Pokemon Pokémon Theories & Speculation

While I will admit that Gengar bears some remote resemblance to Clefable, that theory is simply hogwash. Haunter evolves into Gengar via trading. Gengar isn't able to be caught in the wild. If Gengar was, in fact, Clefable's ghost, then that would not be the case. In fact, it doesn't make sense that a ghost of any Pokemon would evolve at all, and even if it did, it makes even less sense that it would evolve into the ghost of another species of Pokemon.

I don't think anyone is saying that Gengar is literally Clefairy's ghost... just that the design likely came about as a shadow counterpart to it initially.
Its very easy to imagine they only later created Haunter and Gastly as first stages of the line.

Obviously in the games now they're 2 pokemon with no relation whatsoever, but the appearance is similar enough to make you wonder.

How does golurk fly?

golurk.jpg

Oh. Like that.

Actually, In the Sinnoh saga there is an episode where Ash briefly flashes back to his youth where he is playing with his father's Rapidash. Though his father's face is never shown, he is definitely there. Plus, most movies are not tv-show-canon, so we can't truly rely on what info they provide...

Gengar is widely seen as the shadow of Clefable, but that is as far as it goes.
And who says we will not see another female professor in gen6?

RE: Pokémon Theories

Cinesra said:
Inb4 big war, Ash is in a coma, and Gengar is a ghost Clefable.

Gengar is not a ghost Clefable. Its name comes from Doppelganger, which means identical looking but not the same.

Bushy said:
Oh yeah, I forgot about that whole "Ash Coma" thing. XD;

I was hoping to touch upon and potentially discuss the more recent or less known theories and discoveries. =O

Here's another one:

I believe I may have discovered either some kind of inside joke among the staff at Game Freak or a sort of Easter egg for those in the know. It has to do with the history of the Pokémon Rhydon and the Ruins of Alph located in the Johto region.

To start off, here’s a little history lesson.
Before Pokémon, there was “Capsule Monsters,” which was Satoshi Tajiri’s early design concept of Pokémon, first proposed to Nintendo as early as 1990. Inspired by gashapon figures (think gumball machine, but with small toys), Tajiri had a difficult time attaining a trademark for Capsule Monsters, so he changed the name of his idea to “CapuMon,” and eventually “Pocket Monsters” as we know it today.

tumblr_m2htdvncbf1ql2elk.jpg

The cover of the proposal

After Pocket Monsters started going into development, Tajiri—along with longtime Game Freak artist Ken Sugimori—created their first Pocket Monster: Rhydon.
Rhydon was even around back in the Capsule Monster days, as depicted in this collage:
tumblr_m2htfk2tEk1ql2elk.jpg

This is further supported as its index number is 001 in the coding for Generation I, which could also explain as to why Rhydon—being a Rock/Ground-type—could learn the move Surf and eventually the moves Rain Dance, Whirlpool, and Aqua Tail; the creators were testing out the HM for Surf by using Rhydon as their subject.

In the Johto region, there are ruins located to the south of Violet City called the Ruins of Alph, as depicted below:
tumblr_m2hvl2TBfC1ql2elk.png

It is the home of the widely-varied but ultimately useless Pokémon by the name of Unown, who represent all 26 letters of the English alphabet as well as both the question mark and exclamation point, shown below:
tumblr_m2hv8oqygD1ql2elk.jpg

After completing a sliding panel puzzle in one of the rooms, the floor drops out from underneath you and you end up in the actual ruins where you can find these Pokemon. What’s interesting, though, is not the Pokémon you can catch, but the Pokémon on display.

Specifically, in these two screenshots here:
tumblr_m2hvuoRIWK1ql2elk.png

tumblr_m2hvv3lP2B1ql2elk.png

In Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow/Gold/Silver/Crystal, the sprite for the statue depicted in the first image is of one of the generalized “overworld sprites” for various Pokémon, including Rhydon.
tumblr_m2hwmvr2Ce1ql2elk.gif

In the second screenshot from Pokémon HeartGold/SoulSilver, it shows the same area, but the statues are clearly modeled after the Pokémon Rhydon.
tumblr_m2hwttQKdx1ql2elk.jpg

In both games, when the statues are checked, it reads: “It’s a replica of an ancient Pokémon.”

In conclusion, I believe that there may be a connection between the fact that Rhydon is considered an “ancient Pokémon” and that Rhydon was the first Pokémon ever conceived. These statues may be a form of physical representation of those facts.
That cover art is the original unfinished designs of nidorino and gengar. that is why they are in the beginning of the anime.

cf11 said:
Martini said:
I'm saying something much larger than just wings in common... Color, and so forth, physical attributes that no other Pokemon share but those two. I also completely disagree with Clefable, and Gengar... That's a massive lie...

Actually the two are related, because Gengar is Clefables shadow.

Gengar hides in everyone's shadow. Clefable's form is just the one it prefers to take

Chaos Ripper 9 said:
If you ask me, that Carracosta - Blastoise link makes a little sense, but it doesn't really go into depth about the evolution. My favorite (and only real) theory is the Ash in a Coma theory. Really sad, even though it's just a theory. But it does sorta explain how a boy seemingly conquered over 24 strong gym leaders across over 5 continents, became a Master Pokemon trainer, and befriended a BUNCH of Pokemon, with well over 500 episodes of content, in under/a little over a year, and still looks the same as he did on Episode 1, albeit a different outfit. AND save the world several times and encounter dozens of Legendary Pokemon.

Ash would have to know about all those Pokemon in advance, meaning he had already visited every region. Also, I haven't read th theory completely, but doesn't it state that Ash is just imagining animals as powered up versions? Yet he has Pikachu before the accident, proving they exist.

PsychedelicBreakfast said:
Not sure if this has been brought up yet, but does anyone think Sigilyph is related to Unown somehow? Its head is kind of reminiscent of Unown I, and it's hand/arm things are kind of like Unown E, without the eyeball (though it does have two "eyeballs" on its body). Wonder if in Gen 6 GF is going to say Sigilyph created Unown.

Gen 5 paid a lot of homage to The Legend of Zelda, which gave the idea of Sigilyph. Also, the music in Celestial Tower (I think that's the right one) is a slightly adjusted version of the Dark World theme from A Link to the Past. There are more inspirations but it's 2am and I'm tired...

Rangermon said:
Gen 5 paid a lot of homage to The Legend of Zelda, which gave the idea of Sigilyph. Also, the music in Celestial Tower (I think that's the right one) is a slightly adjusted version of the Dark World theme from A Link to the Past.
I find more similarities in Secret of the Forest from Chrono Trigger, honestly...that is, if we're both talking about Celestial Tower.

I'm sure it's the Celestial Tower... The music is almost exactly the same as the music from A Link to the Past's Light Dungeon Temple - not Dark World, my bad. Another thing to note is that Serperior is Regal, Samurott is a Swordsman and Emboar is a Pig - referencing Zelda, Link and Ganondorf. I do think inspiration was drawn from other games too but there are a few that are inspired by Zelda.

EDIT: Just looked it up, this is basically the same song as in A Link to the Past.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4u6ht7TtVo - Celestial Tower
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVWpFXtHhPc - Light World Temple

Rangermon said:
Gen 5 paid a lot of homage to The Legend of Zelda, which gave the idea of Sigilyph. Also, the music in Celestial Tower (I think that's the right one) is a slightly adjusted version of the Dark World theme from A Link to the Past. There are more inspirations but it's 2am and I'm tired...
Gen 5 also paid a large tribute to the Earthbound/Mother series, especially Mother 3. In BW, N's Farewell even samples the M3 Love theme as well as "Green train is Fun too!" in both surf themes. It also has a very slight nature vs technology theme, like in M3. There are several other references, but I can't think of them all.

I'd like to know more about the references for both TLoZ and M3 oô Didn't Play BW2 yet, but I didn't notice them in BW. And I really love that Kind of stuff =3 Please, explain xD

shitzon said:
I'd like to know more about the references for both TLoZ and M3 oô Didn't Play BW2 yet, but I didn't notice them in BW. And I really love that Kind of stuff =3 Please, explain xD
Here's some Mother 3 stuff for you (not including what was mentioned before):
>The waitress class resembles Tessie, the NPC
>The fact that there is a Dark/Dragon line
>Drilbur into Excadrill (Mischievousness Mole into Reconstructed Mole)
>Route 10 sounds similar to "Run My Dog Run"
>Black City looks similar to Moon side (that's earthbound, but whatever, or Tron)
>Nuvema's theme sounds similar to "A Letter To You Honey"
>Genesect is a chimera
>Also, both Pokemon and the Earthbound/Mother series take place in a more modern time, unlike most RPG
I think that's it.

RE: Pokémon Theories

don()shinobi said:
Blui129 said:
And that Kabutops & Genesect are related (in term of Darwinian evolution)
...and by that logic you'd tell me that Aerodactyl and Zubat are genetically related because their wings look similar. Yeah, no.
Besides, their typings--yes, I know the only reason Genesect is part Steel is because of physical modifications--are nothing alike.
Kabutops is based off of the horseshoe crab.
Genesect is based off giant insects in the Paleozoic era.
Though they existed around the same time period (presumably), I'm pretty sure crabs aren't insects.
They're nothing alike.

