Contest PokéBeach Create-A-Card: August 2017 - Light & Heavy - Text-Based Results Up!

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
There seems to be some formating issue that arises whenever colours are used in a post, causing the "enter" space that follows the line to not show when it is posted to the forums. I'm getting that looked into, but for the mean time, you'll need to double enter between new paragraphs if you're using colour tags. (The preview will show how it would look on the forums.)

I'll also be editing posts so that they look as intended, if this glitch occurs to them. :)

crystal_pidgeot

Bird Trainer *Vaporeon on PokeGym*
Snorlax GX [C] HP190
Basic Pokemon

Ability: Truffle Shuffle

As long as this Pokémon is your Active Pokémon, ignore all effects of your opponent's Abilities, attacks and Trainer cards done to this Pokémon.

[C][C][C][C][C] Smother Grab 160

You may switch your opponent's Active Pokémon with 1 of their Benched Pokémon before doing any damage.

[C][C] Jelly Roll GX

This attack does 100 damage to each of your opponent's Pokémon with a Pokémon Tool card attached to it. (You can't use more than 1 GX attack in a game.)

Weakness: [F]x2
Resistance:
Retreat Cost: [C][C][C][C]

========================================================================================================

A Smother Grab is an attack I came up with in middle school (no surprise there) where a fat person throws their stomach at you in which it turns into a hand, grabs you and brings you back in to be smothered. It's funny when you see it in action.

Jelly Roll GX I wanted to call Fat Ass GX but Jelly Roll was just funnier. Just think of Snorlax rolling on all of your opponent's Pokémon at the speed of light, that is what Jelly Roll is.

All other stats are somewhat expected on Snorlax.

John InCENAroar

Praising the Vish, Praying for Sableye V
Torterra GX - [G] - HP 250
Stage 2 - Evolves from Grotle

Ability: Fertile Ground
Each of your [G] Pokemon can evolve on your first turn or the turn you played those Pokemon.

[G][G][G][G] Savage Ground 150
Until the end of your next turn, whenever each player plays a basic pokemon from their hand onto their bench, that pokemon takes 30 damage.

[G][G][G][C] Frenzy Plant GX 200
This attack does 30 damage to each of your opponent’s benched pokemon. (You can’t use more than 1 GX attack per game.)

Weakness: Fire (x2)
Resistance: None
Retreat: [C][C][C][C]

SneaselGenesis

Aspiring Trainer
bFrdgYB.jpg

Scoop

Literally a sheep
After enough consideration I'm dropping out. I tried fixing up my entry to be a lot less overdesigned but I wasn't able to. As I edited in my post, the card is beyond salvageable. At least it'll give more space to potential entrants. My apologies in advance if that causes some sort of inconvenience.

NinJamezor

We love Huntail
Here's my Heavy Pokémon for this month!
tdbCWAV.png
Dialga SP (Platinum)

DashKing

Aspiring Trainer
Finally done with my card! This is probably the best card I've ever made for a CAC so far (at least text wise), and figuring out all the syntax definitely took a while!
[Arceus GX [C] HP 190

Ability: Multitype: Once during your turn (before your attack), you may choose as many Pokémon in play as you like. For each Pokémon that you choose, flip a coin. If you flip more tails than heads, than you may choose two of the types on your bench. This Pokémon is now those types (in addition to its current type(s) until the end of your opponent’s next turn. If you flip more heads than tails, choose up to 5 types on either your or your opponent’s bench. This Pokémon is now those types (in addition to its current type(s). If you flip the same amount of tails as heads, then pick one of your opponent’s Pokémon. That Pokémon now has no type until the end of your opponent’s next turn.

[C][C][C] Polymorph: 10+

Choose as many Basic Pokémon on your Bench as you like. Search your deck for a Basic Pokémon and switch it with that Pokémon. (Any attached cards, damage counters, Special Conditions, turns in play, and any other effects remain on the new Pokémon.) Shuffle the first Pokémon into your deck. This attack does 20 more for each Pokémon you switched with a Pokémon in your deck with the effect of this attack.

[C][C] Rainbow Blast GX: 10+

This attack does 20 more for every type in play. (You can't use more than 1 GX attack in a game.)

Weakness:

Resistance:

Retreat [C][C]

Pokedex: It is said to have emerged from an egg in a place where there was nothing, then shaped the world.]

[
Vikavolt SUM

Ninja Boy STS

Flareon EX GEN

Xerneas BTH

Lycanroc GX PROMO
]

[
I wanted to implement this ability for a while with a Pokémon like Kecleon, but as Kecleon has a middling weight, I decided to do the Pokémon with the ability (in game) of Multitype. The ability allows Arceus to hit for different Weaknesses. The 1st attack also allows Arceus to change the Pokémon on the bench so it can have different types. The GX is the heavy hitting attack this card needs to be competitively viable.
]

blahblahbal

Aspiring Trainer
I don't have as much time this month, so I'd like to sign up for text-based. Plus my idea is... something I couldn't do in image-based :<. Unless I had someone to help out :p.

Yog

Rogue
This is my Lamp entry for this month!
It might be a bit too early to create my fake for this month, but eh. The more lamps the better.

Lampent / Stage1 / HP: 80 / Fire
~ Evolves from Litwick

lampent.png

[ NO. 608 | Lamp Pokémon | HT: 2'o" | WT: 28.7 lbs. ]

[Ability] Heavy Flames
The Retreat Cost of each Burned Pokémon (both yours and your opponent's) is [C][C] more.

[R] Cursed Flares [20]
If your opponent's Active Pokémon has no Retreat Cost, you may leave that Pokémon Burned.

