Pokémon Generations - New Animated Series of Shorts!

Dino.Collector

@Primal.Army General- Gold Star & Gen 3 Collector
This seems awesome! Can't wait to follow the series. Should be more interesting than the normal Anime!

Green778

It's always darkest before the dawn...
animated-amazed-meme-smiley-emoticon.gif

Brilliant Idea, can't wait to see some real Pokemon Anime...

Last edited:

Saarebas

Aspiring Trainer
I have my concerns about this. Origins was a huge disappointment, primarily because they tried to shove the entire plot of Red and Blue into four 20-minute episodes.

So what exactly are these shorts going to be about? From the implied battle between Blue and Lance, I'm gonna guess these are the events we the player characters didn't get to see. So I guess we're gonna see things like Giovanni taking over Silph Co.? The post puts emphasis on villains, so are we going to get in-depth stories about them? (also - where are Archie and Maxie?)

Scattered mind

Competitive VG Forums Mod
Forum Mod
You have already done short stories of Gen 1. You saw how everyone loved it and how everyone said it was better than the current anime. So what did you do? You made more short stories..

Give us an alternative full series already!

Green778

It's always darkest before the dawn...
I have my concerns about this. Origins was a huge disappointment, primarily because they tried to shove the entire plot of Red and Blue into four 20-minute episodes.

Pokemon Origins were never a disappointment. I respect your own opinion, but the majority of the fans (including my own friends) absolutely found them enjoyable and understood that: the whole plot of RBY couldn't "fit" in 80 mins. Some battle scenes were amazing and it was... "As the Pokemon Anime Should Have been in the first place..."

Personally, I'm more sceptical about the "5min videos" rather than the actual story. But from what I can see they'll be stories concerning legendaries, and side characters, like: How Blue became the champion, How Looker acts like a Detective, How some legendaries awakened, etc.

RealSlim

Dragons Breeder
Origins was a huge disappointment? Oh gosh it was the greatest anime for Pokémon since 1996.

Skyleaf2000

Resident UB Enthusiast
HO-OH!! I SEE HO-OH!! HAHAHAHA!!
Firebird and cursed dragon make their reappearance!
AND IS THAT LOOKER I SEE?? AND GHETSIS???
I CAN'T WAIT.

Saarebas

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon Origins were never a disappointment. I respect your own opinion, but the majority of the fans (including my own friends) absolutely found them enjoyable and understood that: the whole plot of RBY couldn't "fit" in 80 mins. Some battle scenes were amazing and it was... "As the Pokemon Anime Should Have been in the first place..."

Origins is like a middle-of-the-road candy compared to Red and Blue. I can see why a lot of people enjoy it, but it's not really good, and certainly not what we fans deserve. And they messed with Giovanni's character in an unforgivable way. Good animation, though.

Spring Sun Warrior

Aspiring Trainer

So what exactly are these shorts going to be about? From the implied battle between Blue and Lance, I'm gonna guess these are the events we the player characters didn't get to see. So I guess we're gonna see things like Giovanni taking over Silph Co.? The post puts emphasis on villains, so are we going to get in-depth stories about them? (also - where are Archie and Maxie?)

i remember me and my friends flipping out over origins and how we wished it was its own series. im so excited for new Pokémon anime stuff!

Videoland

Aspiring Trainer
I would love to see a story about how Ho-Oh revived those pokémon that became Suicune, Raikou and Entei.

Queno138

Metal Balls Trainer
The scene with Perfect Zygarde rising,
the trainer in question is Red from ORIGINS!

The HYPE is real!!!

Possible arcs:
1. Green defeating Elite Four, before he reigned champion
2. Ho-oh reviving Raikou Entei and Suicune
3. Red somehow has an involvement with Zygarde!? (epic cutscene with light shining through,
all the way over the overworld).
The rivers along the overworld seem reminiscent of Kalos, not Kanto
(the cutscene with minecart riding and Noivern attacking them could indicate Terminus Cave)
4. Looker sidequest?
5. Lance VS Red Gyarados
6. Heatran Battle on Battle Arena!
7. Regigigas Battle! (temple in DPPt)

Last edited: