Spin-Off Pokémon Rumble World - Troubles Catching Bosses

RealSlim

Dragons Breeder
Hey guys, I have lots of troubles while trying to catch Pokémon Rumble World's bosses: why, everytime I beat the boss, it gives me the giant coint and I can't catch it? How can I catch them?

Thank you :)

ilovecommas

Cute Trainer
I noticed the same thing. From what the Pokemon Rumble website says, it sound to me like it is random when a Pokemon becomes your friend (or not). Like it isn't something you do or don't do when fighting, it is just by chance. Does anyone know if that seems true or not?

I did notice my Pokemon would attack when near an "enemy" weather I hit attack or not - I thought if I didn't knock out all the HP then I could befriend one, but I never got that to work...

steffenka

Miss Vaanjie
I think it's random wether or not you get to befriend Pokemon. I've gotten several bosses myself, so I think you just have to keep trying!

MegaBeedrill

This isn't even my final form!
If the boss has gold sparkles surrounding it, then it is a guarenteed capture when defeated. This is also the case for nonboss pokemon. The variable that triggers this is completely random from the time the boss is generated unforunately.

When a pokemon is "wobbly" which basicly means it's dazed or unable to move (like you when you get knocked back by them) then they will drop a toy when defeated while in these state. Triggering the wobble status isn't fun either as that's RNG on it's own.. you can run a false swipe user, and when a boss goes into a cooldown mode (it'll just sit there, close it's eyes, and take hits) spam the move as much as possible.. and hope eventually you get a wobble, which then defeat it. You can buy upgrades to increase the chances of a wobble in the shop as you level up, but nothing you'll get a guarenteed wobble with.

In normal conditions, with no sparkles, and no wobble, it's pure RNG as to the number of coins, and whether or not the toy drops.

There is an exploit (trick) to dealing with this, using play coins you can press visitors on the bottom right corner of your bottom screen, and call someone online. These people you call online will appear infront of your castle, and when you talk to them, they can teleport you back to the area you just recently fought at. This is extremely helpful for rematching those rare 3 star bosses. Doing this is basicly similar to softreseting the three star stage, with the same exact layouts, map, and boss pokemon, except everytime, the pokemon you encounter up to the boss are rerandomized, and the "sparkle" status has another chance to occur on the boss. Of course this cost 1-3 diamonds though..

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I've been having trouble with this as well. I even got a Nidoran that knows Focus Energy and a Wobbly Tree Lv. 1 and I'm still not having much luck with catching bosses.

MegaBeedrill said:
There is an exploit (trick) to dealing with this, using play coins you can press visitors on the bottom right corner of your bottom screen, and call someone online. These people you call online will appear infront of your castle, and when you talk to them, they can teleport you back to the area you just recently fought at. This is extremely helpful for rematching those rare 3 star bosses. Doing this is basicly similar to softreseting the three star stage, with the same exact layouts, map, and boss pokemon, except everytime, the pokemon you encounter up to the boss are rerandomized, and the "sparkle" status has another chance to occur on the boss. Of course this cost 1-3 diamonds though..

They don't always ask for Diamonds at first actually, sometimes you can pay 500 P to return to those areas. But the second time you talk to them, they will start asking for Diamonds.

EDIT:

Also, if you get a Gutsy Pokemon, that also increases the chance of wobbling.

MegaBeedrill

I've gotten wobble lv. 4 and after about 50 false swipes on latias I gave up and just took it down. There is alot RNG to the whole wobble thing.

Another thing to consider is you can only make boss pokemon wobble during their "cooldown" phaze. Let them attack a few times, keep your distance and dodge, and you'll see them close their eyes (if they can) and just remain dorimant in one spot. The time window during the cooldown period is fairly small, however, triggering the cooldown phaze is pretty easy. It seems like after it uses it's primary attack a few times it has to do a cooldown.

Also don't confuse the cooldown for the rage or retaliation where you miss every hit.

All in all, I had better success just retrying and waiting for those sparkles after a few battles. In the case of a 3 star I'd use the miis.

I think the miis met in spotpass and streetpass will work for going back but using play coins at the start of the game will pretty much set you for life on that end. I forget how many play coins the ignitial startup is but afterward it's 10 play coins to call 3 miis or "friends online".

One thing I should add, you're more than likely going to wobble a pokemon using stronger attacks. As I've mention earlier, all the false swipes did very little..

However just now, 3 bosses in a row I managed to get to wobble using a 905 shadow claw aegislash.

RealSlim

Dragons Breeder
MegaBeedrill said:
I've gotten wobble lv. 4 and after about 50 false swipes on latias I gave up and just took it down. There is alot RNG to the whole wobble thing.

Another thing to consider is you can only make boss pokemon wobble during their "cooldown" phaze. Let them attack a few times, keep your distance and dodge, and you'll see them close their eyes (if they can) and just remain dorimant in one spot. The time window during the cooldown period is fairly small, however, triggering the cooldown phaze is pretty easy. It seems like after it uses it's primary attack a few times it has to do a cooldown.

Also don't confuse the cooldown for the rage or retaliation where you miss every hit.

All in all, I had better success just retrying and waiting for those sparkles after a few battles. In the case of a 3 star I'd use the miis.

I think the miis met in spotpass and streetpass will work for going back but using play coins at the start of the game will pretty much set you for life on that end. I forget how many play coins the ignitial startup is but afterward it's 10 play coins to call 3 miis or "friends online".

One thing I should add, you're more than likely going to wobble a pokemon using stronger attacks. As I've mention earlier, all the false swipes did very little..

However just now, 3 bosses in a row I managed to get to wobble using a 905 shadow claw aegislash.

That's true. I make them attack while I run around them and kill other Pokémon, I wait for the cooldown and hit as hard as possible and if the boss wakes up, I start running around again 'till the new cooldown and then I kill 'em: killing them while they're in this state increases the catch rate, I guess. Making them wobbling is freaking rare... and yes, the sparkles are a 100% catch rate, from my recent experience.

The last I caught was Groudon: everytime I killed it during the cooldown, but never caught in this way, so I spent diamonds and diamonds to rematch and I caught it when it was sparkling.

ilovecommas

Cute Trainer
I've had better luck the more I play. I also think when you use an effective Pokemon with a special ability (I guess you could call it that- where the Pokemon's name and ability will be in red rather than white) that helps with boss captures. Or at least I had more luck when I used a "special" Pokemon rather than a regular one.

Mitja

veteran smartass
the price for the miis depends on how many stars the level has... meaning they'll want diamonds for the bigger bosses. 500P is only for the crappy version of the level

ilovecommas

Cute Trainer
RealSlim said:
Guys I'm at rank 35, do you know when I'll be able to use megaevolution?

I read at rank 33 the king will give you a stone shop. It should appear outside his castle with the other shops. Megastones are 5 diamonds each.

Maybe try going and talking to him.

RealSlim

Dragons Breeder
ilovecommas said:
RealSlim said:
Guys I'm at rank 35, do you know when I'll be able to use megaevolution?

I read at rank 33 the king will give you a stone shop. It should appear outside his castle with the other shops. Megastones are 5 diamonds each.

Maybe try going and talking to him.
No, now I know: at rank 33 you will not get anything. You have to complete a specific challenge in order to receive the Stone Shop, and this challenge will appear in 8 days from today (challenges are daily, unless you pay with your rank level but you have to be at least at lvl 33, so...), if you started your first challenge the 8th of April (when the game was published). Oh well...

MegaBeedrill

The challenges don't have to be daily. I've already done 40 ranks of challenges since the game released. Talk to the king and below the "Hear king's request" option, press "Can't wait till tomorrow Rank+" where it will give you a new challenge immidiantly..

MegaBeedrill

Double post cause for some reason the edit button won't work

It also costed no diamonds for me to do that.. the only requirement is the level and of course complete the previous challenges prior to that.

RealSlim

Dragons Breeder
MegaBeedrill said:
The challenges don't have to be daily. I've already done 40 ranks of challenges since the game released. Talk to the king and below the "Hear king's request" option, press "Can't wait till tomorrow Rank+" where it will give you a new challenge immidiantly..
Omg, you're freaking right, I'm feeling so dumb right now ahahahah :D I tought that, using the bottom "Can't wait till tomorrow", I had to pay with my ranking, I don't know why :(

Lol, in 30 minutes I completed like 8 challenges and now I'm able to use the megaevolution ;)

King Arceus

Aspiring Trainer
Elite Member
Advanced Member
So I just got my first EPIC Pokemon. Unfortunately it was a Nidoran-F and not something more useful, but I'll find a way to make it work. Right now it has Hone Claws and Poison Fang. Amongst its abilities are Healthy, Lucky++, Speedy, and Snappy. It does make a distinct noise when a Pokemon you defeated is EPIC. Also the background color of the Pokemon was purple with a spotlight type effect. In case your curious Rank 51 and Special Trait Tree level 6.

ilovecommas

Cute Trainer
Hey, if you guys don't mind to add me to your friends list please PM me. I need four more friends so that so that I can get free diamonds in the game. If you don't have a lot of room you can delete me as soon as we meet online :)

King Arceus

Aspiring Trainer
Elite Member
Advanced Member
ilovecommas said:
Hey, if you guys don't mind to add me to your friends list please PM me. I need four more friends so that so that I can get free diamonds in the game. If you don't have a lot of room you can delete me as soon as we meet online :)

I'll add you. I could use more free diamonds since I'm starting to run low.

I also am attaching a screenshot that shows what an Epic Pokemon on the ground will look like since I encountered another one this morning. The purple one is Epic; the yellow is a one trait Pokemon.

Attachments

• epic-trait.JPG
    epic-trait.JPG
    48.4 KB · Views: 20