Contest PokéBeach Create-A-Card: May 2018 - Psychic Types ~ Have Some Official Judging!

Haha I suppose I cannot argue there XD

Also card design wise, Blanks are by Metagross101 and symbols by aschefield. forgot to include but didnt want to get penalized for editing the initial post

This sounds very interesting.
I wanna sign up for Text c:

Latios-GX-[P]-180HP
Basic Pokémon

Ability: Psychic Bonds
Once during your turn, if Latias-GX is your Active Pokémon, you may search your deck for a card, reveal it, and put it into your hand. Shuffle your deck afterward. You can't use more than 1 Psychic Bonds Ability each turn.

[P][C] Lost Partners 50x
This attack does 50 damage for each Latias-GX in the Lost Zone.

[P] Lost Call GX
Put as many cards as you like from your hand into the Lost Zone. Then, draw a card for each card you put into the Lost Zone. You cannot use abilities during your next turn.
Weakness: [Y] 2x
Resistance:
Retreat: [C]
It has a docile temperament and dislikes fighting. Tucking in its forelegs, it can fly faster than a jet plane.

Computer search
Umbreon EX
ultra ball
night march

#edit

i edited it because swalot isn't psychic type :(

#NIGHT MARCH RETURNS

aka anti buzzwole

Last edited:
With Luximity's sign-up, the text-based portion is now full!

Sigh. After reading my Scizor CaC reveiw from February I noticed that I forgot the weakness multplier again. @bbninjas would it be worth it to take the edit penalty?

I can't actually answer that question for you, out of fairness for the other members. You need to decide whether losing -2pts penalty is worth more or less than the amount of points you would lose for the error you identified.

here's my entry!

Malamar-GX - Psychic - HP 200
Stage 1- Evolves from Inkay

[Ability] Mirror Image
When you play this card from your hand to evolve 1 of your Pokemon during your turn, you may have both players draw or discard cards until they have 6 cards in their hand
(you do this first)
[d][d][c] Chains of Malevolence 60+ damage
Flip 4 coins, if 1 of them are heads, this attack does 20 more damage, if 2 of them are heads, this attack does 40 more damage and the Defending Pokemon is now Confused, if 3 of them are heads, this attack does 60 more damage and the Defending Pokemon is now Asleep, if all of them are heads, this attack does 80 more damage and the Defending Pokemon is now Paralyzed
[d][c][c][c][c] Circle Nine GX
Choose 1 of your opponent's Pokemon's attacks that isn't a GX attack, this Pokemon can now use that attack in addition to it's existing attacks (you still need the necessary Energy to use that attack) (You can't use more than 1 GX attack in a game)

Weakness: [d] x 2
Resistance: none
Retreat Cost: [c][c]

Going back to the ex ERA

Gallade ex 150 HP [P]
Stage 2 Pokémon
Evolves from Kirlia

[When Pokémon-ex has been Knocked Out, your opponent takes Prize cards]

Poké-Body : Power Boost
Each basic [P] energy card attached to your Stage 2 [P] Pokémon now provide [P][C].

[P][C][C][C] Sharp Slice
Choose 2 of your opponent's Pokémon and put 1 damage counter for each basic energy card attached to them.

w- [P][C]
r -
rc - [C][C]

/in

You'll appreciate this one, bb. Should have it finished in the next day or so. ^.^

ATTENTION everyone in the text-based portion! Please make sure you can commit to submitting an entry by the deadline (the 27th), and if you can't commit, make sure that you drop out within in the next 48-hours, so that others have a chance to join if they would like. A reminder that not submitting anything could incur a point penalty in future.

Note: this card is designed for the old ex era.
Chimecho - Psychic - HP80
Basic

PokéBody: Evolution Boost
Double all effects of your Pokémon's Stages of Evolution PokéBodies. You can't use more than 1 Evolution Boost PokéBody at a time.

C - Summoning Chime - 0
Search your deck for up to 3 Basic Pokémon and put them into your hand or onto your Bench in combination in any way you like.

PC - Pseudo Evolution - 10x
Flip a coin for each of your Evolved Pokémon in play. This attack does 10 damage times the number of heads. Until the end of your next turn, each of your Basic Pokémon in play is treated as an Evolved Pokémon.

