Pokemon Pokémon Designs You Dislike?

RE: Which Pokémon designs you don't like and why?

I really don't like Reuniclus...especially in Gen 6 when it looks like a ridiculously huge, horrifying balloon creature. Ambipom's udder-looking tail fingers (there's a phrase you don't see often...) could've been designed much better in my opinion...actually, they're similar to Reuniclus's fingers, which might be another reason I don't like him (leave the udders to Miltank!). I don't mind the elemental monkeys' base forms, but their evolutions just look ridiculous.

Ursaring kinda bugs me a little. It's just a bear with a ring painted on it. Nothing special although I do like to imagine when critical hits land, it's in that ring. Seeing what other series has done with that animal it seems a little lazy. No hate on Ursaring though.

Ludicolo looks ridiculous but I love it. Lilipads look great but fashioned into a sombrero is bonkers.

Infernape looks like a rejected Pokemon. Just doesn't look like a Pokemon to me. Or maybe because the ape was done before in the series and much better.

Lickilicky, Tangrowth and Rhyperior all looked like forced evolutions. They fit with the bulky evolutions of Electabuzz and Magmar but weren't wanted or needed.

A lot of gen 5 doesn't look that great. They must have hired the guy who did Infernape.

For me, I'm not a huge fan of Dragonite. I really like Dratini and Dragonair's design, but Dragonite just doesn't seem to fit in with that. It could definitely be a design on its own, or a separate evolution like Politoad.

Probably not a popular opinion, but I prefer Gible to its evolutions. Something about Gible is cute, tough and cool all at the same time. But then again, I really like the Chespin line, so clearly my tastes are quite a bit different :)

Gengar.

I love the Pokemon itself and the design is okay but just doesnt feel right to me
When I was a kid I played Pokemon blue and one of my favorite Pokemon was Haunter . I simply loved the gass ghost thing with its hands floatting around and never knew it had an evolution. Then when I found out about it I was disappointed.
What happaned to the floatting hands ? Why didnt they make floating legs ?
It took me a long time to get used to it and I even battle with Gengar today a lot but it still bothers me that I like its preevolutions design much more.

Well even if it sounds harsh, but I hate Mr. Mime... I fear clowns, they're pure horror for me. Also I don't like pantomimes.... they do cool stuff, but they look so scary! And Mr. Mime looks and akts like clowns and pantomimes x.x The animation in X/Y gives me the creeps!

Rapidash- I don't have anything against this poke, quite the contrary, I like/love it.But it doesn't really look different to Ponyta. It just looks more "mature", has a horn and stonger flames. It's nearly the same, not even a second type or anything =/

Mega Manectric- Well I'll make it short. It looks like a wandering yellow iceberg... It could be the type electro and ice when you just see it....

Bibarel- It's not my favourite pokemon (mostly because I don't like beavers or other rodents). But there's nothing wrong with the design itself. But the sprite in X/Y. It looks like a swaying plank =( And a bit too much butt for me >.<

Lopunny- it has too much sexapeal for a pokemon =( It's like a fusion of Lola Bunny (looney tunes) and a World of warcraft character (the eyebrows)

Vanilluxe- It's cute but... everytime I see it.... I want to eat ice xD Bad Pokemon, stop playing with my appetite D=

Diggersby- What happened to cute little Bunnelby ? D= Did it have depressions and started eating too much? Also it's call sounds like a grown up burp...

Everyone has opinions and that's what make the character designs great.

I like most Pokemon in all the Gens. Gen V was a hit or miss Gen for me though.

I have about 10-15 pokemon designs that I just LOVE in Unova, but then some I really didn't like.

Let me start by saying I dislike almost every single legendary. Don't like the muskateers, don't like Genesect or Meleotta. HATE the genies. Think that the Box legendaries are simply over-designed. And didn't like the fusions.

Out of the regular roster, I just really don't like the monkeys, the Klink, Elgyem, Foongus, Woobat, Timbur and Gothita lines, I just despise them. And the starters are lack luster too.

That said, there are plenty of awesome Gen V pokemon which make up for the ones I don't like.

Gurdurr and Cokeldurr

I like Timbur. Just both of these bother me. One looks like it has cotton candy head and the other has a horrifying nose

scattered mind said:
Gengar.

