you want to see in Pokken Tournament

First, I'm really excited for this game, and hope that it'll be released on the Wii U this year!

As far as playable Pokémon that I'd like to see... all 720! With Volcanion as later free dlc. :p One can dream right...

Before I make my list, for now I won't list any Flying type Pokémon that soaly rely on flying. As I can't see the likes of Latios or Talonflame flying around evading all attacks.

1) Garchomp - It would be so cool to play as a Garchomp causing Earthquakes and smashing into opponents using Dragon Rush! And if it could mega evolve, I could see it using it's scythe-like arms to slash away at opponents!
2) Steelix - I'm really hoping to see a serpent-like Pokémon being playable, and seeing as Rayquaza flies and is op, I think Steelix would be the coolest choice for a snake like playable Pokémon. Not only could it use Ground type attacks, but it could use Rock type moves from a distance like Rock Throw and Rock Slide. And if it could mega evolve.... it'd be all that much cooler!
3) Ditto - I would just find it funny to see Ditto in the game. Copying what ever your opponent throws at you could be a good strategy if weakness comes into play in this game's battles. And if Ditto is to be playable, it'd be awesome if Ditto would keep it's cute little face even when it transforms. Like this!

"Dedenne.... why don't you want Charizard or Mewtwo in the game!?" I'm not listing Charizard nor Mewtwo since they're pretty much confirmed. What games aren't they in? If they're playable in Smash, I'm pretty sure they'll be in this game. (Same goes with Hawlucha and Scizor, I'm pretty sure they'll both be playable characters as well.)

steffenka

Miss Vaanjie
I agree with Dedenne, I think all Pokemon should appear :p

But I don't think we'll be seeing any Magikarp fighting soon, so I'll just list my top 5 :D¨

5: Dusknoir
- It could fight using it's hands to throw punches, and sneak up on its enemy by teleporting or something like that.
4: Ambipom
- I think it would be super cool to see Ambipom fighting by using it's 2 tails. It could also use its tails to evade attacks by using them to bounce it up.
3: Doublade or Aegislash
- They could both fight by using their blades and protect themselves behind their sheaths/shields. Double Night Slash from Doublade? Yes please!
2: Barbaracle
- 4 arms with their own mind? Yes please! I would love to see Barbaracle throwing quick punches with the seperate heads. Also I just really love Barbaracle and I think it would be super cool just to see it in the Pokken-style
1: Lickilicky
- A chubby pink Pokemon fighting by using its tongue, by using its chubby arms and by rolling? I think it would be super cute and hilarious, and it's something I personally really want to see! :D

enigmaticii

Aspiring Trainer
I had to think very hard about this, but I think I have come up with some Pokemon that I think would make interesting additions.

Arbok: A limbless fighter just sounds so interesting, and it would be cool to spit poison and constrict opponents.
Nidoqueen/Nidoking: Hefty fighters. They look intimidating so I think they would be cool to play as.
Muk: I love the idea of a pile of sludge. You could probably trap the opponent in the sludge.
Kingler: The claw!
Ariados: Spider fighter not only rhymes, but it sounds really interesting just for the aesthetic of it. Spinning webs would be cool.
Sudowoodo: This pokemon is just funny to me. It would make a fun character because of the charm of its design.
Wobuffet: My favourite for the ones I want to see. Wobuffet itself is like a gigantic punching bag.

Prince Dedenne said:
3) Ditto - I would just find it funny to see Ditto in the game. Copying what ever your opponent throws at you could be a good strategy if weakness comes into play in this game's battles. And if Ditto is to be playable, it'd be awesome if Ditto would keep it's cute little face even when it transforms. Like this!

Yes, I would also really love a Ditto as a fighter! It reminds me of Kirby in Smash.

Vom

livin' in a lonely world
Forum Mod
This. I never really thought about it, but since you bring the subject...
  • Metagross: I just love this thing. In a game like this, I just imagine it levitating and spinning its four legs everywhere to hit opponents! Of course, it would have to land at some point xD. If the mega is included...well...I don't really know what to expect :p
  • Klefki: This would be REALLY hilarious. You coming for me? Well think again, or you'll get a key hurled at your face! Hahaha, so funny...
  • Hydreigon: Imo a Hydreigon on a fighting game would be kinda op if you could control all 3 heads. Not very likely to happen, but just think about it...one head right, the other left, and the last one breathing fire at whatever direction you aren't already covering.
  • Mienshao: This guy's always been a ninja in my head. I can see it jumping everywhere, landing Hi Jump Kicks on everyone, and then retreating to somewhere without many people to recover, then get ready to strike again.
  • Zoroark: Looking like your opp is amazing in a game like this. Just wait until one of your opps makes an 'alliance' with another of you...then use Illusion to look like them and confuse them. Would only work if they're really distracted tho, but still a nice thing to try to pull off.
  • Carnivine: Would be pretty fun to just immobilize your opps while you eat them with such a big mouth. Definitely looking forward to this.
  • Ninjask: Another ninja here. Flying around everywhere...at the cost of going somewhat slower after. Kind of a sprint, needing to rest afterwards.
  • Greninja: Yet another ninja. Would throw Water Shurikens around at everyone, and would move very swiftly around.

