Pokemon Pokémon Associated with Royalty?

JoeRow

Aspiring Trainer
I'm looking to build a team on Omega Ruby of "Royal" Pokémon.

Can anyone think of any Pokémon that could be associated with royalty? Or a Pokémon that would work closely with royalty?

The Pokes I have so far:

Pyroar - Based on a lion, lions are king of the jungle.
Empoleon - Based on an emperor penguin and literally has a crown on its head.
Serperior - Ken Sugimori has said that the Serperior line is based on French royalty.
Gallade - Based on a knight. Knights protect the king!
Politoed - King of the frogs! Its Pokédex entry says it acts like a leader (king) of Poliwags and Poliwhirls. Also, it evolves with the item 'Kings Rock'.

Any other ideas would be appreciated!

I am aware of Pokémon with the word 'King' or 'Queen' in their name (like Seaking) which I'm not really interested in :p

I ended up scouring through all the Pokemon up to the sixth generation for those associated with royalty for my custom card set, so here's the few most relevant that I found:

Masquerian - Royalty often have masquerade balls.
Vespiquen - The queen of the Combee.
Delphox - Based on a witch, which was prominent in medieval times.
Uxie - I think of Uxie a bit like a sage.
Sigilyph - In the first BW movie, Sigilyph was used to power the castle; and Victini was the king's Pokemon.
Golurk - Golurk was/is the guardian of ancient royal ruins.
Escavalier - Jousting was a popular royals/knights sport.
Bisharp - I'd always seen Bisharp as a more knightly Pokemon, so I'm putting this guy here too.
Aegislash - It's a literal sword. :p
Mr. Mime - A jester.
Gardevoir - I like to consider her the queen, and Gallade the king (especially with his mega).
Braviary - A brave Pokemon like this I could easily see associated with royalty.

I ended up scouring through all the Pokemon up to the sixth generation for those associated with royalty for my custom card set, so here's the few most relevant that I found:

Masquerian - Royalty often have masquerade balls.
Vespiquen - The queen of the Combee.
Delphox - Based on a witch, which was prominent in medieval times.
Uxie - I think of Uxie a bit like a sage.
Sigilyph - In the first BW movie, Sigilyph was used to power the castle; and Victini was the king's Pokemon.
Golurk - Golurk was/is the guardian of ancient royal ruins.
Escavalier - Jousting was a popular royals/knights sport.
Bisharp - I'd always seen Bisharp as a more knightly Pokemon, so I'm putting this guy here too.
Aegislash - It's a literal sword. :p
Mr. Mime - A jester.
Gardevoir - I like to consider her the queen, and Gallade the king (especially with his mega).
Braviary - A brave Pokemon like this I could easily see associated with royalty.
Yes! You knew exactly what I meant! :D These are some great ideas, thank you!
Escavalier, Mr.Mime, Masquerian and Vespiquen are among my favourites you have suggested here!

Your all forgetting a few others.
1 & 2: Nidoking & Nidoqueen, the Royals of Kanto
3: Seaking, the king of Kanto's waters
4: Slowking, king of Johto's waters
5: Lapras, I've always consider her the Queen of the Seas
6: Dragonite, dragons often being a symbol of royalty and it has "knight" in its name
7: Lucario, seen as a knight in that one movie during Gen 3

Tyrunt is classified as the Royal Heir Pokemon, with its evolution Tyrantrum having a couple of Pokedex entries saying that it acted like a king (one of them straight up calling it 'The king of the ancient world').

Tyrunt is classified as the Royal Heir Pokemon, with its evolution Tyrantrum having a couple of Pokedex entries saying that it acted like a king (one of them straight up calling it 'The king of the ancient world').
I know this comment is a year ago, but I wanted add that Tyrunt and Tyrantrum look like T-rex. And back then, T-rexes are King of the Jurassic area.

Not all Lapras are female. 50.2% of all Lapras are male, so there are slightly more male Lapras than female. I personally never felt that Lapras was a Pokémon of feminine appearance, as opposed to Gardevoire (which, ironically, has the exact same 50.2% male to 49.8% female gender spread as Lapras, as opposed to being an exclusively female evolution of Kirlia as most people probably expect). I wouldn’t refer to Lapras as the “queen of the sea” unless you are referring to a female individual of the species. Still, I do feel that Lapras deserves a place on the list and understand why someone might possibly refer to Lapras as a species of feminine appearance, though I personally don’t agree.

Back