XY Pokédex: Kalos

jstar21

Team Froakie & Goomy
As it has been stated already Clauncher looks to be based off the Pistol Shrimp and with that most likely being the case, I don't understand why people think it will be Water/Electric when it evolves. It makes more sense for it to become Water/Fire if you look at the physics of how the Pistol Shrimp's claw works and if you think about actual pistols.

Pokequaza

Aspiring Trainer
Drohn said:
Pokequaza said:
The abilities were revealed in the demo from the Pokémon Game Show, August 18th.
It is very likely correct, but since all trailers and demos show that gameplay may change I will wait for the official site to add it.

I see, but since the official site is usually quite behind when it comes to the game info (see Orotto for example), I don't think it'll get updated until the official release.

Chocolate Death

I should be the Water Trial Captain now!
Pokequaza said:
Drohn said:
It is very likely correct, but since all trailers and demos show that gameplay may change I will wait for the official site to add it.

I see, but since the official site is usually quite behind when it comes to the game info (see Orotto for example), I don't think it'll get updated until the official release.

GF: Orotto? What's that? We have no idea what you're talking about! Huh? A trailer shown in theaters and posted online for X and Y featuring it? We have no idea what you're talking about even though we've displayed it twice.

Either that, or they Hydreigon'd it (super redesign) or scrapped.

zappy800

loves dat rain<3
Hope they didn't scrap it that could cause us to get a bunch of new glitches.
Fun fact: Shellos and Gastrodon were originally supposed to be in Hoenn.

Baktwerel

Would like to challenge you!
BCWD93 said:
The frilled lizard is an actual animal, and it's kinda scary looking to! They are known to run on their hind legs with there frill open; so perhaps we'll see an evolution that looks similar to the Jurassic Park Dilophosaurus.

Which is one of my major hopes for Helioptile!

tumblr_m92ioiJZup1rqbpeeo1_400.jpg

Though for some reason Helioptile always remind me of Jaggia and Jaggi from Monster Hunter (it must be the female's "ears" and the male's collar similar to the JP Dilophosaurus) and for some reason I think if it evolved into something similar, it would also have a similarly long shaped mouth. I don't know why I feel like this.

monster_hunter_jaggi_jaggia_great_jaggi_7114.png

I want them to give Helioptile an evolution like these above! I mean, we already have multiple Pokémon that resemble dinosaurs but aren't fossil Pokémon? Helioptile could be one of them *w*

Pokequaza

Aspiring Trainer
TheRoyalXerneas said:
Well in the North American trailer it was revealed that Xerneas can learn and use Moonblast.

Which trailer? Could you support this with a link?

King Xerneas

Icy Goth
Pokequaza said:
TheRoyalXerneas said:
Well in the North American trailer it was revealed that Xerneas can learn and use Moonblast.

Which trailer? Could you support this with a link?

Video is up on the front page :p its near the end of the video where you can see it.

zappy800

loves dat rain<3
Drohn are you going to make this a complete dex or is it only the new pokemon? Also just realized who your avatar was nice.

Drohn

Wild War Dance
For now it will be an overview of the new Pokémon. Once the games are out we will update it to include the complete regional Pokédex(es).

I'll add it to the OP to make it more obvious! :)

zappy800

loves dat rain<3
Drohn said:
For now it will be an overview of the new Pokémon. Once the games are out we will update it to include the complete regional Pokédex(es).

I'll add it to the OP to make it more obvious! :)

Ok cool I might end up using this thread instead of other places >_>. Good work so far though what's your position on what happened to oorotto?

Drohn

Wild War Dance
They probably just didn't want to officially reveal it. I don't think there is a major reason behind it (although there could be). Maybe he has a new ability they don't want to reveal yet. They might want to introduce him together with its ability or some other news.

King Xerneas

Icy Goth
So in the new Japanese eshop demo, Oorotto has been confirmed to be weak to fire types. So it's grass typing has been confirmed.
Here's a link: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TotwurUNRdI

WanderingWolf

Only *insert number here* days to go!
Small Addition:

Unless they go against tradition, the starters will have the following order in Pokedex:

Grass, Fire, Water

-----

Meaning,

Chespin is #1 (Like Always)

His Evo is #2

Fennekin is #4

Fennekin's Evo is #5

Froakie is #7

Froakie's Evo is #8

Pokequaza

Aspiring Trainer
Ōrotto is still around, it's been showcased in a horde battle in the Japanese eShop trailer.

This is nothing unusual, during the release of previous generations, we usually knew about some Pokémon for months, even though they were never ''officially'' revealed by either CoroCoro, or by the Pokémon Company themself. If something is worth showcasing in a trailer, it will usually make it till the actual release.

TheRoyalXerneas said:
So in the new Japanese eshop demo, Oorotto has been confirmed to be weak to fire types. So it's grass typing has been confirmed.
Here's a link: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TotwurUNRdI

It could be an Ice type, who knows?

It's not comfirmed, but highly likely, as predicted.

Tatertot

Trick Room Tyrant
Pokequaza said:
It could be an Ice type, who knows?

It's not comfirmed, but highly likely, as predicted.

If Orotto is Ice type, then I will pay you $1,000. It's going to be grass.

Drohn

Wild War Dance
don()shinobi said:
Hey, something that actually looks like it's going to be useful without going to that serebii website like a pleb.
*bookmarks*
Is this our only database planned for the release of X/Y? I'd be interested in seeing an item database as well...when it's appropriate.

We will also have an item database up once the games are out. It will be updated while we're making our way through the games. :)

Drohn

Wild War Dance
Amaura's evolution has been revealed. I really like it's design. I'm definitely picking Amaura in my X version (Tyrunt in Y).

Pokequaza

Aspiring Trainer
Drohn said:
Amaura's evolution has been revealed. I really like it's design. I'm definitely picking Amaura in my X version (Tyrunt in Y).

• Aurorus
Species: Tundra Pokémon
Type: Rock / Ice
Height: 2.7 m / 8'10''
Weight: 225.0 kg / 496 lbs
Ability: Refrigerate
Description: ''It can expel air as cold as –240 degrees Fahrenheit to damage enemies, or even form a wall of ice as protection.''

Blob55

Aspiring Trainer
Drohn said:

I hope that you have a choice of your Fossil, instead of making them version exclusive, because I want Tyrunt in X.