While your thinking is good... It is true that crabs are not insects... However they are both Arthropods... As Kabutops is based of a horseshoe crab it is very primitive.. As all arthropods share a common ancestor of trilobites the theory of Kabutops and Genesect can be valid.. Hence any other Pokemon that is classified as similar to an arthropod could possibly have common ancestry.. And the theory of Aerodactyl and Zubat is similar to the theory of Velociraptors and chickens..

CyberCat5555 said:
shitzon said:
Here's some Mother 3 stuff for you (not including what was mentioned before):
>The waitress class resembles Tessie, the NPC
>The fact that there is a Dark/Dragon line
>Drilbur into Excadrill (Mischievousness Mole into Reconstructed Mole)
>Route 10 sounds similar to "Run My Dog Run"
>Black City looks similar to Moon side (that's earthbound, but whatever, or Tron)
>Nuvema's theme sounds similar to "A Letter To You Honey"
>Genesect is a chimera
>Also, both Pokemon and the Earthbound/Mother series take place in a more modern time, unlike most RPG
I think that's it.

Genesect isn't a chimera, as another animal wasn't put into it. It was just modified with a cannon.
Also, if anything, Kyurem is more of a chimera, because of its fusion with Reshiram or Zekrom.

Does anyone know why BW has so much Mother 3 stuff in it? Mother 1 was made by Ape and Mother 2 was made by Ape and HAL. Ape was later re-named Creatures inc. and Mother 3 was made by HAL. So did GF/Creatures inc. make a contract with HAL or something?

Just my two cents below.

What if Heatran was a failed version of Registeel? They are both steel type, Registeel was made out of magma and heatran is a fire type as well, Heatran and Regigigas are next to each other in the Pokedex, and there was Heatran and Regigigas tins in DP era of the TCG. After that... that's it really. Not much evidence to prove this one, but it would be intresting if Heatran and Registeel were somewhat releated.

Again, just my two cents.

Here's an article on Pokemon Mythology. It's just a made-up story with no evidence a friend of mine wrote. It's very long so, if you don't like reading too much, this isn't for you. There is some miss-spellings I believe, but oh well.

In a time before time, in a space, before our space, there was only one single matter- The Pokerus. However, after ten million years of this emptiness, there were too many pokerus. All pokerus converged and attracted to eachother by their own gravitational force. This created a single egg, which changed in colour. These colours were reactions from different pokerus. These different pokerus are the foundations of the many different types of Pokemon that live to this day. After a thousand years, the egg finally hatched. From it sprang a beautiful pokemon that was made up of all the different types of pokerus- Aruseus. Aruseus, to this day, is thought to be the only Pokemon that has all 17 types of pokerus.

Once Aruseus was born, the egg was split into 16 pieces. These shards, more commonly known as the elemental plates, became the source of power for the pokemons of that type.
Aruseus, first drawing power from the fire orb platechanged himself to fire type, and formed the core of our Earth. After this job was done, the fire orb plate dissapeared, probably hidden somewhere near the core of the Earth .
Then, drawing power from the iron plate, created the crust, although some of the minerals were engulfed by the core. The iron plate dissapeared also.
In this way, Aruseus created the Earth through the elemental power of the plates. He used the Great land plate to form the continents, and the Water drop plate to form the sea. The Green plate to form plants, and the Larva plate to form microscopic organisms that would support the eco system. The Boulder plate to form mountains, and the icicle plate to form ice caps. The blue sky plate to form the sky, and the Thunder plate to create the lightning and energy which inhabited the sky. The spirit plate, to form the underworld and the long face plate to create darkness. Then Aruseus used the remaining plates to form the basics of civilization. The poison ooze plate to create poison, to warn everyone that not everything was good. The Fist plate, to put courage into mortal beings. The mysterious plate, to form curiousity and wonderment. Finally, the last plate, the dragon plate, remained. Aruseus used it to draw dragon Pokerus from his body, and formed three dragon clones of himself. Diaruga, Parukia, and Giradina. Diaruga was born, and Time started. Parukia was born, and Space was created, and Giradina, the last one, started the Pokerus cycle. This cycle is the most important cycle in the universe. When pokemon or humans die, their pokerus will return to return cave, where giradina inhabits. Their pokerus will be shaped into another new life form to live on the face of the Earth.

After Aruseus formed the basics of his new universe, he started to think about the beings that would inhabit it. He decided that they should be made of the same materials as himself- Pokerus. However, he decided that they should only have one or two types of Pokerus. He named the creatures Pokemon, after their building blocks, Pokerus. The first pokemon created, apart from the three dragon trio, was Mew. Mew was formed purely from Pokerus, the only pokemon to be so, apart from Aruseus himself. Mew is a biological miracle. Mew posseses the DNA, or footprint, of every single pokemon. Mew, after learning its mission from Aruseus, got straight to work. Its job was to create the pokemon that would inhabit Earth. It used it's own DNA, one at a time, plus the elemental pokerus to form each and every pokemon. For example, seel was created from the seel DNA of Mew plus Ice Pokerus, and Water Pokerus.
If Aruseus is our father, Mew is definately our mother.

After Mew created Pokemon, the land became crouded. Pokemons, being much more wild and powerful than they are today, fought over territory. War was inevitable. Pokemons grouped and fought against eachother. Many species of pokemon died out in this war. Pokemons such as Kabutops are one. This war lasted for three hundred years. Aruseus, fed up with this, ordered Mew to create a giant pokemon that would stop the war. The pokemon created was Regigigas. He single handedly divided the supercontinent into smaller continents, like Sinnoh and Kanto. He pulled the continents further apart, so that hostile pokemons would be separated from eachother. Those that survived that survived the war evolved into the pokemons we have today. Regigigas, after he finished his mission, went into a deep slumber far beneath the ground. In case something like this happened again, Mew created three pokemons- Regice, Registeel, and Regirock. The trio was the key to awakening Regigigas in time of peril. Kissaki City in Sinnoh is belived to be built above Regigigas' resting place.

Even though the war ended, thanks to Regigigas, the scars of it showed vividly on the terrain of Aruseus' world. Now, due to the damage to the ecosystem, the climate of the Earth changed. Tempests raged weekly, huge floods swept the land, droughts occured everywhere and volcanoes erupted everywhere. In an attemped to fix this problem, Aruseus ordered Mew to create two Pokemons. Kyogre, of the Sea, and Groundon, of the Land. Both controlled their territories, by calming the floods and weakening the sunlight. However, soon, Groudon went a bit too far by trying to expand the Land which he controlled. Kyogre, furious, retaliated by trying to expand the sea. Huge storms and undying droughts plagued the world for seven years. Mew, in an attempt to calm them down, created Rayquaza, for the sky. Rayquaza flew above Groudon and Kyogre and emitted a roar which was heard across the world. Groudon and Kyogre,hearing the roar, shed a single tear each. Somehow calmed, they retreated to their lair. The marine cave, and the Terra cave. Rayquaza himself retreated to the ozone layer, guarding the Earth from meteorites. The tears of Groudon and Kyogre are the fabled Blue and Red Orbs.

After so many battles and conflict, Aruseus decided that his creation was far too wild and barbaric. He decided to give them more will, wisdom, and emotions. This way, he hoped that Pokemons would be able to control themselves better and make peace through understanding eachother.
Mew was then ordered to create three pokemons representing the different morals. Mew created one single egg, and from it hatched Emuritto, Yukushii, and Agnomm. They radiated power of their morals, and they flew around the world spreading the word. Once their job was done, they lay to rest in the bottom of the three lakes in Sinnoh.

Pokemons became civilized, but this also meant that they became smarter. This led to much wickedness. They had the heart to know what was right and what was wrong. Some Pokemons chose to live the wrong. They were evil. They killed for pleasure, stole, and lied. They were no longer animals that lived on instinct, but beings that had a concience. Mew, deeply saddenned by what had happenned, decided to create a darkness in which the evil souls (or Pokerus) of the Pokemon would stay for all eternity. Thus Mew created Lugia, who would devour the Pokerus of the deceased evil. Also Mew created Ho-oh, who would collect the good Pokerus and send it to Giradina for rebirth.
Since then, there has been night and day, to remind of darkness and light, evil and justice, Lugia and Ho-oh. Those two reside in Navel rock to this day, watching over our world.

Since Mew had created Lugia and Ho-oh without Aruseus' permission, it feared that Aruseus would become enraged. Sadly, Mew's thoughts turned out to be true. Aruseus was very angry about Mew and went into a rage. He roared a terrible roar, and the Earth shook with its might. Aruseus swore to destroy Lugia and Ho-oh, along with Mew.
Mew, getting wind of this, went to Navel Rock. Too, late, Aruseus was there, and had dropped the Judgement Pebble. Lugia and Ho-oh's Pokerus was nearly destroyed. Mew, also enraged, threw a pulse bomb at Aruseus. A storm was brewing. The battle of the Gods was about to begin.

As the thunder clapped, the two Legendary Pokemon started their battle. This battle was the most ultimate battle of all time, and nearly destroyed the entire Earth. Since then, there has only been one God.
Aruseus struck first. He unleashed a lethal Judgement Pebble. Mew dodged it, although just. Mew's tail was gone. Now you might be wondering, because Mew still has a tail. This is because Mew used to have two tails. Mew retaliated with a powerful Phychic. Yet, to Mew's dismay, Aruseus had just transformed all his Pokerus into Dark element. Therefore, Mew's attack did nothing. Mew tried every single attack he knew, but Aruseus kept on changing it's type to suit the attack. Also, everytime Mew did a bit of damage, Aruseus used recover.
Mew thought "Is this how I will end? Was I never meant to defeat my master?"
A tear formed in Mew's eye.
Seeing Mew pause, Aruseus unleashed seven judgement pebbles at once. There was no escape.

As the Judgement Pebbles showered down onto Mew, he caght a glimpse of his wounded friends, Lugia and Ho-oh. As a final resort, he borrowed the pokerus of Ho-oh and Lugia. Mew himself transformed into Aruseus. As he did, he summoned all his creations. An army of pokemon was teleported from their places by Mew. As all the pokemons rushed to the aid of their creator, Mew, they combined all their Pokerus to form a barrier.
Aruseus' own power was its undoing. The Judgement pebbles were repelled and flung back at Aruseus. Its last sight of his world was all of his creations against him. Then, everything blacked out for Aruseus.
Mew, exhausted from the battle, had enough energy for one more thing. The creation of Celebi. Mew asked Cerebii to travel through time and take Aruseus back to the Beginning dimension, the world at the start of time. Celebi did that, and produced a pipe called the Heaven's pipe, should anyone need access to the Beginning Dimention. The seven Judgement Pebbles became the Sevii Islands.

After the battle, Mew cured Ho-oh and Lugia and Mew itself flew away to Faraway Island, where he resides to this day. He sometimes flies around the world, checking on the world. For Mew was the god now.
While Mew was lying exhausted in Faraway Island, evil was looking for a chance to strike. From the Dark caves of the underworld, the dark pokerus devoured by Lugia were condensing.
After a hundred years, all dark pokerus combined to form a new pokemon, Darkrai. The days that followed are a story of misery and strife. After forming, Darkrai waited, and waited, in the deep abyss of hell. When he sensed that Mew was gone, he took the chance to come up from hell and rule the Earth. He suddenly emerged from the depths as he confronted Lugia, gatekeeper of the underworld. Lugia was ordered by mew to not let any soul out of hell, so Lugia knew what to do. He opened his mouth to unleash a terrible aeroblast when suddenly, everything around it went black. All Lugia could see was those dark, cruel eyes. Was it a pokemon? Suddenly, Lugia was overcome by waves of shock and fear. Those cold eyes, staring at him. Lugia could not take it. He let out a moan of agony. He howled once, then went into a restless slumber. Darkrai, its job finished, surfaced into our world.
Hundreds of miles away, Mew heard Lugia's roar. Mew also felt a cold ripple go up its spine. It felt unworldly, something from another dimension. Mew had never felt anything as evil as this before. As though on cue, the moon in the summer sky started dissapearing. It was a lunar eclipse.

Mew gazed up at the summer sky to see a lunar eclipse. This was not a good sign. Mew instantly got up and flew from Faraway Island to Navel Rock, to find that the gates of hell had been opened. Lugia lay in front of it, tossing in its sleep. Mew tried to wake it up, but to no avail. Mew found that Ho-oh had met the same fate.
Suddenly another sensation like before had crossed its body. Mew found to its despair that the evil pokerus from hell had been gradually rising. Then suddenly without warning, darkness unleashed itself like and although Mew tried to seal the gates, it was like trying to fight a flood. More than half of the darkness had unleashed itself to the world before the gate finally sealed.
Mew watched, as darkness covered the land. Pokemon all over the world fell in a restless slumber filled with nightmares, like Lugia was having.
The moon had nearly dissapeared in the shadow. only a thin cresent. Mew, before it too fell asleep, summoned the power from the light of the cresent moon to create the cresent pokemon, Kureseria. Then, leaving its final hope with Kureseria, it too fell under Darkrai's spell.

With Mew down, Kureseria was now alone. It alone felt no unease at Darkrai's power. Kureseria felt as though it had an immunity to it, a barrier of light. Indeed there was, for Kureseria was protected by a sheet of energy from the moonlight. As long as the moon was there, Kureseria was immune to Darkrai's power. However, Kureseria gazed up to the skies, only to find that all that was left of the moon was a thin slice, evidently resisting the growing shadow. Kureseria's remaining time was not long. It had to find Darkrai immediately. With Mew down, Kureseria was now alone. It alone felt no unease at Darkrai's power. Kureseria felt as though it had an immunity to it, a barrier of light. Indeed there was, for Kureseria was protected by a sheet of energy from the moonlight. As long as the moon was there, Kureseria was immune to Darkrai's power. However, Kureseria gazed up to the skies, only to find that all that was left of the moon was a thin slice, evidently resisting the growing shadow. Kureseria's remaining time was not long. It had to find Darkrai immediately. Suddenly, the moon glowed and half was returned in light by Kureseria's light. Darkrai felt Kureseria's presence. Being made of Dark Pokerus, Darkrai was could not bear the light of the moon. He pushed back with his powers, but Kureseria would not budge. They were both pushing eachothers powers against eachother when somehow, Kureseria and Darkrai were drawn together by a mysterious force. They were both attracted towards the moon. Both met at the sky, Light and Dark. The moon lay behind them half in darkness, and half in light. This battle would decide wether the Earth would be covered in darkness, or light.

Darkrai struck first. He attempted to lull its opponent into sleep by covering the area in darkness. Quickly, darkness fell over Kureseria. Kureseria did not though, due to its powers. However, it was still completely blinded by the darkness, and was vulnerable to Darkrai's attacks. Above in the night sky, the darkness slowly moved across the face of the moon, inch, by inch. Kureseria felt its power waning, and so had to do something before the darkness covered the moon completely.
However, little did Kureseria know that Darkrai could see in the darkness, and was closing in fast. Darkrai charged up energy, and unleashed a powerful Dark Pulse. Kureseria had no time to react, and hit it full on. That did a lot of damage, and Kureseria felt its powers evaporating gradually. If it took another attack like that, it was finished. Summoning its last reserves of energy, it guided the moonlight to the darkness. Light, piercing the darkness, gave Kureseria new strength and sight.
Darkrai, noticing this, came in for the kill. It used its most powerful Dark Pulse yet, while Kureseria gathered the moonlight to form a blade. Dark met light as the Dark Pulse and Kureseria's blade clashed. After a few minutes, the blade destroyed the pulse, and struck Darkrai. Shrieking, Darkrai fell back into the depths of hell.
Mew felt itself wake up. It looked up to see the moon. A full moon. It smiled. Kureseria had prevailed.
However, Darkrai's power still lingers, causing the moon to go through the cycle of New Moon>Full Moon. During New Moon, beware- darkness rules the land.

After the battle of Kureseria and Darkrai, everything calmed down for a while. Mew was happy with its work, and Pokemon everywhere were striving. All was a peace... or so it seemed, until one fateful day, when Hard Mountain in Sinnoh erupted. There had never been an eruption before, so all the Pokemons were astonished. Many perished, and many more were wounded badly. Mew, suspecting further activities from Groudon, went to see him. However, Groudon was still in a deep slumber, and Mew concluded that he had nothing to do with it.
Going to the eruption site, the damage was now fully clear. Trees had been flattened and some areas were completely buried in ash. To Mew's grief, there were many bodies about, and some that were alive mortally wounded. Flying to the volcanic crater, it decided to investigate, when suddenly, there was a huge explosion. Lava shot up at Mew, who instantly formed a barrier around itself. Out of the smoke, emerged a Pokemon the likes that had never been seen before, Hiidoran.

Mew looked in horror as the Pokemon emerged from the smoke. It looked like a turtle, except for the fact that it was red, and steam kept coming off it. It radiated immense heat, and Mew felt itself sweating. The magma kept rolling around it, but seemed to be immune to the intense heat. Mew concluded that the magma must have condensed into a singular point, thus creating the new Pokemon. This condensation of magma had obviously triggered the eruption. As Mew watched in horror, the Pokemon continued with its destruction, causing earthquakes and eruptions. Mew had to put a stop to it. Before Hiidoran noticed, Mew flew around to the back of it and unleashed a powerful surf attack. Hiidoran, noticing the activity behind it, turned around to see a huge wave crash down on it. But before it could even make contact with the Pokemon, the wave evaporated due to the Pokemon's heat. Hiidoran glared at the Pokemon riding the wave- Mew. It roared, and opened its mouth to unleash an intense Heat Wave at its opponent. It had declared battle.

Mew, thinking quickly, formed a shield of ice to coat itself in. The heat melted the ice, but Mew had not been hurt.
Hiidoran, noticing this, harnessed the energy of the volcano to create a Magma Storm. The Magma from the crater suddenly started swirling, creating a huge storm. Mew had no time to react, as it got trapped within the storm. The immense force of it battered and burned Mew. However, thinking of a quick plan, coated an aqua ring around it and found the 'eye' of the storm. Once Mew was in it, it traveled down to the bottom of the crater, and struck with a huge earthquake. Suddenly, the rocks slid down, causing an avalanche. When the smoke cleared, Hiidoran was seen buried beneath the rubble. Mew had escaped just in time, using teleport at the last moment. Looking back, Mew saw the earth tremors die down, and noticed that the heat had decreased a fair bit. Satisfied, Mew went back to Faraway Island.
Hiidoran is still sealed beneath the volcanic rocks today. Although it is sealed, Hiidoran's power is not fully gone. Volcanic eruptions occur occasionally, when Hiidoran's power is at its peak point.

After the hard battle with Hiidoran, Mew decided that Pokemons were too unruly to fully live by themselves. They needed a partner in the world, something that could co-operate with them and control them. Of course, Mew did not intend to give them full control, they would merely be equals, who will help and be helped by the Pokemon.
So, out of the Earth, he created a man and a woman, and called the species humans. They had no special power, but had a far greater intellegence than the average Pokemon. With that done, he sent the man and woman into the world, where they spread and prospered, learning to co-operate with Pokemon. Mew created a law that Pokemon and Humans must respect each other, and any disobeying this law will be punished. These two laws are upheld by two Pokemon, Latias and Latios.

After a few thousand years since Mew created humans, they had expanded across the globe, and prospered, creating many marvels with their intellegence. They lived in perfect harmony with Pokemons for many generations. That was until humans decided to try and harness the legendary powers of the fabeled dragon trio- Parukia, Diaruga, and Giratina - by awakening them from their sleep and using their extraordinary powers. They succeeded in waking them up- however, the three were enraged by the fact that they were being used, and killed every single one of the research team. Emmiting a horrible roar, the three called for all Pokemon to unite against humans. A war was brewing.
Mew, on Faraway Island, heard it, and went to investigate. It saw three Pokemon the likes he had never seen before. This was because Mew was created after the creation of the Dragon Trio. Of course, it had heard about it, but to see it in real life was completely different. Mew was powerless to stop them.

As the Pokemons heard the Trio’s horrible roar, all Pokemon began to attack humans. Led by the Legendary Dragon Trio, Pokemon’s raged a violent war against mankind. They raided houses, killing off any humans that they saw. No human was safe from the new threat. Humans at first were surprised by the sudden attack, and many failed to retaliate, being slaughtered instantly. However, over time, humans became more organised, starting to resist the attack by Pokemon. They used their superior intelligence to create terrible weapons, capable of mass destruction. These weapons were never seen before, or have been seen, since the war.
And so the humans fought back with their newly developed weapons, which caught the Pokemon by surprise. They had not expected so much resistance. Many Pokemon were caught off guard, and were killed. Every day battle raged around the world, wether it be Kanto, Sinnoh, or Orre. Many Pokemon and humans died, leaving the world bloodstained. Mew watched helplessly as the world tore itself apart.

Throughout the time of war, many people and Pokemon alike died. Many resented this on both sides, and over time, a new group began to emerge. These opposed the war, and started forming an alliance. This alliance sought for peace between the two sides. However, during the warring times, this was difficult and extremely dangerous. All those in the alliance left their homes and sought for a new one, where Pokemons and humans could live together in harmony.
Meanwhile, humans had perfected their destructive artillery, and finally created the most destructive weapon that had ever been seen on the face of our Earth. They called it Ultima. The weapon literally vaporized the Pokerus of all Pokemon, making rebirth impossible, and no chance for any survival. Time ticked down towards the holocaust.
After ages of searching, they found a new land, and the alliance founded a utopia called Arcadia. From stolen information from both sides, the alliance created a device called the Aurora, a shield which protected Arcadia from any kind of attack. After completion of the Aurora, the alliance lived a peaceful life. That was until, of course, the humans unleashed Ultima. However, this went terribly wrong. Due to miscalculations, the power was much stronger than anticipated, and wiped out all humans, as well as Pokemons.
Still, one group remained alive. Arcadia. The Aurora had protected them, and all those inside the shield lived. All of us are descended from the members of Arcadia, Pokemon and humans alike.
Mew, who had witnessed the tragedy, looked upon the barren landscape. It created Sheimi, from which sprouted new flora. The plants then spread across the continents, refilling the land. It lives to this day, as a memoir to that terrible war, and as a symbol of peace and reconciliation.

mother of god. "tl;dr" as response isnt even funny here.

someone who read it tell us if it has any fresh takes and twists on the usual "arceus created universe yadayada.. rest of legends yadayada.."

I saw that Arceus' plates are used as origins for types and what they represent but gave up after I noticed its like 20times as long.

The problem I have with these stories is that they're all biased towards the legends we know so far as the important characters *points at Arceus*.

I mean, we probably haven't seen even 10% of the pokemon world, I think its highly unlikely that we already saw the most epic legends in the first few.
I hope gamefreak adds more creation legends to confuse everyone and make these stories less "1+1"-difficulty to come up with lolol

Arceus' TBS isnt even that much higher, (Its probably just 720 because 110 in all stats would have been weaker than mascots) and there could be any number of uber legendaries with stories about them creating the universe in different ways or by defining different aspects first depending on what culture the people telling them have etc.

@Mitja, I'm not going to recomend it, as it was majorly confusing. But it wasn't a bad story, just needs a re-tuning.
Unfortunately, a majority of it does not like up with what we consider canon from the games. I'm not going to bother listing everything I don't agree with, but a good bit of it would be:

-Arceus created the seas and continents, and Mew (who apparently created all Pokemon) created Kyogre and Groudon to later fix the their realms when the environment became damaged. This occurred after Regigigas moved the continents to stop a war. Groudon began expanding land mass, which caused Kyogre to retaliate. Mew then created Rayquaza. Rayquaza began to roar, causing the two giants to cry and retreat into a deep slumber.
-Mew is the Pokegod, not Arceus, because he apparently defeated Arceus and had him sent back in time (thanks to Celebi, who Mew also created, obviously). During their battle, Mew had his tail shot off. [sarcasm]That's ok though! He had two![/sarcasm]
-In addition, Mew creating every Pokemon and human save the Dragon trio, Arceus, and himself.
-Lugia is the guardian of the underworld, instead of the sea.
-Giratina takes good souls from Ho-oh, and gives them rebirth. He also was never exiled.

And a good 2 paragraphs of it is Darkrai (who was made of leftover dark matter from hell) vs Cresselia (who was also created by Mew).

So basically, the TL;DR is:
Mew created everything and can do everything. Everything he doesn't want to/can't do he creates some other beast to do.

While this is not a theory but mere speculation, I think that we might get to see more darker cities and places and human's harmful action on the Pkworld...I was reading about New and Sea Mauville, Wattson and the Infinite Energy and thinking that we had Virbank City back in Isshu, the ultimate weapon in XY and now this with corporate action (Mauville's and Mr. Stone's) to the mix...I'm liking what I'm seeing, a return to the darker days of Pokémon with a not so perfect and happy world in the games.

This theory just happened to come across my mind randomly one day and the more I thought about it the more evidence it had to back it up.
Now my theory is that pokemon or the people who make pokemon are making them in a cycle. And the cycle is every four generations. So generation 1-2-3-4 is cycle one. And with generation 5 the cycle started over.
So generation 1=generation 5.
Generation 2=generation 6.
And this cycle may continue with generation 3=generation 7.

Now the facts to back this up (Generation 1=generation 5):

-Generation 1 before 5 had the most pokemon with 151. Then 5 came along with 156. Both generations introduced the largest number of pokemon. And if we talk with the cycle happening every 4 generations then both Gen 1 and Gen 5 introduced the most pokemon for their cycle. (kinda confusing, I know)
-Gen 1 and Gen 5 both have legendary pokemon who were created by science. And both those pokemon have a purple color scheme.
-In Gen 1 games you could only catch Gen 1 pokemon. And in Gen 5 at least the first versions you could only catch Gen 5 pokemon. (at the first half).
-Both Gen 1 and Gen 5 have a legendary trio that are all flying types.(legendary birds and the forces of nature).

Now for Generation 2=Generation 6:

-Gen 2 before 6 had the smallest amount of pokemon with 100. Then 6 came along with 72. So both generations introduced the smallest number of pokemon. And again if we talk about the cycles they introduced the smallest amount of pokemon to their cycle.
-Both Gen 2 and 6 introduced new types to the game. Gen 2 being steel and dark. Gen 6 being fairy.
-Both Generations, with the introduction of the new types changed older pokemons types to the new type or added it to its already existing type. (Magnemite was electric, now its electric and steel. Gardevoir was psychic, now its psychic and fairy).
-Both generations introduced eeveelutions that reflect the new types introduced. (For gen 2 at least one of the types).
-Both Gen 2 and Gen 6 mascot legendaries have similar characteristics. Xerneas color scheme is mostly blue. And lugia, while dominantly white is associated with the color blue. Both Ho-Oh and Yveltal's color scheme is red/reddish orange. And both Ho-Oh and Yveltal have flying as a type and are associated with the sky.

Other than that I really have nothing. Now this could be a huge coincidence as is with all theories. And I know I'm kinda grasping at straw with a couple of these. And of course Gen 1 and 5, Gen 2 and 6 won't be exactly the same, game freak/nintendo has to change it up. But maybe they have a template/layout they follow.
Anyway, I'd like to hear your ideas on this. Whether its plausible or its not. If you have more to add that could back this up. I would love to hear it!

Back