I love the Pokemon itself and the design is okay but just doesnt feel right to me
When I was a kid I played Pokemon blue and one of my favorite Pokemon was Haunter . I simply loved the gass ghost thing with its hands floatting around and never knew it had an evolution. Then when I found out about it I was disappointed.
It took me a long time to get used to it and I even battle with Gengar today a lot but it still bothers me that I like its preevolutions design much more.

But isn't Gengar one of the first Pokémon you see? He's even in the intro animation.

Blob55 said:
scattered mind said:
Gengar.

But isn't Gengar one of the first Pokémon you see? He's even in the intro animation.

Well, he wouldn't have known it was Haunter's evolution at the time, so he wouldn't have had a problem with it.

Starboard Driger said:
Blob55 said:

Well, he wouldn't have known it was Haunter's evolution at the time, so he wouldn't have had a problem with it.

I didn't know that Gengar was its evolution. In the animation they only show Gengar fighting not evolving plus forgot to mention that I didn't know english so finding out about how Haunter evolves was really hard.

I really don't like Hawlucha's design, as it looks like a creepy man in a bird costume.

Hypno - I never liked his creepy look and face, with that pointy nose, weird staring and ears. He's too much yellow and it makes me to remember "The Simpsons".
That said, today I looked at him and thought that one of its features that I never understood might actually be "something else" (I don't know if this is its purpose): the white fluffy thing in its neck! It always remembered me of vultures but then, could it be some type of beard, one that goes all around his neck? I read that the white plumage in Honchkrow is made to look like a wizard's beard but looking at Hypno, it also seems to have a beard but in this case, one from a lunatic or mad man (funny enough, female Hypno have a bigger one).

While I love most Pokemon designs, Especially the legendaries. Some Gen 5 designs that look cool, I don't like. I'm not a big fan of Golett and Golurk, there's something about them that I don't like. Also Blitzle and Zebstrika, they are literally Electric type versions of Ponyta and Rapidash. Beeheeym(I hope I didn't spell that wrong) is another one I don't like. A couple others are the Monkeys, and Bidoof.

Female Hippos (Hippopotas and Hippowdown). Ugh. I hate them. If not gender differences, I have to admit, Combusken and, you're going to hate me for saying this, but Treecko.

Exeggcute: IT'S A CARTON OF EGGS!

Slugma: It's lava that has eyes.

Vanilluxe: I'm fine with Vanillite and Vanillish, but this is just ridiculous. It's like 2 Vanillish got blended.

Cryogonal is one of those pokemon that makes no sense whatsoever. It's a SNOWFLAKE. A living, breathing snowflake that for some reason cries a lot. Wouldn't its tears freeze up? I also hate the new Exeggutor. Why did they have to make him even uglier???

Man, I've waited for this conversation for a while. Ever since people have been bashing Alola for its "trash" Pokémon, I needed to remember which designs are actually terrible. I chose a couple from each Generation, so here goes:
Disclaimer: This is an opinion!
Dugtrio/Magneton: Dugtrio basically 3 Digletts bunched together; same with Magneton, except that it uses Magnemite.
Seel: The concept is an actual seal, with a horn, I guess. Nothing special to offer, and its evolved form, Dewgong, falls under the same category of lame Pokémon.
Unown: Terrible gimmick used for a Pokémon Movie, or so I believe that's why they came into existence. Nevertheless, I still despise it because it's so worthless.
Nosepass: As a personal opinion, it's unappealing. Wouldn't ever carry it in my party, no matter what.
Tangrowth: It's just a larger Tangela, and seeing how some Generation IV Pokémon were great, I think Tangrowth had more potential.
Druddigon: I loved the "most hated Generation V Pokémon, Vanilluxe and Garbodor, but always despised Druddigon because of how unappealing its design is. Sure, it works great in Trick Room, but other than that, that's about it.
Dedenne: Not another region-like Pikachu. As if Pichu, Pachirisu, Plusle, Minum, and Emolga were enough. Sadly, Togedemaru might eventually fall under my "never love" category, because of how Pokémon is implementing yet another cute-rodent Electric Pokémon.

I would love to add more, but the rest are jsut "meh". These are the ones I believe should've been changed or altered to have made better/stronger Pokémon.

I'm not a fan of Seaking... He just looks like a goldfish to me.
Then again, I love Magikarp...

EDIT:
I also do not like Diggersby. He gives me the creeps. I liked Bunnelby, and I was ready for him to be wily and lithe and mean. But no. Instead we get one of the creepy carnival guys that pulls balloons out of bags that should not be around his waist.

Back