BW/BW2 Pokémon Global Link/Dream World Guide

kirdneh said:
also, the playing with wailoid is MUCH longer than the time it says, especially towards the end. one second is about 5 seconds during the final 10.
It's supposed to be the amount of time that it says; however due to the lag that can be experienced, the seconds take a lot longer to pass than normal. If there's almost no lag, then one second is one second. If there is lag, then one second is a bit longer, but the Pokemon moves the same amount of distance anyway.

Although, you bringing up that the final 10 takes much longer is an interesting insight. I'll have to go confirm that myself on a future visit.

Also in Sky Race if you rapidly click your mouse while moving the cursor Peliper moves slightly faster and you get more points if you click and don't hit much XD. I have noticed this when the speed bar is maxed or even stop clicking. If you stop clicking Pelliper moves a bit slower than if you click the mouse. Cheap trick but it works XD.:)

Hi guys!

I actually have some screenshots of the Icy Cave, plus the new Frozen Treat Sweep game exclusive to that area. However, these are all after the GL reboot.
Thus, I have a personal question.

I currently have screenshots of what the GL main page looks like and how to access your profile and all that...but they are all from the old site design. Would you guys like me to update the screenshots for those particular sections to match the new site design, or should I not bother?

I'm thinking I should, just so people know where to find stuff (the new GL look is a bit more confusing than the old one). For the purposes of this guide to be comprehensive, do you think I should?

Yeah, I'd do it. We updated the PO screenshots when that look was changed, and they seem easy enough to get.

All right, I'll add that to my to-do list. It should only take me a few days to get them up; I'll let you know when I do.

Screenshots updated!

Added:

~Newer screenshots of PGL Main page, profile, Game Sync ID input, and Dream Pal list.
~Screenshot of entering the Icy Cave
~Screenshots from the Frozen Treat Sweep minigame (plus info thereof in the minigame explanation section)

If you think anything needs to be added, let me know!

Don't forget to mention in the ice game if you get Pichu your speed increases drastically compared to the other Pokemon that you get and your Pokemon is chosen randomly. Just wanted to point this out for any first time players XD.:)

xxashxx said:
Don't forget to mention in the ice game if you get Pichu your speed increases drastically compared to the other Pokemon that you get and your Pokemon is chosen randomly. Just wanted to point this out for any first time players XD.:)
No, they all move at the same speed. I've gotten Pichu, Oshawott, Scraggy, and 1 other one that I don't remember the name of right now. There's no difference in movement.

Pichu only looks like it's moving faster because it's smaller.

What? I have gotten Scraggy and Oshawatt and they never move as fast as pichu. Usually my Oshawatt or Scraggy fall in the water more often than Pichu XD. I can tell the speed differences XD. Oshawatt and Scraggy move much slower XD. Pichu picks things up faster than any other Pokemon XD. BTW. Don't forget that Beartic stomps the ground for more items to fall XD.:)

I think I did point out somewhere that, twice per game, treats fall everywhere from the ceiling.

Also, the ice cracking has nothing to do with speed; it has to do with how many times that panel was stepped on. If any square of ice is stepped on 3 times, it breaks. (Or maybe it's 4; I'll look again.)

But there's no speed differences between the three (four?) of them. Everyone, friend or foe, always moves at exactly the same speed.

You know what we need?
We need a way to take the Pokemon's held berry and plant it in the GL.
I'm not sure if this is "cOLD mOLD on a sLATE pLATE" as they say in other forums, but that would be friggin amazing. I could actually find a use for my Enigma berry.

RotomRules64 said:
You know what we need?
We need a way to take the Pokemon's held berry and plant it in the GL.
I'm not sure if this is "cOLD mOLD on a sLATE pLATE" as they say in other forums, but that would be friggin amazing. I could actually find a use for my Enigma berry.

Watch them not do that. I'd really like to be able to plant berries in game again, the Dream World is too much of a hassle to use.

Yeah. What we need in B2/W2 is the greenhouse/garden in Mistralton City, you should be able to plant berries there.
Holy shoot, how has nobody thought of that yet?!

RotomRules64 said:
Yeah. What we need in B2/W2 is the greenhouse/garden in Mistralton City, you should be able to plant berries there.
Holy shoot, how has nobody thought of that yet?!

That's still too inconvenient, since it's only one place in all of Unova. I'd like to be able to plant berries pretty much anywhere.

It's come to my attention that when one logs into Dream World with a BW2 game, new minigames such as the Drink-Serving game appear. (This is the first time I've ever done this, so I'm quite surprised!) Edit: Actually, when logged in with BW2, it seems that EVERY Pokemon plays a minigame different to what you'd get if you played with BW1.

I'll work on getting some screenshots up next week of the Drink-Serving game, plus any new games I happen to come across.

Edit: Drink-Serving game is apparently very simple. This shouldn't take long for me to get used to.

Apparently, the treasure box minigame (originally from the Hero Victini event) has made its return as a regular minigame!
I've added a description and screenshots of it accordingly.

If there's anything that looks unclear, or if you have any suggestions to add to the OP, let me know so I can spruce it up.

Meh, I just learnt today that when you go to the dream world with BW2, you start from 0 all over gain: 0 points, 0 berries [except the 5 type-specific ones], 0 dolls, 0 dream pals... I thought we would be able to get the things we already have associated with the other game card...

Well, can we even share things between the two game cards (like berries)? I don't see me being able to add myself as a dream pal since the account is the same for both games.
Though this also means I can have two pokémon in the dream world at the same time, one for each game, right?

Correct, all the games share is the Global Link account they are on. So one pokemon can be tucked in for each game at the same time.

Well, can we even share things between the two game cards (like berries)? I don't see me being able to add myself as a dream pal since the account is the same for both games.
You're now able to visit your Trade Pals through the Dream World as well, directly. If you managed to have your 2 games trade with each other at all (which you would need a 2nd DS for, which you may or may not have), then you could add yourself as a Dream Pal that way.

But yeah, when I opened up my White 2 and connected it to the Dream World, all the items and points (and promotions) and such were completely separate from my Black 1.

Back