Contest PokéBeach Create-A-Card: October 2017 - The Lost Zone - All Results Up!

Draskk

Blast From The Past
Stage 2 Tyranitar HP160[D]
Evolves from Pupitar

Ability Lost Tyranny
Once during your turn (before your attack), you may draw 2 cards for each Tyranitar in the Lost Zone.

[D][D][D][D] Fight for the Lost 180
Put your discard pile into the Lost Zone. If your opponent's Active Pokémon is Knocked Out by damage from this attack, take 1 more Prize Card if you put any Tyranitar into the Lost Zone in this way.

Weakness: [F]x2 Resistance: [P]-20 Retreat: [C][C][C][C]

References: Gengar Prime, Alolan Sandslash (Guardians Rising), Whimsicott (Guardians Rising).

Can't wait to see all the other entries! :)

StarlightSearcher

The Blonde Brainiac
Forum Mod
Advanced Member
Porygon-Z HP: 130 [C]
Stage 2- Evolves from Porygon2

porygon-z.gif

NO. 474 Virtual Pokémon | HT: 2'11" | WT: 75.0 lbs.

Ability: Glitch in the System
Porygon-Z can use the attacks of all the Pokémon in the Lost Zone (both yours and your opponent's). (You still need the necessary Energy to use each attack.)

[C] [C] Virus Alert!

Randomly search your opponents' deck for 1 Pokémon and put it into your opponents' Lost Zone. Shuffle your opponents' deck afterward.

[C] [C] Hardware Failure

Search your deck for 1 Pokémon and put it into your Lost Zone. Shuffle your deck afterward.

Weakness - [F] x2
Resistance -
Retreat Cost- [C] [C]

"In order to create a more advanced Pokémon, an additional program was installed, but apparently it contained a defect that made it behave oddly."

Mew (HGSS Triumphant 97/102)

This is in essence; a stronger, slightly more flexible Triumphant Mew. I was unsure about including an attack that messed with your opponent; but I feel like if it was a "Virus Attack" of sorts it would make much more sense. Porygon-Z acts like it has a virus in its hardware, so I feel like the virus is the one "pulling the strings" so to speak.

On to the Ability. Glitch in the System is "Lost Zone" from Triumphant Mew with a different flavor. The "dubious" quality of the additional program causes Porygon-Z to behave oddly. It's odd behavior allows it to tap into the Lost Zone and artificially access the attack data of its fallen allies and make their power its own. However, the glitch could not completely cheat the system and allow the free use of these attacks; Porygon-Z still has to have enough specific Energy cards attached.

The attack names are rather simple. Virus Alert! is a reference to the Weird Al Yankovic song of the same name. Porygon-Z is a double-edged sword. Its two attacks can help your opponent, and not just the player. If they have something that can access Lost Zone Pokémon attacks like Porygon-Z can (like Triumphant Mew).

Hardware Failure is the attack that you'll most likely be using to fuel your attacking engine in Porygon-Z; discard a Pokémon from your deck to power your offense. The virus shifts into overdrive and hard-crashes Porygon-Z and one Pokémon in your Deck is taken as a result as Porygon-Z attempts to come back to level. Like Triumphant Mew, just stronger.

I feel like I followed Triumphant Mew too closely to the letter; I hope that's not going to be used against me.

GM DracLord

Shadow of Death
Going with the DPPt-HGSS era

This a Pokemon Prime

Unown Q – [P] – HP50
BASIC

Poke-POWER : Lost Kingdom
Once during you turn, when you play Unown Q from your hand onto your Bench, you may choose 1 Trainer card in the Lost Zone (both yours and your opponent's) and you use it's effect as the effect of this Poke-Power.

[P] In the Shadow
Return Unown Q and all card attached to it to your hand. (If you don't have any Benched Pokemon, this attack does nothing.)

Weakness: [P] (x2)
Resistance:
Retreat: [C]

qrorohill

formerly known as TFP
Too many lampent aren't good for your soul literally. So uh, have a Litwick instead.

[Basic] Litwick / HP: 50 / Psychic

litwick.gif

[ NO. 607 | Candle Pokémon | HT: 1'o" | WT: 6.8 lbs. ]

[Ability] Shadow Bond

Once during your turn (before your attack), if this Pokémon is in your hand, you may discard it. If you do, put a card from your opponent's discard pile into the Lost Zone.

[P] Life Drain

You may put a Pokémon or Supporter card from your hand into the Lost Zone. If you do, search your deck for a card that evolves from this Pokémon and put it onto this Pokémon to evolve it. Then, shuffle your deck.

Weakness: [D] x2

Resistance:
Retreat Cost: [C]

[Dex Entry: This is a very spooky Candle. You can buy it for a cheap price of your life in the SM-era shop.]
PB CaC Promo

Good luck everyone!~

DashKing

Aspiring Trainer
Just a question do you and your opponent have a lost zone. I didn't play tcg at this time.

DashKing

Aspiring Trainer
[]Yveltal Studel Form Pic.png/SPOILER
This card is based on a video by MandJTV Pokevids where Yveltal has a strudel shop. I thought it was too good to miss! (Here is the link 2:45). How is it?

Palebuckets

Unkicked Bucket
Houndoom HP100 [D]
Stage 1 – Evolves from Houndour
0x4dmCZ.png

No. 229 Dark Pokémon | HT: 4'07" | WT: 77.2 lbs

[D] Menacing Howl
Flip a coin. If heads, search your deck for 1 Basic Pokémon and put it into your Lost Zone. Then, shuffle your deck.

[D][D][F] Burning Pulse 60+
This attack does 10 more damage for each Pokémon in your Lost Zone.

Weakness- [F] x2
Resistance- [P] -20
Retreat- [C] [C]

The flames it breathes when angry contain toxins. If they cause a burn, it will hurt forever.

Can't wait to see the rest!

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
Quick question, so I know that we need the CaC symbol for the set symbol but are we allowed to change the symbol post contest and use it for a set. The card I'm thinking about submitting is just a modified version of a card I was making for the set I'm making.
Just make sure you don't repost the card until after judging is done, and that'll be fine. ^.^