PokéBeach Create-A-Card: Nov. 2014 - Team M's/A's Pokemon — Congratulations to the winners!

RE: PokéBeach Create-A-Card: Nov. 2014 - Team M's/A's Pokemon

To me, using Pokémon that are not the same type as their teams, but still make sense for the team to have it (like the Aqua Eelektross already posted) is part of Creativity.

I can't even begin to describe how tempted I was to do a Team Magma Torkoal. The only thing about it that made me stop is that I already did Torkoal a while back in June-ish. Here it is...

Inspector Gadget said:
Basic - Torkoal - HP90 - [R]

(Ability) Terra Fuel

All [G] energy attached to your [R] Pokémon also provides [R] energy, but only 1 at a time.

[C] Erupting Shatter
For each [R] energy attached to this Pokémon, place 2 damage counters on your opponent's Pokémon in any way you like.

Weakness: [W] x2
Resistance: None
Retreat Cost: [C] [C]

It battles using energy it gets from burning coal. When loosing smoke from its nostrils, it lets off a sound that is similar to a locomotive's horn.

Because some people here didn't take off their blindfolds, let me say this straight. This Torkoal is not my entry. This is one that I made for another CaC event. What I am trying to say is that I initially wanted to make another Torkoal card for November, but I did not feel right to do a Pokemon that I had already done once for CaC. Did I make myself clear, or, do, I, need, to, put, commas, inbetween, each, word?

Oo! Very cool :D

Very nice way on using Moxie.

GadgetJax said:
I can't even begin to describe how tempted I was to do a Team Magma Torkoal. The only thing about it that made me stop is that I already did Torkoal a while back in June-ish. Here it is...
Inspector Gadget said:
Basic - Torkoal - HP90 - [R]

(Ability) Terra Fuel

All [G] energy attached to your [R] Pokémon also provides [R] energy, but only 1 at a time.

[C] Erupting Shatter
For each [R] energy attached to this Pokémon, place 2 damage counters on your opponent's Pokémon in any way you like.

Weakness: [W] x2
Resistance: None
Retreat Cost: [C] [C]

It battles using energy it gets from burning coal. When loosing smoke from its nostrils, it lets off a sound that is similar to a locomotive's horn.
Amazing how I have gotten better with the times, right?

I'm sorry to be /that/ guy, but wasn't it supposed to be Team Magma/Aqua themed?

Luispipe8 said:
GadgetJax said:
Amazing how I have gotten better with the times, right?

I'm sorry to be /that/ guy, but wasn't it supposed to be Team Magma/Aqua themed?

No, this card is one I did back in June for the Hoenn theme.

GadgetJax said:
Luispipe8 said:
I'm sorry to be /that/ guy, but wasn't it the Contest supposed to be Team Magma/Aqua themed?

Check back into the green. :p

And also, my card isn't here yet! D: I think I'll work on it this week, probably Wednesday. Been a bit busy.

GadgetJax said:
Luispipe8 said:

I would suggest making the post clearer that it is NOT a entry.

After months of absence in the forums, i have finally come back :D
Surprisingly enough (sarcasm) i couldnt find this thread, so i had to literally scroll down aaaaaaaaaaall of the threads to find it XD
Anyways, in for text-based, here is my entry:

[Stage 2] Hydreigon HP160 [D][F]
Evolves from Zweilous
[Team Magma]
hydreigon-5.gif

NO.635 Brutal Pokémon HT:5'11'' WT:352.7 lbs
This Pokémon is both [D] and [F]

14e49jm.png
Hydra's Trident
Once during your turn (before your attack), if your opponent has taken more Prize Cards than you, you may Knock Out up to 3 of your Benched Team Magma Pokémon. Then, for each Magma Energy attached to those Pokémon, Knock Out one of your opponent's Benched Pokémon. Neither player takes Prize Cards for Pokémon Knocked Out by your Team Magma's Pokémon Abilities.

[D][D][D][F] Draco Meteor 60x
This attack does 60 damage times the number of Team Magma Pokémon Knocked Out this turn. If your opponent's Active Pokémon is a Basic Pokémon and is not Knocked Out by this attack, you may Knock Out a Team Magma Pokémon in play, and if you do, Knock Out that Pokémon. (Neither player takes any Prize Cards if you Knock Out a Pokémon this way)

Weakness: [F][W] x2
Resistance: [P]-20
Retreat: [C][C][C]
It responds to movement by attacking. This scary, three-headed Pokémon devours everything in its path!

Sooooo hope you guys like it, or at least find it interesting. In this card's universe, team magma cards work by knocking out your own team magma pokemon, and generating some advantage by doing so. I hope its not as op as my entries for previous cac, lol.

After the dud that was last month's; hopefully I'll try better this time.

[Stage 1] Team Magma's Camerupt HP: 100 [R]
Evolves from Numel
camerupt.gif

[Team Magma]
No. 323. Eruption Pokemon. HT: 6'03" | WT: 485lbs.

Ability: Magma Conversion
Once during your turn before you attack, all non-[R] Energies attached to Team Magma's Camerupt become [R] Energies. This Ability cannot be used if Team Magma's Camerupt is affected by a Special Condition or if Team Magma's Camerupt has no non-[R] Energies attached to it.

[R] [R] [R] Cascading Eruption 60x
For each Benched Pokemon your Opponent has in play; flip a coin. If heads, this attack does 20 damage to it. Do not apply Weakness and Resistance for this effect.

[R] [R] [R] [C] Peléan Eruption 120-
Flip a coin. If heads this attack does 120 damage. If tails, this attack does 60 damage.

Weakness- [B] x2
Resistance- [M] -20
Retreat Cost- [C] [C] [C]

The volcanoes on its back have a major eruption every 10 years--or whenever it becomes really angry.

Like I said, I think I fixed some of my mistakes by doing some research. I sure hope I did better then I did last month, but here goes nothing.

So, I finally had the time to make up a card. I made a quick search into Team Aqua/Magma Pokés and Crobat was the one I liked the most, so it's the one I'm using for both the Contest and as a Promo for Ascending Warriors. :D
Stage 2/ Crobat /// HP130
TCGMind

042.png
Evolves from Golbat
(Team Aqua)
/α Aqua Radiance/ Each of your Team Aqua Pokémon's Resistance is now -40.
crobat-2.gif

NO. 169/Bat Pokémon/HT: 5'11"/WT: 165.3 lbs

SF-Ability
Menacing Power

The attacks of each of your opponent's Pokémon do 10 less damage to all Defending Pokémon for each Team Aqua Pokémon you have in play. The attacks of each of your Pokémon do 10 more damage to your opponent's Active Pokémon for each of your opponent's Team Magma Pokémon in play. You can't apply more than 1 Menacing Power Ability at a time.

TCGMind
TCGMind
Unraveling Poison 20

Your opponent's Active Pokémon is now Poisoned. Flip 5 coins. For each heads, place 1 more damage counter on that Pokémon between turns.

Weakness:
TCGLight
x2

Resistance:
TCGRock

Retreat:

It flies so silently through the dark on its four wings that it may not be noticed even when nearby.

AW05
30px-SetSymbolPromo.png

I wanted the card to be both balanced and playable, and I think I did that. The Ability is actually very good when used right. You won't get an attack boost very often, but the reduction is helpful. However, being a Stage 2 Pokémon, getting it into play it's going to be a hard time. Also, the attack is quite interesting. Sure, with Virbank you can potentially get 8 damage counters between turns for the poison, but realistically, you'll only get around 5 in the average, even with Fliptini in play. I then noticed that the card needed more Aqua interaction, so I added the α Ancient Trait to reflect that it's a team player, This card is by no means power-crazy, but it matched the power Stage 2 have right now. And even though, playability of Evolutions nowadays is a sad reality, so it's quite balanced. This time, unlike last month, I brainstormed ideas for everything and I'm happy with my creativity results, because from cards I've done before, it shows great improvement.

References:
Lucario PLS for Ability.
Toxicroak-EX FLF for Poison addition.
Klefki FFI for Ancient Trait's effect.
Also, some extras to both add to the Promo set and to go with the Crobat:

*NOT ENTRIES
Basic/ Zubat / HP50
TCGMind

zubat.gif

NO. 041/Bat Pokémon/HT: 0.8m/WT: 7.5kg

TCGMind
Poison Wing 10

Flip a coin. If heads, your opponent's Active Pokémon is now Poisoned.

Weakness:
TCGLight
x2

Resistance:
TCGRock

Retreat:
TCGWhite

Even though it has no eyes, it can sense obstacles using ultrasonic waves it emits from it mouth.

AW03
30px-SetSymbolPromo.png
Stage 1/ Golbat // HP80
TCGMind

041.png
Evolves from Zubat

golbat.gif

NO. 042/Bat Pokémon/HT: 1.6m/WT: 55.0kg

TCGWhite
Poison Wing 20

Your opponent's Active Pokémon is now Poisoned.

TCGMind
TCGMind
TCGWhite
Venoshock 50+

If your opponent's Active Pokémon is Poisoned, this attack does 50 more damage.

Weakness:
TCGLight
x2

Resistance:
TCGRock

Retreat:
TCGWhite

Once it starts sucking blood, it does not stop until it is full. It flies at night in search of prey.

AW04
30px-SetSymbolPromo.png

I should really post my entry before I get the new game (and New 3DS, yay Australia!) tonight and never stop playing it goodbye forum friends

I present: Team Aqua's Kyogre-[img=13x13]http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/thumb/b/bf/Aqua-logo.png/40px-Aqua-logo.png[/img]:
team_aqua_s_kyogre_by_jedi201-d86wliv.png

So the dealio here is that it introduces 2 Team Aqua mechanics (which could definitely be mirrored for Team Magma). Team Aqua Pokemon are represented by the big watermark in the bottom right, and Pokemon-[img=13x13]http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/thumb/b/bf/Aqua-logo.png/40px-Aqua-logo.png[/img] are represented by the rule poking into the artbox.
Not all Team Aqua Pokemon have to be Water/Dark, but all Pokemon-[img=13x13]http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/thumb/b/bf/Aqua-logo.png/40px-Aqua-logo.png[/img] must be Team Aqua Pokemon and must be Water/Dark. Pokemon-[img=13x13]http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/thumb/b/bf/Aqua-logo.png/40px-Aqua-logo.png[/img] also have mixed Water/Dark textures as well.

Pokemon-[img=13x13]http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/thumb/b/bf/Aqua-logo.png/40px-Aqua-logo.png[/img] are a little tougher than the average 'mon, and are the pinnacle of Team Aqua Pokemon. I'd like to imagine that there could be some great synergy between Team Aqua Pokemon and Pokemon-[img=13x13]http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/thumb/b/bf/Aqua-logo.png/40px-Aqua-logo.png[/img], and I've entertained that idea with "Command of the Sea" by making it not harm any Team Aqua Pokemon. I know it's not much for a 3 Water energy requirement, but I think the rest of the card should balance it out (dual-typing and high HP especially).

And it's a lot harder to make good art of Kyogre than I thought it would be; it's a whale... there's not much I can do with a 3D model of a whale >_> I made my own super-basic skeleton for it (like really really basic), and the painting effects covered up any bad parts of the skeleton's pose. Overall, I'm happy with what I've made! ^_^

[Mega] M Sharpedo EX [Team Aqua] HP: 200 [W]
Mega evolves from Sharpedo EX
δ Rough Skin: If M Sharpedo is damaged by an opponent's attack (even if M Sharpedo is Knocked Out), put 3 damage counters on the Attacking Pokémon.
8qEXszE.png

[W] [C] Aqua Rush 20x
This attack does 20 damage times the number of Team Aqua and Team Magma Pokemon in play (both yours and your opponent's).

Weakness: [L] x2
Resistance:
Retreat Cost: [C]

Everyone is doing that fancy Ancient Traits thing and I just have a silly ability

Here I go.. doing something simple

Team Aqua's Stunfisk ex 100 HP [W]
Basic Pokémon

[When Pokémon-ex has been Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.]

[Poké-BODY] : Aqua Alliance
As long as Team Aqua's Stunfisk ex has any Aqua Energy cards attached to it, Team Aqua's Stunfisk ex is both [W] and [D] type.

[D] Underground Voltage
Put 2 damage counter on your opponent's Active Pokémon at the end of your opponent's next turn.

[W][W][C] Dry Up Land 50+
You may discard up to 5 Pokémon with Team Aqua in it's name. If you do, this attack does 50 damage plus 10 more for each card discarded in this way.

W - [G]
R -
RC - [C][C]
Just like how Rocket's ex are aligned to [D] type, I make Team Aqua's ex aligned with [W] type

I'm going to have to drop out this time :( Stuck at grandparents for a while with their junky computer

Going to sacrifice some believability points for this one:

Team Aqua's Magikarp - Basic Pokémon [D] 30HP
[W] Splash Expand the Water
This attack does nothing.
weakness [L]
resistance -30 [W]
retreat cost

PB CaC 28/30 Common

ex era.

rev3rsor said:
Going to sacrifice some believability points for this one:

Team Aqua's Magikarp - Basic Pokémon [D] 30HP
[W] Splash Expand the Water
This attack does nothing.
weakness [L]
resistance -30 [W]
retreat cost

PokéBeach CaC 28/30 Common

ex era.

Hmmm... OP, High resistance, high HP, Basic. Everything a magikarp could want.

89TNYye.png

yaaaaay~

It's a Greninja-EX! Taken some criticism from last contest such as using "Basic" instead of "Stage 0" to fit more with actual wording. :p I hope I got the attack description specific enough to be precise and usable but still interesting.

As far as the wording judgment goes, I'm going to say that it follows BW's wording standards.

In it to counter Luis's entry.
[F] - Magcargo -- 130 HP
Team Magma's Pokémon
Stage 1 (evolves from Slugma)

219.gif

Ability: Water Evaporation
Any damage done to any of your Team Magma's Pokémon in play by your opponent's Team Aqua's Pokémon is unaffected by Weakness.

[R][C] Lava Plume 20+
Does 10 more damage for each damage counter on your Benched Pokémon.

[C][C][C] Ancient Buster
Put 5 damage counters on each Pokémon in play with an Ancient Trait (both yours and your opponents). If your opponent's Active Pokémon has an Ancient Trait, that Pokémon is now Burned.

Weakness: [F] Resistance: ___ Retreat: [C][C][C]
Magcargo's body temperature is approximately 18,000 degrees F. Water is vaporized on contact. If this Pokémon is caught in the rain, the raindrops instantly turn into steam, cloaking the area in a thick fog.
Not sure on wording, but I had fun with it. All that matters.

Back