PokéBeach Create-A-Card: Jan 2014

RE: PokéBeach Create-A-Card: First of 2014 (text & image)

Basic Pokemon Cloyster-EX HP170
20px-Water-attack.png

091.png

Ability: Conch of Magicness
If this Pokemon has Life Orb attached to it, all of your Pokemon's attacks do 20 more damage to your opponent's benched Pokemon.

20px-Water-attack.png
20px-Water-attack.png
Icicle Spear
Flip 5 coins. For each heads choose one of your opponent's Benched Pokemon, this attack does 10 damage to each of those Pokemon. Also apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokemon.

Weakness:
20px-Metal-attack.png
Resistance: _
Retreat:
20px-Colorless-attack.png
20px-Colorless-attack.png

1 question can I do card like the legend format where you need two halves of the card to put it in play?

GM DracLord said:
1 question can I do card like the legend format where you need two halves of the card to put it in play?

But that would just be a rehashed version of Legends anyway!

I'm going to say yes, provided the individual cards (tribute material) don't act to improve your entry. But just get the green light from Teal, it is still his contest, I'm just here to judge image.

Umm sure.

Image please, I think I'm going to have to make this one work...

Blui said:
GM DracLord said:

But that would just be a rehashed version of Legends anyway!

I'm going to say yes, provided the individual cards (tribute material) don't act to improve your entry. But just get the green light from Teal, it is still his contest, I'm just here to judge image.

It's just if it's only the size of 1 card, it doesn't look logical to put the whole idea if it were to be converted into an image (Though i'm making a text version). and trust me.. it's a twist from the Legend card

Don't forget to make your cards in time. :3

Yes, there is still much time, but make them when you can!

Although at first Glimpse this card looks exactly like the LEGEND card. but the major different is the that LEGEND Pokemon are considered a different stage entirely while a DUO Pokemon can be any stage (DUO Basic/DUO Stage1/DUO Stage2) More explanation below. depends on the word printed out. Once I got this card review I plan on using this format for my new fake spoiler set

TOP HALF
Gardevoir & Gallade DUO 180 HP [P]
DUO Stage 2 - Evolved from Kirlia

{Put this card from your hand onto your Benched Kirlia only with the other half of Gardevoir & Gallde DUO}.

BOTTOM HALF
Gardevoir & Gallade DUO [P]
DUO Stage 2 - Evolved from Kirlia

{Put this card from your hand onto your Benched Kirlia only with the other half of Gardevoir & Gallde DUO}.

Poke-Body : Energy Synced
If this Pokémon has any [F] & [Y] Energy attached to it, this Pokémon's type are [P], [F] and [Y].

[P][C][C] Freak Tango 100
Put 1 damage counter on each of your Benched Pokémon. If this Pokémon have both [F] and [Y] energy attached to it, you may switched this Pokémon with one of your Benched Pokémon.

Weakness : [P]
Resistance : -
Retreat Cost : [C][C]

{When this Pokémon has been Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards}

[Y] = Fairy Type

EXPLANATION
This card is meant to be used in the BW era, So it follow the BW wording. (But with a mix of Fairy Energy

DUO Stage 2 is treated as both DUO Card and Stage 2 card at the same time.

P-Body > the closest i could find is Plasma Storm's Lucario i tweak it to fit 3 type at once.

I can see Freak Tango be combo with Legendary Treasure's Gallade. After running away, Gallade Pandemonium Blade and take advantage of the damage spread from Freak Tango.

CARD Layout
To help you see more on how this card would look like, I will used Kyogre & Groudon LEGEND as a reference.

The only different layout that this card have with the LEGEND is that the "DUO Stage 2 - Evolved from Kirlia" will be where the the LEGEND is stated under the pokemon's name.

And the playing this card CLAUSE changed a bit

So when imagining this card, do imagine that Gardevoir and Gallade's picture will be like ones on LEGEND big and such and the wording are all wavy like the LEGEND cards

bottom line. I do hope i could get a longer review on this card even if I got little score. Need feedback on the "Mechanic i'm making"

Scorched Feathers said:
Teal, you're not especially known for early entries yourself :p
Actually, about half of the time I submitted the day the CAC went up.

And that post was just so I can push the thread to get attention on it, anyway.

Well, I always do the same! '///'
Uhh, Drac, you do realise that your card is BW Era, and it uses a P-Body, right?

On my fake a side note.. I kinda mixed some of the era since I don't favour using ability thats why i choose pokebody instead since I'm more familiar.
If that choice of using body instead of ability is my downfall for this round I accept it.

Only a week left to get your entries in. Let's see some more text and some image!

I'm going to have to drop out, just don't have the time to get a good submission together.
Good luck everyone!

Hey folks. Sorry but I'll have to drop of this.

Back