Weakness - Px2
Resistance -
Retreat Cost - C
Because old ex formats needed Wobbuffet to be even more annoying :/

Swoobat / Stage1 / HP: 90 / Psychic
~ Evolves from Woobat

528.png

[ NO. 528 | Courting Pokémon | HT: 2'11'' | WT: 23.1 lbs ]

[C] Bat Signal
Search your deck for 2 in any combination of Crobat, Noivern and Swoobat and put them onto your Bench. Then, shuffle your deck.

[P] Energy Echo
When your opponent attaches an Energy from their hand to 1 of their Pokémon during your opponent's next turn, put 5 damage counters on that Pokémon.

Weakness: [L] x2
Resistance: [F] -20
Retreat Cost: [C]

[Pokédex Entry: Swoobat are the psychic type bats of the BATBAT squad. The other members are Crobat, Noivern and all of their pre-evolutions. That's right Gliscor are not invited.]

Good luck to all of the others!

q7fSYVQ.png

So, a while back, after much pestering and general nuisance-being on my part, asche dug out the old master PSD for his famous Winchfall blanks––hands down, my favorite custom blanks ever. I did some editing to that PSD to make FA Mega blanks with a gold border, and from there decided on my card for this month.

I traced the art from an image of some official sleeves I found once, which weren't high-resolution enough to work for a card. The Mega text was a pain as always, and I'm still not totally satisfied with it, but I've spent like a week on this card already and I'm fed up with it. :p

Special thanks to ...
  • @aschefield101 for the awesome Winchfall PSD and icons
  • The Pokémon Company for the sleeves I took the base for the art from
  • @PikaMasterJesi for translating "Patient Strike" into kanji for me
  • @Nekoban Ryo for texture and holo foils
Y'all rock.

For those of you who accidentally put the accents on the é wrong, scroll down to the bottom of the website and copy and paste the é from Pokémon! it's a lot easier than using a special character keyboard.

For those of you who accidentally put the accents on the é wrong, scroll down to the bottom of the website and copy and paste the é from Pokémon! it's a lot easier than using a special character keyboard.
Or hold down "Alt Gr" on windows while pressing e, or hold down the "e" key on mac and press two.

My entry:

Gardevoir {P}/{Y} 140 HP
Stage 2 - Evolves from Kirlia
image.png

Spr_6x_282_s.png
Ability: Trace
Once during your turn (Before your attack), you may have your Opponent reveal their hand. If you do you may choose a card you find there, and search your deck for that card. Then shuffle your deck.

{P}{P}{C} Hypnotic Flash 60
During your Opponent's next turn each special energy attached to their Pokémon only provides {C}.

Weakness: {P}{M} x2
Resistance: None
Retreat: {C}

Jirachi ◇– Metal– HP130
Basic Pokémon

◇ (Prism Star) Rule: You can’t have more than 1 ◇ card with the same name in your deck. If a ◇ card would go to the discard pile, put it in the Lost Zone instead.

Ability: Spiteful Wishes
When you play this Pokémon from your hand onto your Bench during your turn, you may use this Ability. At the end of your opponent’s next turn, put 14 damage counters on their Active Pokémon. You may not use more than one Spiteful Wishes Ability each turn.

[M] [M] Reinforced Wish: 50 damage
If you used a Spiteful Wishes Ability this turn, this attack does 50 more damage.

Weakness: Fire (x2)
Resistance: Psychic (-20)
Retreat: [C]
It is said to have the ability to grant any wish for just one week every thousand years.

I figured that with a plethora of Psychic legendary or mythical Pokémon, I had a wide cast of some of the most interesting Pokédex concepts to choose from. Eventually I settled on Jirachi, who is probably gonna receive a Prism Star in the next set, but I’m still gonna do that anyway. It’s necessary in order for the card to be balanced. Jirachi is meant to serve as a one time nuke with Counter Energy (hitting for 240 if your opponent keeps their active, but still allowing them the chance to attack), because if you could play four of this card, the stacking of Spiteful Wishes could be pretty insane. Because of Acerola and Super Scoop Up existing, I decided to add in the clause at the end of Spiteful Wishes so picking up Jirachi for multiple uses wasn’t an option, either. The attack cost for Reinforced Wish is specifically set to two Metal so Counter Energy is the only one attachment that can get it going on Jirachi’s first turn. Yeah, Magnezone also exists, but Jirachi by itself won’t make or break the deck, just potentially help it out slightly.

Back