Weakness: [W] x2

Resistance:
Retreat Cost: [C]

[Dex Entry: This is a very special Lamp. Which is why many evil creatures like Vracken have tried to steal this lamp several times.]
PB CaC Promo

Good luck to the other Lamps entrants! I can't wait to see what everyone else comes up with!~

I see you decided to interpret the theme and enter something that's a little..

.. light.

IgddJiO.jpg

blahblahbal

Aspiring Trainer
Palkia GX - Water - HP190

Basic Pokémon

[W][W]ooiooooooVortex Chopooooooooooooo50

[W][W][P][C]ooiooSpatial Vortexooooooooooo130

Discard an Energy from both Active Pokémon.

[W][P][C]oooooooAnother Vortex GXoooooooo40x

Your opponent shuffles their hand into their deck.
This attack does 40 damage for each card shuffled
into your opponent's deck. (You can't use more
than 1 GX attack in a game.)

Pokémon-GX rule: When your Pokémon-GX is Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.

Weakness: [L] x2

Resistance: None
Retreat: 3

It is said to live in a gap in the spatial dimension parallel to ours. It appears in mythology.

It's formatted a tad strangely... (Note the o's and i's in white between the energy cost and attack names). I also wasn't sure on adding the dex entry... Since it's a GX, and they don't have those.

Nyora

A Cat
Aggron HP 170 Metal
Stage 2 - Evolves from Lairon

/Ability/ - Heavyweight
The retreat cost of each of your opponent's Basic Pokémon in play is [C][C] more.

[M][M][M][M] Iron Swinger 100+
Flip a coin for each [C] in the Retreat cost of each Pokémon in play. This attack does 10 damage times the number of heads.

Weakness: Fire x2
Resistance: Psychic -20
Retreat: 4

Lunarwork

Just causing a total lunar eclipse....
Basic - Guzzlord - HP 190 - {D}
No.799 - Junkivore Pokemon - HT. 18'01" WT. 1957.7 lbs.

Ability: Ultra Devour
If any of your opponent's Pokemon has any Special Energy cards attached to it,
those Pokemon can't retreat as long as this Pokemon is in play.

{C}{C} Hyper Vacuum - 70
You may draw 2 cards from your deck. If you do, discard an Energy
attached to this Pokemon.

{D}{F}{G}{C}{C} Vortex Abyssal- 200
Place 3 damage counters on this Pokemon.

Weakness: {Y} x2
Resistance:
Retreat: {C}{C}{C}{C}

A dangerous Ultra Beast, it appears to be eating constantly,
but for some reason its droppings have never been found.

EDIT: nvm.

Last edited:

wonderful_whismur

The most wonderful whismur in the world
I'll also be dropping out. Really love this theme but I'm entering into my study week for the exams. Really wanted to pull something nice before that but I guess it's too late... So sorry about that.

P3DS

UK VGC Regs Champ 2015
425.png

Another flying type from me. I searched for light Pokemon, and found that Drifloon was lighter than I thought. After remembering its dex entries, and remembering a fanart of an Air Balloon Heatran, I thought it would be hilarious to do this. I mean, its all weight related, so why not make anything light, and make other Pokemon fly away.

Drifloon - Psychic - HP 50 - Basic Pokemon

NO. 425 Balloon Pokemon HT: 1'04" WT: 2.6 lbs

Ability: Balloon Ride

Once during your turn (before your attack), if this Pokémon is on your Bench, you may discard all cards attached to this Pokémon and attach it to 1 of your Pokémon as a Pokémon Tool card. The Pokémon this card is attached to has no Retreat Cost. The Pokémon this card is attached to can also use the attack on this card. (You still need the necessary Energy to use this attack.) If the Pokémon this card is attached to is damaged by an opponent's attack, discard this card.

[C][C] Spirited Away

If the attacking Pokemon is Drifloon, you may shuffle 1 of your opponent’s Benched Pokemon, and all cards attached to it, into your opponent’s deck. Shuffle this Pokemon into your deck. (Discard all cards attached to that Pokemon.)

Weakness: [L] (2x)
Resistance: [F] (-20)
Retreat: 0

If for some reason its body bursts, its soul spills out with a screaming sound.

So, thinking of the Air Balloon, I instantly went with the float stone idea. It’s basically a non item float stone. A nice way around item lock for some. I then thought it could be some form of evacuation card, and added the ability for the equipped Pokemon to use Spirited Away, but with a slightly altered effect than if it was Drifloon itself. This means that Drifloon is taking it away instead of an opponent.

Thanks to the eerie dex entry, I wanted Drifloon to carry victims away. But this is a way too overpowered attack if it took prizes. So, it can force away a benched Pokémon, rather than the active. If its attached to a Pokémon, it can evac them away, similar to deck and cover. [C][C] was chosen as the attack cost, as it allows the equipped Pokemon to be put back in the deck, but for a cost: Losing your items.

I chose 0 retreat due to all its flight shenanigans, and that it would seem weird that a mon that gives free retreat doesn’t have it itself. This also fixes the issue Klefki had, where it couldn’t be useful unless it was on the bench, thus allowing a free retreat to do that. Weakness/Resistance, I chose standard flying ones, as I emphisise its flying typing here. 50HP lets it be level ball searched (As most “light” Pokémon are), and 50 was chosen as to allow easier sniping to balance out their usefulness as a free retreat Pokemon as a non tool.

Klefki STS
Sylveon GX GRI
Accelgor DEX
Float Stone
Aqua Diffuser
Bursting Balloon BKP
AZ PHF

Edited. Forgot Dex stats and Dex entry :/

Last edited: