Discussion Pokémon Manga Got Me Crazy

Watcher

Aspiring Trainer
This is first post in this forum
Well I'm a pokefan like you guys too,watched a lot of the anime and played some games and now a Pokémon Go trainer.
But very recently I have been reading the manga and it kinda got me really disturbed not because of the violence and gore it had but also because of the fact that the Elite 4 are actually genocidal villains and the 3 gym leaders are actually team rocket admins and the gym leader Pryce whom I liked very much from the anime actually turns out to be a serial killer in the manga who has no problems killing children. In the manga Pokémon are just killing each other in battles and I am just not going into the perversion it has in all. So I just want to know what is the real Pokémon the one in the anime or the one in the manga. The manga doesn't really look like it's for kids...

As for what is the "real" Pokemon canon it's the stuff that we get within the mainline video games. Everything else is considered to be spin-off, filler, or a different interpretation of the games' events no matter how official or popular the anime/manga/etc are. And from what I've seen there is no happy medium between the kid friendly anime and the violent manga. For what it's worth, the original creators of Pokemon have gone on to say that they really enjoy the manga as it fits with their original idea for the series. Other shounen manga in Japan, especially today, are equally violent and some even more so despite being targeted to younger audiences.

One thing that i actually like about the manga is that, I may sound dark, but people DIE. In the mangas, they aren't afraid to shy away from the fact that most stuff you do in Pokemon, you can actually die from, like how in the Original story ark in Kanto, Giovanni killed 2 Magnar but cutting them in half. Not the mention they have more dept and lore in them. It actually show what may happen if the enemy wins. Lance almost destroyed Kanto and would have won, except that Lugia came in to stop it. If not for that small lore tidbit, it shows that without Legendary Pokemon, they are likely to win. However, there will always be plot are.

One thing that i actually like about the manga is that, I may sound dark, but people DIE. In the mangas, they aren't afraid to shy away from the fact that most stuff you do in Pokemon, you can actually die from, like how in the Original story ark in Kanto, Giovanni killed 2 Magnar but cutting them in half. Not the mention they have more dept and lore in them. It actually show what may happen if the enemy wins. Lance almost destroyed Kanto and would have won, except that Lugia came in to stop it. If not for that small lore tidbit, it shows that without Legendary Pokemon, they are likely to win. However, there will always be plot are.

Sorry, but a game based on the manga is NEVER going to happen. Simply because of the word you bolded; die. This is a series that is firmly entrenched in the "E for Everyone" category. And it's never going to budge from that category. This is a child-friendly series, and yes, the manga is vastly more mature and dark; but that environment just won't work in a game.

Nintendo and Game Freak don't want to hear stories from angry parents about how their child got "scarred for life" when they had to gruesomely kill a wild Pokemon. It just won't work.

Sorry, but a game based on the manga is NEVER going to happen. Simply because of the word you bolded; die. This is a series that is firmly entrenched in the "E for Everyone" category. And it's never going to budge from that category. This is a child-friendly series, and yes, the manga is vastly more mature and dark; but that environment just won't work in a game.

Nintendo and Game Freak don't want to hear stories from angry parents about how their child got "scarred for life" when they had to gruesomely kill a wild Pokemon. It just won't work.
But hey man. We can wish and hope

This is first post in this forum
Well I'm a pokefan like you guys too,watched a lot of the anime and played some games and now a Pokémon Go trainer.
But very recently I have been reading the manga and it kinda got me really disturbed not because of the violence and gore it had but also because of the fact that the Elite 4 are actually genocidal villains and the 3 gym leaders are actually team rocket admins and the gym leader Pryce whom I liked very much from the anime actually turns out to be a serial killer in the manga who has no problems killing children. In the manga Pokémon are just killing each other in battles and I am just not going into the perversion it has in all. So I just want to know what is the real Pokémon the one in the anime or the one in the manga. The manga doesn't really look like it's for kids...
Tbh I feel as if by making the manga, they tried to depict what would happen if pokemon were real in the current world.

Back