Contest PokéBeach Create-A-Card: February 2018 - Create-A-Card Anniversary ~ All Results Up!

StarlightSearcher

The Blonde Brainiac
Forum Mod
Advanced Member
I would like to politely request I be taken off the list of Text-Based Fakers this month. Thank you.

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
That was quick!
Stage 2: Torterra GX [G] HP250
Evolves from Grotle

[Ability:] Thunderous Footsteps
Whenever this Pokémon retreats, you may put 4 damage counters on your opponent's Active Pokémon.

[G][G][G][C] Mass Tremor
Choose 1:
• This attack does 60 damage to all Pokémon in play (both yours and opponent's) regardless of Abilities or any effects on any Pokémon. (Don't apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokémon.)
• This attack does 30 damage to all of your opponent's Pokémon regardless of Abilities or any effects on your opponent's Pokémon. (Don't apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokémon.)

[G][G] Land's Guardian GX
Heal 100 damage from each of your Pokémon. Prevent all effects of attacks, including damage, done to all of your Pokémon until the end of your opponent's next turn. (You can't use more than 1 GX attack in a game.)

Weakness: [R] x2
Resistance:
Retreat: [C][C][C][C]
It's my first!

KnightofDust

your future past waits
HUr6S6Z

HUr6S6Z.jpg

Blank, foils, and symbols by aschefield101: https://aschefield101.deviantart.com/
Artwork by Twarda8: https://twarda8.deviantart.com/
More foils and textures by icycatelf: https://icycatelf.deviantart.com/
Smoke render and snow texture by jeffkingston: https://jeffkingston.deviantart.com/
Cracked ice texture by 8moments: https://8moments.deviantart.com/

*messed up the link so I have to edit the post, I'll take the 2 points*

Last edited:

Kavross

Aspiring Trainer
Sorry to be a pain D: I got my tablet working again, can I be back in image? No worries if not

quakingpunch73

At The Beach
Dusknoir ♢ /// Basic Pokémon / HP: 160 / Psychic

SwfXFQ5.png

♢ (Prism Star) Rule: You can’t have more than 1 ♢ card with the same name in your deck. If a ♢ card would go to the discard pile, put it in the Lost Zone instead.

(Ability) Temporal Star
As long as this Pokémon is your Active Pokémon and has 2 [P] Energy attached to it, neither player may draw a card at the beginning of their turn.

[P][P][C] Time Out
Choose a random card from your opponent’s hand. Your opponent reveals that card and shuffles it into their deck. If you use this attack when your opponent has no cards in their hand, you win this game.

Weakness: [D] x2
Resistance: [F] -20
Retreat Cost: [C][C]

This Pokémon is said to have come from a timeless world of darkness. Dusknoir will do anything to catch its prey, a Grovyle and a human.
References: Giratina ♢ (ULP), Luvdisc (FLF), Slowbro (BKP), Inkay (ROS)

"Well, well... You display some feeble resistance knowing that it's futile?"
-
Dusknoir, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky

This Dusknoir ♢ is directly based off of the Dusknoir from the Mystery Dungeon games, if you couldn't tell already! In the games, Dusknoir hails from a bad future, where the world is paralyzed and time has seized to exist. Working for Dialga, Dusknoir is one of the main antagonists of the Gen 4 Mystery Dungeon games, who tries to prevent the player from creating a good future by any means necessary. Whenever the player encounters Dusknoir, the atmosphere is tense, since the player has little time to restore the future. I hope to have accurately translated the intensity of Dusknoir and his antagonistic role into my entry this month.

Right off the bat, Dusknoir is a basic, 160 HP psychic type Prism Star. 160 HP and being a basic is the standard for Prism Star cards, and Dusknoir is no exception. Dusknoir is always psychic type too. He has a dark weakness and fighting resistance, both standards of being a ghost type in the games. He also has a retreat cost of two. Normally, Dusknoir has a retreat of three, but he's being reduced to two for the sake of preventing stalemates from happening when Dusknoir has two energy, and neither player can do anything.

Dusknoir comes with Temporal Star as his ability, based off of the timeless future he hails from, and it's a seemingly oppressive ability at first glance. Preventing you and your opponent from drawing is very powerful, but there are several things limiting it, like items that help draw, draw supporters, abilities that draw (Zoroark GX and Octillery), abilities that draw supporters (Tapu Lele GX), and abilities that negate other abilities (Garbodor and Alolan Muk). Your opponent could also simply knock out Dusknoir with one of their own Pokemon, ending the lock. While it is certainly a potent ability, Dusknoir's Prism Star status and the previously stated limits prevent it from being broken.

Time Out is Dusknoir's attack, and it's very synergistic with his ability. Having the power to deny your opponent precious resources after limiting what they can do already is no joke. It also puts pressure on the opponent, since they have little time to react and kill Dusknoir before they lose the game. Having an alternate win condition is a necessary part of the attack. Without it, there would be little reason to use Dusknoir, and countless deadlocks from games that were stuck due to neither player having the resources to continue the game. Time Out prevents the game from getting stale, and gives a motive for players to use Dusknoir effectively, like other Prism Stars.

Last edited:

GM DracLord

Shadow of Death
I'm going old school

STAGE 1 - Evolves from Eevee - Put Light Glaceon onto the Basic Pokémon

Light Glaceon 70 HP [W]
Stage 1 Pokémon

[Fresh Snow Pokémon. Length: 2'07", Weight: 57.1 lbs.]

[W] Ice Counter
During your opponent's next turn, whenever 30 or more damage is done to Light Galceon (after applying Weakness and Resistance), put 3 damage counters on your opponent's Active Pokémon.

