Pokemon Pokémon Theories & Speculation

don()shinobi said:
Rangermon said:
Gen 5 paid a lot of homage to The Legend of Zelda, which gave the idea of Sigilyph. Also, the music in Celestial Tower (I think that's the right one) is a slightly adjusted version of the Dark World theme from A Link to the Past.
I find more similarities in Secret of the Forest from Chrono Trigger, honestly...that is, if we're both talking about Celestial Tower.

It totally reminds me of Dead Sea Tower from Chrono Cross, though

Maybe Eureka is a nickname, or her last name is Bonii.
That wouldn't work out. If Eureka is a nickname, that means we have something even more than an N situation going on, and if her last name is Bonii (Bonii = Bonnie), then that would also be Clemont's name too. Both of the situations are unrealistic.

I think that N and Ghetsis might be the distant relatives and descendants of the original twin prince brothers from the legend of Isshu. They both have the same hair colour, N can speak to Pokémon and Ghetsis has a black arm and their relation is still a mistery. Also, both have different goals and personalities, further going with the whole black/white theme.

Last edited:
I think Porygon was created by Team Rocket, at least in the games' canon. In the originals, it's exclusively available from the Game Corner, which is run by Team Rocket, and according to some memo in Silph Co., it was created by Pokémon Labs, which I believe refers to the labs on Cinnabar Island also responsible for Mewtwo. Now this is where it's a bit of a stretch, since it's only in the anime and manga that Team Rocket is specifically said to have had a hand in Mewtwo's creation, and in the former, we already know that Porygon wasn't created by Team Rocket. Also, the only people who ever use Porygon in-game are Scientist Gideon in FR/LG, who was part of Team Rocket, that one Scientist in the Radio Tower, also part of Team Rocket... oh, and that one Super Nerd that ambushed you after the Nugget Bridge challenge in G/S/C/HG/SS. Admittedly probably not part of Team Rocket, but considering his willingness to wait until you were weakened before challenging you, he definitely seems like the type to be affiliated with them.

Of course, the Up-Grade was developed by Silph Co., this we know. My thinking is that they got ahold of Porygon, and realized they could do better than Team Rocket did, and from there developed the Up-Grade, thus giving us Porygon2. Now, an Up-Grade can be found in the Team Rocket Warehouse in the Sevii Islands, right? Well, my thinking is, Team Rocket found out about the Up-Grade, and were outraged. Probably interpreted it as Silph implying that they're better than Team Rocket or something. So, they took an Up-Grade, studied it, and from it developed a new, unapproved patch for Porygon that would deliberately glitch the system, intended to sabotage any Porygon improved by Silph's Up-Grade, thus giving us the Dubious Disc, and by extension, Porygon-Z.

I know it's not a particularly strong theory, but parts of it do make sense, right?

Anime theory-Richie is the ghost of Ash's past.
Evidence-They have much the same physical features, but they are also different (hair colour).
All but one of Richie's Pokemon he uses in the anime have also been owned by Ash. However Richie nicknames his team whereas Ash doesn't, suggesting that Richie had a greater love for his team than Ash.
Several of Richie's Pokemon are pokemon that Ash dumped, eg. Butterfree, Pupitar, Charmander (became a Charizard that won't obey).
Richie's hometown is Frodomar City, a city that doesn't exist in THIS DIMENSION, suggesting he has come from another dimension.
Richie battles Butch and Cassidy multiple times during the anime, who are like a more competent Team Rocket, or how Team Rocket were meant to be. This suggests that Richie is what Ash was meant to be.
Ghosts can appear as humans in the Pokemon anime, as shown in the DP episode "Ghoul Daze".

Back