Well, I guess that's what I would like to see in Pokken Tournament. Specially Klefki xD, would be so fun to watch :p

Registeel1234

Aspiring Trainer
I would love to see Kingler, It haven't received a lot of love from Game Freak, and I think it would be very interesting to see him in a fighting game like this. However, realisticly, I don't think Kingler has any chances of getting into the game :(

Shining Raikou

Your friendly neighborhood Raikou fan!
Elite Member
Advanced Member
If Suicune is in there, I expect Raikou + Entei to be. I will be sorely disappointed if Raikou isn't. I think it's really cool to play a fighter game like this with a legendary beast in general, but Raikou is my favorite... so I'm rooting for that to happen. I think it'd also be really neat to have Metagross and perhaps some Flying Pokemon like Pidgeot or Skarmory. :)

Klonoahedgehog

Ace Trainer
Well considering we already have the Pokemon i wanted in the game, being Gardevoir, i'm gonna hope Gallade makes the cut as well, i mean these days one without the other.

And him being psychic, fighting would make for both a good close range and long range fighter, also he's got swords for arms, that gives him the coolness factor.

Zygarde

Z-Dawg
If we're talking about ninjas, we should be talking about Accelgor! I honestly think that of all shinobi mons this guy would be the best option for a fighting game like this one. Stay away Greninja >_>

Also I'd rather have Scyther than Scizor, but probably not gonna happen.. Actually a lot of original stand alones would be cool here, such as Magmar, Electabuzz (Electivire has pretty high chances to be in tho), Lickitung..

For Fighting types, if the Hitmons just need to be in. Hitmonchan being all about power, Hitmonlee a speedy player, and Hitmontop... would be just awesome to use, spinning most of the time.

Leaf_Ranger

Knight of Nature and Pokémon
Roserade, Victreebell, Tangrowth, Sceptile, Breloom, Shiftry, Cacturne, Carnivine, Simisage, Ferrothorn, Chesnaught, Trevenant, Serperior, Maractus, Lilligant and Abomasnow! They're all Grass types and seem to be interesting and able for such game. :D

Leaf_Ranger

If Suicune is in there, I expect Raikou + Entei to be. I will be sorely disappointed if Raikou isn't. I think it's really cool to play a fighter game like this with a legendary beast in general, but Raikou is my favorite... so I'm rooting for that to happen. I think it'd also be really neat to have Metagross and perhaps some Flying Pokemon like Pidgeot or Skarmory. :)
If the Beasts are there, I want the Musketeers, namely Virizion! :p

Jungletoad

Aspiring Trainer
250px-284Masquerain.png

I'm not joking, Masquerain is one of my absolute favorite Pokemon. Maybe one day this God of a Pokemon will get a chance to show the world what he's worth.

Scattered mind

Competitive VG Forums Mod
Forum Mod
Beedrill :] This should look awesome. Especially in its Mega evolution. Hitting with its stingers like swords and.. well I'm not sure if I can describe it well but.. I imagine it having a combo move which he's digging in the opponent with its spinning stingers for several seconds until the opponent gets blown away.

Scattered mind

Competitive VG Forums Mod
Forum Mod
Roserade, Victreebell, Tangrowth, Sceptile, Breloom, Shiftry, Cacturne, Carnivine, Simisage, Ferrothorn, Chesnaught, Trevenant, Serperior, Maractus, Lilligant and Abomasnow! They're all Grass types and seem to be interesting and able for such game. :D

Ferrothorn needs to be really good. If they will add him they should make its barbs shooting out of itself to hit the opponent. That would look really good. Also ouch.. Hitting that thing with fists would hurt.
They can also make him spin fast like Gyro Ball as sort of a combo move which would also look amazing.

Leaf_Ranger

Ferrothorn needs to be really good. If they will add him they should make its barbs shooting out of itself to hit the opponent. That would look really good. Also ouch.. Hitting that thing with fists would hurt.
They can also make him spin fast like Gyro Ball as sort of a combo move which would also look amazing.

I was thinking more about his flailing and also thinking about Roserade using a thorn whip like seen in this card:
RoseradeGLRisingRivals12.jpg

I guess Ferrothorn would and should be able to do just what you said taking into account Ferroseed's animation:
ferroseed-3.gif

Another Pokémon that mixes these things (whip-like movements and spikes), that I love and would like to see included is Omastar:
Bandai_Omastar_card.jpg

Leaf_Ranger

Beedrill :] This should look awesome. Especially in its Mega evolution. Hitting with its stingers like swords and.. well I'm not sure if I can describe it well but.. I imagine it having a combo move which he's digging in the opponent with its spinning stingers for several seconds until the opponent gets blown away.
I dream to see a battle between Beedrill and Excavalier, so these are indeed a nice plus!!