[W][W][C] Frost Strike 40
Your opponent's reveal his or her hand, choose a card and discard it.

weakness - [M]
resistance - [.]
retreat cost - [C]

[Its ability to control its body heat allow it to freeze the atmosphere around it to make a diamond-dust flurry. Lv 32 #471 ]

DashKing

Aspiring Trainer
[/SPOILER
Giritina PRISM STAR
100 HP
[P] Type
Ability: Blood Sacrifice
As often as you like during your turn (before your attack), you may place a damage counter on this Pokémon. If you do, draw a card.
[P] Distortion Pulse 10
Search your deck for an Arceus PRISM STAR with the attack Pure Spark and put it on this card. This Pokémon now has 100 more HP and can use the attacks and abilities of Arceus PRISM STAR. This Pokémon retains the attacks, Abilities, Weakness, Resistance, and Retreat Cost of Giritina PRISM STAR. If this Pokémon is knocked out on your Bench, your opponent takes 3 prize cards. If this Pokémon is knocked out in the active position, your opponent takes 2 prize cards.
[P][C] Chaos Catalyst 100
Switch this Pokémon with 1 of your Benched Pokémon. If you do so, your opponent may take a Prize Card. If they do, the Pokémon you switched into the active can attack twice until the end of your next turn. (If the first attack Knocks Out your opponent's Active Pokémon, the Pokémon can attack again after your opponent chooses a new Active Pokémon.)
Weakness:
Resistance:
Retreat: [C][C][C]

Magnezone ULP
Decidueye GX
Zoroark GX
Alolan Sandslash GRI
Golisipod GX
Medicham PRI
Gabite ULP
]

Ilovepokemom

Aspiring Trainer
I’m sorry, but I have to drop out. :( I couldn’t decide what pokemon to use, sorry. I forgot until know, and I can’t come up with a card

Robin Aisaga

Ginger Lillie > Regular Lillie
Paba8Xi.gif

TmjJQvs.png

I wanted to give Arceus a card that justified its godly status, card balance and playability were just as important to me. This card doesn't hit particularly hard, that is because Arceus GX is about being versatile. Similar to Silvally it can exploit any weakness and with that it can help a ton of decks deal with their shortcomings. Experienced players will try to use Judgement GX early on, likely with another GX attacker in case their opponent already used a GX attack. Arceus isn't a slow Pokémon, its amazing stats are well represented with its HP and retreat cost. We cannot let the creator of the Pokémon world be some pushover can we?

Arceus Art by Tomy Case
Card components from PokemonCardRecources
Image used for background:
F83MdfF.jpg

Image used for Holo effect:
JfE0EXn.png

Nyora

A Cat
[/SPOILER
Giritina PRISM STAR
100 HP
[P] Type
Ability: Blood Sacrifice
As often as you like during your turn (before your attack), you may place a damage counter on this Pokémon. If you do, draw a card.
[P] Distortion Pulse 10
Search your deck for an Arceus PRISM STAR with the attack Pure Spark and put it on this card. This Pokémon now has 100 more HP and can use the attacks and abilities of Arceus PRISM STAR. This Pokémon retains the attacks, Abilities, Weakness, Resistance, and Retreat Cost of Giritina PRISM STAR. If this Pokémon is knocked out on your Bench, your opponent takes 3 prize cards. If this Pokémon is knocked out in the active position, your opponent takes 2 prize cards.
[P][C] Chaos Catalyst 100
Switch this Pokémon with 1 of your Benched Pokémon. If you do so, your opponent may take a Prize Card. If they do, the Pokémon you switched into the active can attack twice until the end of your next turn. (If the first attack Knocks Out your opponent's Active Pokémon, the Pokémon can attack again after your opponent chooses a new Active Pokémon.)
Weakness:
Resistance:
Retreat: [C][C][C]

Magnezone ULP
Decidueye GX
Zoroark GX
Alolan Sandslash GRI
Golisipod GX
Medicham PRI
Gabite ULP
]
Ooohhh I can Chaos Catalyst into Mew EX use Chaos Catalyst into Mew EX use Chaos Catalyst into Mew EX use Chaos Catalyst into Mew EX use Chaos Catalyst into Mew EX use Chaos Catalyst for game :p

EDIT: Well, not that many Mew EX, but we have baby mew, so :p
EDIT: IM dumb you can just switch into the same mons :/

Last edited:

Luispipe8

Pokémon Professor
While this isn't an actual issue or anything I would edit my entry for, it does look fairly confusing to have Kingdra Prime listed as a reference when my entry seems to have no connection to it. This was actually for a scrapped idea for the ability, and I simply forgot to take it out. If this lowers my score by the judges, I wish to own up to that mistake and state that my entry should be fairly evaluated with this fact in mind.

Don't worry, girl, I [can] only look at the card itself. You could tell me you based it off Zeraora UPR and I wouldn't give a dog poop. :p Besides, nobody is forced to put in references; if anything they make my job easier. xD

And yes, I just got here, been busy with life and such, both I've been checking silently because my phone's browser totally doesn't log me out every day or so...

VioletValkyrie

You're out of your mind.
Don't worry, girl, I [can] only look at the card itself. You could tell me you based it off Zeraora UPR and I wouldn't give a dog poop. :p Besides, nobody is forced to put in references; if anything they make my job easier. xD

And yes, I just got here, been busy with life and such, both I've been checking silently because my phone's browser totally doesn't log me out every day or so...

Thank you. I was sure it wouldn't be a large issue, I'd just rather have it cleared up and avoid confusion rather than just have it lay there.